Drako Law v2 Brain Storming

OneOfMany

Drako Law v2 Brain Storming

Postby OneOfMany » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 19:02

I like the original Law's premise- To ensure wars are fair and no one gets zerged. The way the law reads and is executed does not have that effect - maybe opposite. Perfection cannot be achieved but i think we can use the wisdom gained in the past few weeks to make sensible changes. I think we all want to have FUN and make this server last but in the past few weeks we have seen too many good people quit and wars are very difficult for a defender to survive.

I think one of the big issues is not just that there are loopholes, but we have not set in stone a proper judicial structure and agreed on how the laws are enforced. The Law should be simple and the Top 7 guild GM's should be judges that will agree on how to interpret and execute the laws and publish that in a co-authored signing statement.

I will collect proposals i this thread by editing it as we go along, then later we can reconcile varying versions or clauses or vote to ratify on a clause by clause basis.

I.E.:
Proposed clause:

An occupier has 6 hours to collect his debris, then must leave only 1 unit smaller than DN.

Execution:
To prevent perma occing the base may not be reoccupied for 48h and the initial debris under 50k can only be collected by the attacker or base owner after 6h. Credit transferring is prohibited.

SYN Diplo- voted worst diplo ever
/salute
Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Re: Drako Law v2 Brain Storming

Postby Pinochle » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 19:42

OneOfMany wrote:I like the original Law's premise- To ensure wars are fair and no one gets zerged. The way the law reads and is executed does not have that effect - maybe opposite. Perfection cannot be achieved but i think we can use the wisdom gained in the past few weeks to make sensible changes. I think we all want to have FUN and make this server last but in the past few weeks we have seen too many good people quit and wars are very difficult for a defender to survive.

I think one of the big issues is not just that there are loopholes, but we have not set in stone a proper judicial structure and agreed on how the laws are enforced. The Law should be simple and the Top 7 guild GM's should be judges that will agree on how to interpret and execute the laws and publish that in a co-authored signing statement.

I will collect proposals i this thread by editing it as we go along, then later we can reconcile varying versions or clauses or vote to ratify on a clause by clause basis.

I.E.:
Proposed clause:

An occupier has 6 hours to collect his debris, then must leave only 1 unit smaller than DN.

Execution:
To prevent perma occing the base may not be reoccupied for 48h and the initial debris under 50k can only be collected by the attacker or base owner after 6h. Credit transferring is prohibited.
Can you provide a real life example of where this was violated? What galaxy was this in?, Which players involved and name of guilds respectfully.

I hate to look at these case by case, but i'd like to know more. As the "loopholes" are not actually loopholes. For instance if a players base is in a guilds strong hold it can be perma occ'd etc.

OneOfMany

Postby OneOfMany » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 04:23

That scenario in my example of a proposed rule did happen yesterday to me in my stronghold and I'm sure others in other wars. I fought one occupier off who abandoned the debris not having been able to collect all during the prescribed 6 hours. Another player then arrived, and occd, i killed his fleet and a few hours later a THIRD player shows up with 14bs.

The rule is conceived to make sure a base is not occd for more than 6 hours, then allowing the occupied to free themselves. IMO once a base has been pillaged it should be left unoccupied to recover. Debris not collected in that period should left to the defender that sucessfully fought off an occ. I think it should take skill to protect your recs from spawns and recover your derb. Tag teaming one base takes no skill.

/salute
OneOfMany

Postby OneOfMany » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 06:39

Something else i think needs addressing is the war guild rule. AS it stands the attacker has the advantage being able to form a war guild with very active and motivated players to go up against a mixed bag of a guild. I don't think it is right that a defending guild cannot form a war guild to match the attacker's mobile. Wars should be about skill and fun- not about attacking smaller guilds while being protected from attack by other guilds. If the defending guild has 10m total, the way it stands, the attacker can launch 11.5m active and motivated mobile. The defender may have a blob of 7m including inactives etc. What if another guild could step in and attack the attacking guild? Maybe make a calculation as to how much can be launched- maybe the total fleet less the mobile launched?

