Platinum Member
Guild: 1st
SoT
USSV
AYAYA
BDSM

Drako Law Alleged Violation #2: VuDu ressupyling after crash

Postby AggressiveTurtle » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 20:54

Complaint : VuDu sent extra fleet after the blob crash against Alien, breaking the 115% limit they were given.

VuDu was at war against Alien - Alien lost the majority of their fleet in the crash, maybe with the possibility of contesting the pile at a later date. Afterwards VuDu began sending extra resupply fleet breaking the 115% limit.

Violation of :

Drako Law War RoE:

B. An attacking guild may not attack another guild with fleet, including support fleet, greater than 115% of the defending guild's entire fleet.

Judging Panel: GM's Of:

1 [UFC] Ultimate Fight Club 36,816,725 101 364,522
2 [SYN] The Syndicate 22,065,995 97 227,484
3 [DOGE] Much Good, Very Wow 16,968,465 53 320,160
4 [ADHD] Accept Defeat Hit Delete 13,019,580 43 302,781
5 [WHAT] We Hit All Targets 11,436,815 88 129,964
6 [VuDu] MaJiK 10,125,055 41 246,953
7 [NASA] Not Another Server - ARGHHH 8,517,240 34 250,507

GM's please post your vote in this thread - you may attach an explanation as well.

VuDu, Alien, please have ONE member post any defense/evidence you wish.

Everyone else - please refrain from posting - This thread is for official GM decision and evidence presentation by LF/VuDu. If you want you can post discussion in the other thread.

[02:34:48] Chrkolby: masa is a *beep*
[02:34:58] slayerr: he's like the indian version of jay z
[02:35:24] Minesh: oh god lol
AggressiveTurtle » Thu 26 May, 2011 17:45 wrote:Return of the King?? pfft i was always here >.>
cactuschewer
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: USSV

Re: Drako Law Alleged Violation #2: VuDu ressupyling after c

Postby cactuschewer » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 20:59

The world has gone mad, anarchy rules, the Drako law has failed

Ex: -Min-/FAIL/S3D/MODS/RAVE/(-o-)/5150/GOON/PEACE/WL
Cloak wrote:you are full of win cactus
TheSpunkyOne wrote:Cactus thought process when posting on the forums
Mmm--->Womens---->Boobs----->Beer----->Derbs------>Posted
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 21:03

I hereby declare Mad Max rules to be in effect.

Also, assassinate Frosty.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
OneOfMany

Postby OneOfMany » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 07:30

I had addressed this same scenario in the council and was told it was Juuuust fine for a larger guild to bring their second wave 'resupply' fleet in. It is a big ol loophole by design to benefit the largest.

SYN Diplo- voted worst diplo ever
/salute
Twerk Team
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: BSMF
MODS
RAVE
(-o-)

Postby Twerk Team » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 08:13

I do remember TJ and Irish saying it was obviously ok for the guild to resupply. a few days ago in the chat.

Fett wrote:I wanna be relevant.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:07

Twerk Team wrote:I do remember TJ and Irish saying it was obviously ok for the guild to resupply. a few days ago in the chat.

Lots of things are obvious, but unless the law actually says its okay, it clearly isn't.

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:11

Wlerin wrote:
Twerk Team wrote:I do remember TJ and Irish saying it was obviously ok for the guild to resupply. a few days ago in the chat.

Lots of things are obvious, but unless the law actually says its okay, it clearly isn't.

Vudu need to be on the list too :paranoid:

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Hayley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hayley » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:16

Guild A with 12 million fleet (200k Avg) declares war on Guild B 6 Million fleet ( 70k Avg)

Someone says it's not fair! your average fleet is so much bigger! - It's ok they say! the Drako law says guild A can only send 115% of guild B's fleet!

Guild A sends 6.9 million Fleet to invade Guild B who has 6 million fleet total.

Guild B rallies 80% of its guild fleet(4.8 Million) to heroically defend the landing zone

they have no real chance because Guild A's mobiles are twice as large on average as guild B.

They manage to do some damage to Guild A's mobiles instead of being completely wiped out - the crash is even in losses - about 4.8 million on both sides.

