Re: Elysium Law

Postby Burgess » Tue 01 Dec, 2015 18:42

FrostyGoblin wrote:
Alpha-Omega wrote:
SouthOnFir3 wrote:Forever salty about C2 lmao
Been waiting on you. What took so long?
And enters the second half of Beavis and Butthead
Do you take turns playing Cornholio ?
Christ almighty, how can you still be salty about getting destroyed on C2?
This really coming from you two? :eh:

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 01 Dec, 2015 19:02

Shut up Burgess

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Alpha-Omega

Postby Alpha-Omega » Tue 01 Dec, 2015 23:21

FrostyGoblin wrote:Shut up Burgess
I approve this message

SouthOnFir3
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: E2-TILT

Postby SouthOnFir3 » Wed 02 Dec, 2015 04:59

I've forgiven you Burg bby. But now the next time you offer your Ham burgesses to Frosty ill make sure to remind him how that ends ; )

fkabnk wrote: Oh boy, that's some addex level stuff right there.
TYRANTCHEF

Postby TYRANTCHEF » Sun 06 Dec, 2015 07:47

I think I mentioned to Cyberoptics, that such an idea of a lawful AE server is a bit virtuous and even more so "idealistic", in order for such a thing to work, a 3rd party group would be needed in order to administer the laws and to execute the laws. The issue of any such system that isnt actually created by the AE admin is the interpretations of the law, and that in AE most players and guilds are interested in the expediency of all things... and as we all know there is only 1 major system of laws that is very expedient...

Psyentific
Guild: Alpha: [Anime]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Psyentific » Sun 06 Dec, 2015 08:47

The very idea of serverwide laws is appalling. Who's going to judge violations and edge cases? Who's going to enforce them? Who the hell is going to care?
All you need is three simple points, all of which are in our own best interests, as players and a community, to keep vaguely in-line with.

1. Have fun. Try not to ruin other peoples fun.
2. Keep your pacts. If you don't keep your pacts, nobody will be your friend. If you don't have friends, you'll get *beep* over by people who do.
3. Don't excessively *beep* people over. Ruining peoples game means they quit, then the game will die even faster.

smug anime girls are the highest form of rhetoric
Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Postby Pinochle » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 01:48

Psyentific wrote:The very idea of serverwide laws is appalling. Who's going to judge violations and edge cases? Who's going to enforce them? Who the hell is going to care?
All you need is three simple points, all of which are in our own best interests, as players and a community, to keep vaguely in-line with.

2. Keep your pacts. If you don't keep your pacts, nobody will be your friend. If you don't have friends, you'll get *beep* over by people who do.
3. Don't excessively *beep* people over. Ruining peoples game means they quit, then the game will die even faster.
This is really close to the ASAE way of life..

ick

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 04:00

Psyentific wrote:The very idea of serverwide laws is appalling. Who's going to judge violations and edge cases? Who's going to enforce them? Who the hell is going to care?

Alright, firstly "fun" is a completely useless term to try and apply to a rule. Fun is subjective, one persons idea of fun can involve literally ruining others fun.

Secondly, Pacts don't last forever. There has never been an alliance that has lasted indefinitely. Pacts end when they are no longer useful. It's going to stay that way because that's common *beep* sense.

Lastly, when it comes to a war game people will use war tactics, this means that people will inevitably *beep* people over. Hard. We can't police every time someone somewhere gets *beep* over, it probably happens daily. And how do we even define what getting *beep* over means? Is it when a leader is bad and accidentally recall traps his guild members? Who's at fault there, the person getting them recall trapped or the people trapping them? Or do you only think about when some guilds decides to *beep* over others, like someone backstabbing someone else? what if backstabbing them actually saved more accounts than if they didn't? Who are we to judge what is and what isn't morally correct?

TL;DR No, your ideas of three simple points are completely subjective and downright bad.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Psyentific
Guild: Alpha: [Anime]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Psyentific » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 04:54

I was purposely vague and subjective because I was writing a set of guidelines on how to play the game without ruining it, not hard and fast rules on how to take it too seriously. thinking of tacking on a fourth point there - It's just a game. Don't take it too seriously.
I deplore the idea of forcing rules where none are needed, because I've seen before how that often violates the very spirit of the game they're imposing rules on. Actually, I was

smug anime girls are the highest form of rhetoric
TYRANTCHEF

Postby TYRANTCHEF » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 15:19

then the fun is in overcoming the challenges... espionage, cheats, backstabs, zergs, trolling, overwhelming firepower... I personally dont care anymore about any of those potholes... you either drive around them, or over them.... one doesnt go in reverse on the highway of life

BEER MAN

Postby BEER MAN » Mon 07 Dec, 2015 23:23

AE is slowly dying with each server coming out.

The owner[s] need to speed the game up and limit guild sizes. To equal things out, defenses need to repair themselves more quickly, so the "guilds" that don't have the experience players have a chance. Heck, it would be nice to be able to "transfer fleets" to your guild mates to make the game a bit more interesting.

We can always make rules among ourselves, but these player/guild rules are usually short lived and doesn't improve the player's enjoyment.

Other than that, the next server is coming and will have even less activity than the previous one. :bleh:

Return to “Elysium”