Declaration of Independence from ITS

Pillow Pets Empire
Guild: Sacred Order of Blessed Nyan Cat

Declaration of Independence from ITS

Postby Pillow Pets Empire » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 19:11

The unanimous Declaration of the Sacred Order of the Blessed Nyan Cat,

When in the Course of Astro Empires, it becomes necessary for some players to dissolve the guild fellowship which has connected them with others, and to assume among the powers of the game, the separate and equal station to which the Rules of Astro Empires and its Admin entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of the player-base requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all members are players equally, that they are endowed by the Admins with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Fleet, Econ, and the pursuit of Derbs.--That to secure these rights, Guilds are instituted among Players, creating Leadership from the consent of the members,--That whenever any Form of Leadership becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the members to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Leadership, laying its foundation on the rules and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their farming and blobbing. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Leadership long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that players are more disposed to suffer, while trolling is sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the boards to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and unpunished trollings, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Leadership, and to provide new kick derbs for their future economy.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Members; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Guild Memberships. The history of the present Leadership of ITS is a history of repeated failures and incompetences, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these Members. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

They have refused to kick derb trolls, the most vile and damaging weapons to a guild's solidarity.

They have forbidden their members to clean up Recyclers left on at the blob, unless given a whole day's notice; and when suicide victims are left bereft of fleet, have utterly neglected to wipe clean these illegal recyclers.

They have refused to pass rules for the accommodation of minority players, in particular women, unless those players happen to be cap stackers; even for them, much harassment is tolerated before a reprimand.

They have called out launch orders at times unusual, uncomfortable, and difficult for many of their members to be able to satisfy, for the sole purpose of making those with complex lives stand out among their peers as "bad players."

They have changed rules repeatedly, to cover for their inability to properly maintain order in regards to recycler abuses.

They have failed, for a long time, after such abuses, to cause a proper accounting of debris debt to be instated such that those owed can recoup profits they had already earned.

They have made Members dependent on their Will alone, for despite their meager encouragement for ninja ops, they have failed to provide appropriate goals and targets for their members to achieve; those goals and targets provided were either weak farm guilds with no hope of providing any serious challenge, or production targets that were mathematically impossible to achieve; all this to the detriment of an aggressive and proficient play-style.

They have erected a multitude of officers with little in the way of real power; these officers were meant to improve organization, but were hardly given tools to complete their objective, outside of scouting, nor meaningful objectives to accomplish.

They have kept us in times of peace, leaving us weak and meager in battle experience.

They have affected to render our fleets independent of and superior to the player's power.

They have combined with others to subject us to a laughably organized zerg; an unholy union which few in any guild wanted; giving their Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation.

For giving an unfair proportion of guild wealth and profit to the cap stackers, leaving general fleet members to suffer and be unable to keep up once cap stackers began production proper.

For putting us in a war with our Trade partners in all parts of the server.

For depriving us, in many cases, of worthy targets to do battle with.

For kick derbing only the token spies and trolls whom had done so much to damage the solidarity and efficacy of the membership.

They have abdicated Leadership here, by putting us all at the mercy of the entire server.

They have caused our routes to be plundered, our strongholds to be ravaged, our bases to be burnt, and our fleets to be derbed.

They are at this time turning on their own members and former members to complete the works of derb, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with the circumstances of the OP-ITS massacre scarcely paralleled in the most one-sided of wars, and totally unworthy to hold Leadership of a cluster bloc.

They have constrained our fellow players derbed in battle to bear fleet against their own members, to become the derbers of their own friends and allies, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

They have excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and have failed to properly prevent Suicides and spies among our ranks, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all fleet specs and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by meager kick derbs and token apologies. A Leadership whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of free players.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions from the other clusters. We have been warned from time to time of attempts by our Leadership to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have been reminded of the circumstances of our settlement here. We have had our native justice and reason appealed to, and Leadership has conjured by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these attempts to save us from what we now seek to flee. They have as a result run over us as a steamroller in exacting punishment for Our failure to appropriate meaningful Leadership. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of the server, Allies in War, in Peace Farms.

We, therefore, the members of the Sacred Order of the Blessed Nyan Cat, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the internet for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the Blessed Nyan Cat, solemnly publish and declare, That these Players are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent Players; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to ITS, and that all political connection between them and the ITS Leadership is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent Players, they have the full Power to levy war, farm noobs, contract Pacts, establish Trade, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Players may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the power of the Blessed Nyan Cat, we mutually pledge to each other, and Nyan Cat, our Fleets, our Econ, and our sacred Commanders.

TL; DR: ITS Leadership be trippin, yo. We outta here.

Sincerely,
Shiny Lord Hamnat

P.S. I love you Hamnat - you crack me up but this is, sadly, all so true
To join us please apply at Sacred Order of the Blessed Nyan Cat

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Re: Declaration of Independence from ITS

Postby FrostyGoblin » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 21:17

This is what happens when you let autism become a socially acceptable thing.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 21:54

I'm tempted to go through this and see if you left in any language that doesn't fit AE, but ... muh autism just isn't up to par.