Guild B is down to 1.2 Million fleet - mostly recyclers and empty carriers and a few base defense scattered fleets and maybe 1 or 2 people who didn't bother to show up because they're inacto

Guild A is down to 2 million fleet - mostly recyclers and a few late straggler fleets who showed up late . they hold the LZ with an impressive advantage.

at this point Guild A decides to "resupply" it's blob because hey Guild B's blob is dead and somebody had to farm the galaxy right? Another couple of million of Guild A fleet starts streaming in.

Guild B says " wait wtf happened to the 115% rule!?)

Guild B goes to the forums to complain.

Twerk Team shows up to spam every thread about how it's totally fair and ok for Guild A to reload with its other fleet and Guild B has to just take it.

This is why it's impossible to have nice things. You always have trolls who refuse to apply any sense of decency or common sense to a situation. The only way we can get to the point where fights are fair and servers don't get trollzerged to death is to ignore the trolls and just farm them to death. :)

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 09:18

Hayley wrote:Twerk Team shows up to spam every thread about how it's totally fair and ok for Guild A to reload with its other fleet and Guild B has to just take it.

Oi don't blame TT, he's just relating what the powers-that-be have said. It's utter bollocks, mind you, but it's not TT's idea.

Twerk Team
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: BSMF
MODS
RAVE
(-o-)

Postby Twerk Team » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:00

let's not forget Hayley comes to the forums to spam them constantly with whining about how everyone is breaking rules that aren't actually rules, even though she apparently has no idea what is actually going on. yay.

Prior to any war being declared it was specifically discussed in the leadership chat between irish eyes and others whether or not the members of the attacking guild that are participating in the war could resupply their fleet. It was decided and said yes that they could. Sorry you weren't there, and sorry your holy text Drako law is poorly written, but that doesn't mean you get to pursue whatever weird personal vendettas using the drako law. Stop spamming the forum with your ignorant nonsense and I won't have to come around and tell you why you're wrong all the time.

Fett wrote:I wanna be relevant.
takiwa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [XI] - Fenix
[WHAT] - Drako
Galaxy: Drako

Postby takiwa » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:07

Twerk Team wrote:Prior to any war being declared it was specifically discussed in the leadership chat between irish eyes and others whether or not the members of the attacking guild that are participating in the war could resupply their fleet. It was decided and said yes that they could. Sorry you weren't there, and sorry your holy text Drako law is poorly written, but that doesn't mean you get to pursue whatever weird personal vendettas using the drako law

Actually it does give him the right. A law is nothing more than what's written. It's either law or not. Specific discussions don't mean shyt. If I have to follow this stupid *beep* "Drako Law" then it better damn well cover all the bases. If it needs to be amended based on conversations, then do so, but until the letter of the law is revised and again signed by all the participating members, those conversations (especially ones in which all members aren't present) mean nothing.

"...and takiwa, you're just amusement value" - Pegasus
takiwa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
[WHAT] - Drako

Postby takiwa » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 10:20

"An attacking guild may not attack another guild with fleet, including support fleet, greater than 115% of the defending guild's entire fleet."

This is rather ambiguous. Wouldn't any resupply fleet fall under the "including support fleet" category?

Seems this law was written by the exact people that wanted it to read the way it does so they could abuse it from the start. The wording needs to be changed, it needs to be more descriptive, and several of the most blatantly obvious loopholes need to be patched if you expect this "experiment" to work...

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 16:18

takiwa wrote:This is rather ambiguous. Wouldn't any resupply fleet fall under the "including support fleet" category?

No, support fleet means carriers, recyclers, etc. Everything launched counts, not just the combat fleet.

That said, yes, resupply fleet should count, the problem is ... well, they should be counting fleet totals not just what gets launched in the first wave.

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 16:54

Simply put, what is in air 5mins before landing = first wave

everything else isnt really included.

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
takiwa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
[WHAT] - Drako

Postby takiwa » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 19:54

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:Simply put, what is in air 5mins before landing = first wave

everything else isnt really included.

then the law needs to state that SPECIFICALLY. Because it's just as easy for me to assume that the law, as written, means that ALL fleet attacking/incoming in a hostile SH should not exceed 115% of the defending guild's total fleet.

seems almost purposely ambiguous, tbh.

Return to “Drako”