/salute
GDI

Postby GDI » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:27

OneOfMany wrote:I think we all want to have FUN and make this server last but in the past few weeks we have seen too many good people quit and wars are very difficult for a defender to survive.
Well the good players quit due to some rl stuff going on and/or they accomplished their goals and had no more use for this server..

I mean hell, I was set on derbing Danzo and then quitting but he already rage quit on me :(

As for wars being to difficult for defenders...
I'm guessing you're from ADHD, SYN, or some other guild that got their *beep* handed to them..

Because of the "Drako Laws" you have a 24 hr notice of a large scale invasion against your guild.
You know who the enemy is.
You know where they will be coming from.

With a 24 hour notice how is it difficult to rally your troops and prepare for their arrival?
Never mind they can only bring at max 115% of your guilds total fleet..

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:56

GDI wrote:Never mind they can only bring at max 115% of your guilds total fleet..
That is, roughly 150% your mobile fleet on a good day.

Rabid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Rabid » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 08:00

The six hour rule is a bunch of horse Crap.

I could at times need much more than that to collect the derbs.
For instance, during an invasion I'm making multiple hits all at once. My recs are cleaning a few but will need time to move on the rest.
As the rule is written, I would have to forfeit those. Or face a penalty of..... not really sure what.

Not sure why this time limit was set, but I think it needs to be extended.
And that whole section of the law needs to be redrawn.

“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
GDI

Postby GDI » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 08:11

Rabid wrote:The six hour rule is a bunch of horse Crap.

For instance, during an invasion I'm making multiple hits all at once. My recs are cleaning a few but will need time to move on the rest.
As the rule is written, I would have to forfeit those. Or face a penalty of..... not really sure what.

The whole law needs to go.
There should be no time limit to collect derbs, nor should there be a "only the owner can free his/her base".

Its a bloody war you guys are trying to kill one another. If you make 20 hits and only have enough recs to cover 3 piles then that's on you for being a greedy who- you get the idea..

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 19 Aug, 2015 08:16

Rabid wrote:The six hour rule is a bunch of horse Crap.

Remember, it only applies to piles less than 50k, i.e. less than you could get from a good base hit. If the pile is your main source of profit, there's no time limit on how long you can take cleaning it up.

OneOfMany

Postby OneOfMany » Mon 24 Aug, 2015 19:08

Wlerin wrote:
GDI wrote:Never mind they can only bring at max 115% of your guilds total fleet..
That is, roughly 150% your mobile fleet on a good day.
Exactly- A war guild is all motivated and actives and the defender is a mixed bag. Plus as we know people tend to be more active when they are making hits rather than defending or freeing bases...

I would rather the war be a challenge to an attacker than just being able to send way more active fleet than the defender can muster and therefore the outcome be largely predictable.
There has also been talk of just making wars about blob crashes rather than base hits and to me that sounds even more boring. You just need a few mil more than the defender and you have the pile, restocks help secure it. The game then becomes SIMSIMSIM for 4 weeks, dec war on a smaller guild, crash blob and back to simming.

/salute
Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Postby Pinochle » Mon 24 Aug, 2015 20:36

So what you are really saying is this:

Even with 24 hour notice that someone is going to attack you, that your team will be unwilling or unable to be active to see the incoming fleets and cannot plan accordingly?

:wall:

Zanthus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Zanthus » Mon 24 Aug, 2015 21:36

Put your noobs and non-actives in a training guild so their fleet can't be counted as war fleet if you get declared on.

Kedart
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: E2 - [TILT]

Postby Kedart » Mon 24 Aug, 2015 23:25

Zanthus wrote:Put your noobs and non-actives in a training guild so their fleet can't be counted as war fleet if you get declared on.
Bingo.

If you are bad at cleaning house due to laziness/whatever, that's on you. If you have that much dead weight, farm them and make your actives stronger or move them all to a training guild.

Servers: P - BDSM | B2 - HIVE | C2 - ALL | D2 - DOGE | E2 - TILT | F2 - PPD | R - FRANK
Also known as Homura

Return to “Drako”