Pillow Pets Empire

Postby Pillow Pets Empire » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 22:41

FrostyGoblin wrote:This is what happens when you let autism become a socially acceptable thing.
I don't get your "joke", if you can even call it that. Maybe I'm not able to think down to your level? - oh I know, I should smoke a few bowls and come back to this, maybe then I'll "get it". Lol

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sat 27 Jun, 2015 23:00

Pillow Pets Empire wrote:
FrostyGoblin wrote:This is what happens when you let autism become a socially acceptable thing.
I don't get your "joke", if you can even call it that. Maybe I'm not able to think down to your level? - oh I know, I should smoke a few bowls and come back to this, maybe then I'll "get it". Lol
Don't worry about it, you're too autistic to get it.

Pillow Pets Empire

Postby Pillow Pets Empire » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:58

Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:
Don't worry about it, you're too autistic to get it.
Not worried about it, certainly not autistic or artistic, but I am a little sadistic, masochistic, monotheistic, and majestic.
You on the other hand, are most definitely anachronistic; however, don't be pessimistic - I'm sure someday you'll grow up :)

Luftwaffe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Luftwaffe » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:23

Should have been aborted.

E:FTW / F:WoG / G:GLAM / O:OFACE / N: KING / S: SMUG / J2.0: GAME

And a bunch of others guilds that were worse than those previously mentioned.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 06:47

Pillow Pets Empire wrote:You ... are most definitely anachronistic
You say this like it's a bad thing.

Krieger-Q
Guild: BACON - Q
RIBS - R
KING - N

Postby Krieger-Q » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 16:35

+1 to PPE and her little band of crazy's. Maybe she has a lot to say but there's some ethics there that I respect.

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Dark Kruran
Guild: [BOB] Q [VOID] D
Galaxy: Drako

Postby Dark Kruran » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 16:49

Krieger-Q wrote:+1 to PPE and her little band of crazy's. Maybe she has a lot to say but there's some ethics there that I respect.
that i can respect also ;) l +1000%

Ulrezaj
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 17:26

>Ethics

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Dr. Fappo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Dr. Fappo » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 22:34

I'm sure Frostygoblin found true solace in calling another player autistic.

http://cupcakerecipes.eu - A Heaven for Cupcake Enthusiasts
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 23:04

Krieger-Q wrote:+1 to PPE and her little band of crazy's. Maybe she has a lot to say but there's some ethics there that I respect.
It's just a slightly modified (American) Declaration of Independence. Also, most of the grievances are meh. Especially this one:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have refused to kick derb trolls, the most vile and damaging weapons to a guild's solidarity.
Trolls are indeed the most damaging weapons in a guild's arsenal, but kicking them is a waste of good material.

Oh and,
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For kick derbing only the token spies and trolls whom had done so much to damage the solidarity and efficacy of the membership.
I thought you just said they didn't kick derb them?

And while I'm at it,
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For giving an unfair proportion of guild wealth and profit to the cap stackers, leaving general fleet members to suffer and be unable to keep up once cap stackers began production proper.
edit: Ah this is Quantum, silly me. Still, feeding caps over less critical fleet specs is a long-established and entirely justified practice. Not as important as it is on 2.0, but still something only a peon would whine about. Caps win crashes.
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For putting us in a war with our Trade partners in all parts of the server.

These are contradictory.
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have erected a multitude of officers with little in the way of real power; these officers were meant to improve organization, but were hardly given tools to complete their objective, outside of scouting, nor meaningful objectives to accomplish.
Good for them. Many hands make light work etc. Decision by committee basically never works, so there shouldn't be more than a handful of 'officers' with any real power, the rest are just there to manage the day to day operations of the guild. Of course every now and then one of those bureaucrats gets it into his head that he should be more significant than he is, and we end up with stuff like this thread.
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have called out launch orders at times unusual, uncomfortable, and difficult for many of their members to be able to satisfy, for the sole purpose of making those with complex lives stand out among their peers as "bad players."
You do realise how dumb this is, right?

etc.

At the end of the day, like so many times before, Balor & co. played on self-centered and nearsighted 'grievances' to cause a split in their opponents' ranks. Can't really fault them for that, but y'all got played.

Note: I realise some of these are constrained by the language of the original, but they should still make sense/not be idiotic.

