[WHAT] are betraying and farming their own members

GoldenSun3DS

[WHAT] are betraying and farming their own members

Postby GoldenSun3DS » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 11:01

EDIT:
I made this thread in high school when I was a huge noob. I'm much better now, so ignore this.

TL;DR is at the bottom.

There have been many [WHAT] members being betrayed. They are recruiting sheep and then slaughtering them when they feel they're ripe enough.

Some of the members that I've seen backstabbed within my scanner range:
Egwene, ~MT~ (previously known as Mattress-Thrasher), Thermisticles, Kinam, me

I may be forgetting some, and some I may not even be aware of since I don't know all of their members (it's been ages since I've neen in there)

What's funny is that some of the ones that joined in on betraying me themselves got backstabbed. Karma.

It's pretty ironic how they changed their name from [30s] to We Hit All Targets, because all targets includes their own members.

Most likely, all the sheep in there either:
1. Don't think it'll happen to them (success or high levels won't save you)
2. Are afraid of being farmed if they leave.
3. Haven't noticed it yet because they're new or haven't paid much attention to it.

WHAT even had official policies in their guild pages to kickfarm their own members if they get hit enough times. Not sure if it's still in there, but it was before I was betrayed.

They even had titles MARKING players with astericks that were over level 10 and at other level milestones, probably to better kickfarm the ripe ones. They don't do this anymore though (presumably stored elsewhere now).

They don't plan out their betrayals on their guild pages. I know this because I actually declined a leadership position in their guild and when I asked about the sudden astericks, they told me I'd know if I'd accepted the leadership position.

What happened in my case was that they threatened to kickfarm me if I didn't rush JGs for them, so I agreed and started work on it. Turns out that was a ruse to get me to be more profitable to betray.

Right when I was getting close and was about to claim a base in D31 to bridge the 2 galaxies, they kicked me and attacked all my bases.

Just before the attack, they even asked specific questions about when my OS would arrive in the next galaxy, and even tried to get me to save for the next 2 bases. I didn't think anything about it because it was the guild leader.

It's not like I was breaking their rules or anything. I was doing what they asked, was well ahead of their requirements in their guild pages, I was even rank #2 (or #3, we kept switching back and forth in rank position) in their guild when they kicked me.
While everyone around me was getting farmed, not a single one of my bases had been touched until I was backstabbed by my own guildmates.

TL;DR
[WHAT] are tricking and farming their own members for profit and their own gain.
All of the other D30 cluster guilds need to rally together to take on this evil [WHAT] menace.
Last edited by GoldenSun3DS on Mon 13 May, 2019 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

grimwise

Re: [WHAT] are betraying and farming their own members

Postby grimwise » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 12:29

Wow - this is truelly epic!!
Can a guild truelly be so diabolical to farm their own members!
where do I sign up to take on this evil menace threatening the very honor and integrity of the galaxy?

:paranoid:

TheDressMan

Postby TheDressMan » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 13:16

Yup, they just did it to me.

I was in D36 and I had relatively high defenses on all my bases because living next to (Crazy) makes you crazy.
They told me that I no longer needed them as D36 was now safe and that I should remove them to make room on my bases.

It took a two days to remove everything as I was not hyper active and once my bases were defenseless they hit them all.
I honestly could not believe my eyes. There goes almost a month of work into a account.
Thanks GRIMWISE for doing this to me. WE NEED JUSTICE! FARM GRIMWISE!

Vindi

Postby Vindi » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 13:19

so... they are kick farming their own players? wow....
WHAT kinda guild does that?
WHAT has the world come to... farming members that are inactive or don't comply with guild directives. That's really evil.

"I may be forgetting some..." - you can say that again.

You are forgetting that you insisted on building bases in Crystals, despite everyone telling you not to. You're forgetting you insisted on building 1 base per galaxy, despite everyone telling you not to. You're forgetting you insisted in rainbow fleets, despite everyone telling you too choose a spec.
You seem to be quite forgetful...
WHAT?

