Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: F: [Dibz]
G: [NOM]
L: [USSV]

Addendum to drako law, stronghold definition

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 14:43

Its not a perfect idea but still would clear up matters for the future to see what is clearly defined as a stronghold.

I propose this.

Code: Select all

[Number of players based in galaxy (50%+ bases there)]/[Total number of players in guild] = [Control rating]
So, if you have guild A with 50 members and 10 are in the contested galaxy that would give them a control rating of well;

10/50 = 0.2
The control rating is used as a multiplier for total number of bases in the galaxy.

[Control rating] x [Base count] = [Stronghold value]
So again lets say the same guild has 100 bases in the galaxy that would be;

0.2 x 100 = 20

Comparing this to a 10 man guild B which is completely located in that galaxy, again with 10 bases each for a total of 100 bases

[Number of players based in galaxy (50%+ bases there)]/[Total number of players in guild] = [Control rating]

10/10 = 1

[Control rating] x [Base count] = [Stronghold value]

1 x 100 = 100

100 > 20 so guild B would be classed as the primary stronghold ... holder with guild A holding the secondary (or depending on the control rating joint) position.
DXX 1st [GB] 2nd[GA]

At a later date other factors could be used and the formula made more complex but that was the general gist of it, or just the simple fact of "here is a straight definition of who is the primary controller of a galaxy" if there is still contention after this is applied then it can be decided by the Drako council.
Obviously better ways of working it out, changing or completely reformatting the equation are completely fine.

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Tjoli1

Re: Addendum to drako law, stronghold definition

Postby Tjoli1 » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 15:03

I feel this is fair for the early game. At some point fleet would need to be added. All in all a good system in my opinion though.

Captain Slice
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Captain Slice » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 15:52

I don't think strong hold rules should even be included in the Drako Law. Not all guilds are equal size as we know. If we are going ahead with these radical changes in the way we play this game, the strong hold concept is outdated.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 20:39

Captain Slice wrote:I don't think strong hold rules should even be included in the Drako Law. Not all guilds are equal size as we know. If we are going ahead with these radical changes in the way we play this game, the strong hold concept is outdated.
I do agree with this, going forward, and assumptions about SHs have caused 90% of the problems with the Laws so far (though this is also related to the unrest in the 20s that wasn't allowed to work itself out).

But it doesn't answer existing problems related to strongholds.

Kuchhogya

Postby Kuchhogya » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 13:06

or just the simple fact of "here is a straight definition of who is the primary controller of a galaxy" if there is still contention after this is applied then it can be decided by the Drako council.????

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:10

Kuchhogya wrote:or just the simple fact of "here is a straight definition of who is the primary controller of a galaxy" if there is still contention after this is applied then it can be decided by the Drako council.????
The law died months ago, along with the council.

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 02:17

i ate them

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game

Return to “Drako”