Pillow Pets Empire

Postby Pillow Pets Empire » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 11:40

Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have refused to kick derb trolls, the most vile and damaging weapons to a guild's solidarity.
Trolls are indeed the most damaging weapons in a guild's arsenal, but kicking them is a waste of good material.
- Clearly you don't know what you're talking about as you weren't there and you didn't ask for clarification. So to help you, the "trolls" went far beyond trolling and just constantly insulting/offending people on purpose with no "joke" - no "good material " just massive disrespectful BS, to their our own teammates, not the enemy. Thus it destroyed the morale of the entire team.
Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For kick derbing only the token spies and trolls whom had done so much to damage the solidarity and efficacy of the membership.
I thought you just said they didn't kick derb them?
- Once again you don't understand and don't ask for clarification. It's a chronological order thing. After people started quitting and leaving in droves they tried to "appease" remaining members by finally doing something they should have done a month before. On top of that, they then failed to kick many inactives stupidly trying to give the impression that more people were still playing, as such the inactives were not farmable for our players who badly needed credits and instead they let the enemy farm them instead.
Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For giving an unfair proportion of guild wealth and profit to the cap stackers, leaving general fleet members to suffer and be unable to keep up once cap stackers began production proper.
edit: Ah this is Quantum, silly me. Still, feeding caps over less critical fleet specs is a long-established and entirely justified practice. Not as important as it is on 2.0, but still something only a peon would whine about. Caps win crashes.
- Again, you don't understand. Caps don't do anything to win crashes if you have no plan on how to win the crash. Also after cap stackers are already in full production they don't then need to still be fed an inproportionately large amount of derbs and kicked inactives. Since the caps were rendered totally useless by a lack of strategy and by constantly upsetting the players which only encouraged more peeps to Sui on the caps, the idea that the "caps will help us win crashes and the derb splits will repay us for all the money we gave up to grow their accounts" then became completely invalidated. In other words, literally no return on our investment. On top of this, leadership blamed the cap builders instead of taking the blame for their own failure, and so several of the caps players then deleted. So we sacrificed all that time for nothing.
Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:For putting us in a war with our Trade partners in all parts of the server.
These are contradictory.
- Again I will educate you, they aren't contradictory statements at all. It is also a chronological issue. Long before the OP we were greatly restricted on our ability to ninja, and because they "made friends" with our entire cluster bloc, the double combo meant we had no ability to farm to help grow our accounts and keep up with lowers & teens - all we could do was sim. - then they incited the rest of the server to gang up on us, entering us into a war we had no chance of winning because of their ineptitude they could not organize or plan a strategy. They also refused to listen to those that could.
Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have erected a multitude of officers with little in the way of real power; these officers were meant to improve organization, but were hardly given tools to complete their objective, outside of scouting, nor meaningful objectives to accomplish.
Good for them. Many hands make light work etc. Decision by committee basically never works, so there shouldn't be more than a handful of 'officers' with any real power, the rest are just there to manage the day to day operations of the guild. Of course every now and then one of those bureaucrats gets it into his head that he should be more significant than he is, and we end up with stuff like this thread.
- Not good for them nor anyone else. Hamnat, myself, and mostly everyone who left were not officers. They didn't give any of the actual officers power to organize despite claiming that was what they were doing. This lack of organization theme was the central reason for 20s failure. If you didn't know that then you haven't been paying attention. You could have respectfully asked for clarification but you didn't, which is understandable given your maturity level. As I said earlier, maybe someday you'll grow up.
Wlerin wrote:
Pillow Pets Empire wrote:They have called out launch orders at times unusual, uncomfortable, and difficult for many of their members to be able to satisfy, for the sole purpose of making those with complex lives stand out among their peers as "bad players."
You do realise how dumb this is, right?

At the end of the day, like so many times before, Balor & co. played on self-centered and nearsighted 'grievances' to cause a split in their opponents' ranks. Can't really fault them for that, but y'all got played.
- First off I'll give you Hamnat's comment:
Shiny Lord Hamnat wrote:We were, after the crash, given multiple launch order situations wherein we received launch orders mere hours before a large scale launch without any prior information on the matter, and the orders were given at strange and random times of the day. Failure to meet those badly organized launch orders was seen as the sign of a traitor or worthless player.
Also again I will educate you on what you know nothing about, that none of this was nearsighted and it's idiotic for you to blame Balor for a decision I had been wanting to make for over a month prior. I tried to fix things from within and when they started censoring me and others who tried to comment on how to fix things, I realized that clearly reasoning with them was never going to work so I left.

Furthermore, nothing about what I did was self-centered. I did what I did trying to save the 20s from the epic failure of the crash and the subsequent mass quit that took place because of it. I know you don't understand everything given you didn't even bother to ask questions, but the adults here who were in ITS happen to agree with what I have said and what Hamnat wrote here.
Wlerin wrote:Note: I realise some of these are constrained by the language of the original, but they should still make sense/not be idiotic.[/size]
This isn't idiotic, it's a funny and entertaining way to phrase all our sentiments as to what was done wrong and why we have left. In case you're actually willing to learn, for future reference, when you don't understand something, instead of bashing it in the disrespectful, immature, and idiotic way that you did, you should instead do something us mature adults do, which is ask for clarification.

I hope you enjoyed today's lesson as I do believe in giving charity to the less fortunate but if you're simply unwilling to grow up and learn, then there's really nothing anyone can do to help you Wlerin.

Sincerely,
Pillow Pets Empire

Return to “Quantum”