Retired Servers - Beta ; Fenix ; Helion ; Ixion ; Juno ; Kappa
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 14:40

Truly despicable, I say we send ninjas to farm their bases.

Oh wait I did that a week ago, miss-timing boys.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
JetFire
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: UEA, CM, CLS, BOTH, Judgement
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby JetFire » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 15:36

Some top Guilds do that... :P it's just a part of the game. Depends on how their players feel from one day to the next. If they feel they can replace you with a better part to their war machine... Well why keep the cheaper car part if you have a better one? :P You're pretty new if you think you're safe from at least the risk of something like that happening. Just sayin'

That was cute, good try.
Rabid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Rabid » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 15:59

To clarify here, we tried to teach you the errs of your ways. We went far beyond what most guilds would put up with.
But you are one stubborn sob.

It's your account, you can do with it what you like. But don't expect to be apart of any worthwhile guild with your "I" attitudes.
Maybe in a few more servers you'll learn how this game is played.

“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 16:25

Seems like it's the usual story. Farm refuses to listen, refuses to follow orders, gets kickfarmed, comes to the forums to spin a story painting him as the aggrieved party and not the guild he was failing.

Guild don't normally kick useful players, only the dead weight--players that are either inactive, disruptive, or useless in other ways (don't build fleet, don't participate in wars, build on all crystals, etc.). If they did tell you to build jumpgates and you flat out sucked at it, maybe they decided someone could use your credits to do a better job.

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 16:35

Wlerin wrote:Guild don't normally kick useful players.
Unless they are absolute wankers.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 16:46

FrostyGoblin wrote:
Wlerin wrote:Guild don't normally kick useful players.
Unless they are absolute wankers.
True. This is Moss we're talking about after all.

:P

Twerk Team
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: BSMF
MODS
RAVE
(-o-)

Postby Twerk Team » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 18:15

im just impressed with how obvious WHAT were with how they did it. It truly takes balls to openly tell your players to lower their defenses and stack credits right before kickfarming them. I guess if you know your players are noobs, it's easier, but still.

Fett wrote:I wanna be relevant.
JetFire
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: UEA, CM, CLS, BOTH, Judgement
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby JetFire » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 18:22

Agreed. I think it was Jarls on Lyra and then NSFW on Mira maybe that I saw trying to do that. There was one Guild in Epsi... God so long ago... ~_~ I don't think they even exist anymore. But yeah. Not many people actually ask you to become a farm lmao.

That was cute, good try.
TheDressMan

Postby TheDressMan » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 18:27

Still, nothing justifies farming their own members.

They are killing off the already small player base of a declining game. After all the work put into Drako law, all the effort to help a server stay strong and then a guild does this?
It's pretty gross that this is happening and diminishing all the work everyone is putting into helping the server.

Hellbound
Guild: IMP, original CROW

Postby Hellbound » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 18:36

Now why would a guild want to burden itself with the care and feeding of a tremendous amount of deadweight? Spais and all that such are bad enough to have to deal with without having a buncha noobz to spoonfeed and then listen to cry when they fail or get hit because they don't listen. The skill level required to be good at this game is not all that hard to get, but you have to be willing to put aside some hard-headed notions. No LS team is really going to deal with a lot of extra BS when you can just eat the problem instead.

I did it for the LOLZ.
Hayley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Hayley » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 18:45

Let's take for example a guild that is 40% n00b.

That means if they get invaded by a pro guild - their good players are outnumbered dramatically since their "noob" fleet is counted into total guild fleet.

To demonstrate: Let's say a guild has 20 million fleet but 8 million of it is held by some noobs who have no idea what the hell they are doing, they have crappy tech, poor specs, are generally inactive / useless.

They get invaded by 23 million active enemy fleet - Now since they have only 12 million active "pro" fleet - they are horribly outnumbered and have no real chance of winning. That 8 million in n00b inactive fleet is like deadweight dragging the whole guild down.

If a guild does not train its members to be good useful players and does not cull the noobs who are beyond help - it is dooming itself to being farmed and defeated in the future.

Return to “Drako”