A Great Server Crash

IrishEyes
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Love-Audi-1st-OMG-DOG-PM-GOAT

A Great Server Crash

Postby IrishEyes » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 13:38

Well just a quick run thru of what has been happening the last few weeks till now.

Last few weeks PM/PC have been in a blob chase/stare with CRY/HYDRA.

So in the last few days the main chaos started, cry/hydra moved their blob to 19 and did well and gathered almost 190mil.
PM/PC blob was at 195mil on its best day, we moved the blob thru teens from 13 to 17, lost some inactos on the way, but we got to farm a ton of bases.

So we finally blobbed/stopped in 17, the beginning of cry stronghold, we had 195mil v 190mil hydra/cry in 19.
Obviously a crash was prob never gonna happen, in all fairness we both have prob the same amount of inactos who don't move on time, so a plan was made to get some help/fleets from 3Sum.

3Sum decided to launch 30mil to 18 to help us, sent it to be visible so, we had planned on joining that wave, but we also hoped that hydra/cry would try intercept it before I could move PM/PC to it. Either way we where happy with either scenario.

hydra/cry decided to move the blob to 18 and wanted to start stacking 3Sum lz, which is a good idea but it also helped us split there blob/inactos, just like ours really.
On watching the numbers I decided to go for it and contest what hydra/cry had started sending, we made a sync launch to 18 with 60mil on time that landed into 95mil of cry/hydra. We did our bit in this wave and made sure that their main actives crashed and wasted fleet on our first wave. We had most of our blob coming but not in sync and in fairness to cry/hydra they had a lot more actives then we thought.
So I issued a recall order and concede defeat in this wave.
hydra/cry had a 78mil pile.

Next day we syncd what we could to match 3Sum sync, we didn't have a great number in sync, but hydra/cry had lost most of their actives and best players the day before. When we landed there was 40mil derbs left on that pile and almost 100mil of them there, with some about 20mil inactos of theirs on a gate 5min away.

We landed 60mil again this time in first 4minutes into that 100mil they had, well end game we won, with pretty great effort from all.
We now have held a pile for 12 hours, a 112mil and a mini pile of 6.5mil.

All in all good fight from both sides, pretty even fight at the end of the day when all fleets tallied on landings and present in teens.

Good Job to all.

p.s
That is F cluster deciding crash won. (Landed 14mil sync into a 23mil blob.)
Cent more less a server securing crash win. (Landed 280mil into a 300mil blob.)
Now E is won it seems in this great crash. (Details above.)
My next show will be in Quantum, where ill show waalor how its done. 3 for 3 recently, yeah I am terrible at gming.

TheJordache
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Music
KAOS
2usic
JORD
Galaxy: Ixion

Re: A Great Server Crash

Postby TheJordache » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 13:44

4/10, not enough references to this mass pm that MEDUS sent out.

[MEDUS] S A I N T Reply - Copy Savebox - Block Player - Report 11 Feb 2016, 10:08:30
hello there,
as you already know PM lost crash last night and now they are trying to get more players lose their fleets cos some people dont know when to stop.
your sync is looking bad and you will most likely burn your account if you land.
wont ask you to sui cos that is the strategy PM LS is actively trying to do - i will ask you to recall and re-think your position on this server.
3SUM was planned to be invaded and become farm cluster if PM wins.
you know that we stopped our invasion to 30s couple weeks ago cos we wanted you sided with us on this server. our goodwill was used by your leader Jordache who is just following orders from his boss on other server so he decided to backstab 20s - drop our pact and invade us despite the fact that we had 30 days cancelation notice.
i know some of you and that's why i am sending this msg otherwise i wouldnt care too much. you are just being used by your GM who talks very bad stuff about you in front of other guilds.
only right call for you is : recall fleet and send me a msg. that will save your account and you will become a part of family who does care of all members not just LS. and dont worry .3SUM wont be able to hurt you :)

I'm pretty much just really awesome. And modest.
Kedart
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: E2 - [TILT]

Postby Kedart » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 17:02

Funny how heavily HYDRA was talking themselves up yesterday morning, only to lose the pile a few hours later ;) Guess that just goes to show that you can't count your chickens before they hatch - declaring victory while your enemy has just as much fleet still alive isn't necessarily the smartest course of action.

GJ to all the PM/3SUM players who sent on time and blew it all even when things looked bleak.

Servers: P - BDSM | B2 - HIVE | C2 - ALL | D2 - DOGE | E2 - TILT | F2 - PPD | R - FRANK
Also known as Homura
LINKS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Boyka²
RAMMSTEIN²
Hei²

Postby LINKS » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 17:29

2 things decided the crash,Hydra inactos and SPARTAN!

I accept all the rules,
if im allowed to rule.
Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Postby Pinochle » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 18:44

LINKS wrote:2 things decided the crash,Hydra inactos and SPARTAN!
Glad you are finally optimistic...

I saw what you wrote after the first wave.

Lot's of props to Irish for the 2nd wave.

People on the PM boards were not kind to Irish, until he pulled a rabbit out of his hat (obviously required participation from guild mates) but still claimed victory

Good crash for everyone, and had fun!

Parasitoid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Parasitoid » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 19:10

PM had been the favorite for a long time and simply further improved their advantage with the addition of 3SUM.

It may be more fun to have an even field, but I think that seems to end in incredibly long and boring stalemates.

But like it was said, chickens were counted early, it may not be over just yet, which I hope is the case. Fighting is more fun than rage quitting.

Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 20:58

This is all my fault. Sorry everyone.

I don't have a gun
Eszchaton

Postby Eszchaton » Fri 12 Feb, 2016 23:11

Was an interesting crash and much needed on e

Gg, I had lots of fun

Too bad it ended this way. But that s the game.

We had too many people dropping us at the last minute.

After a massive zerg vs hydra I am still happy about the fight we put

IrishEyes
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Love-Audi-1st-OMG-DOG-PM-GOAT

Postby IrishEyes » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 01:11

^^^
This guy must be getting A in math class :shifty:

Dirty Rotten Tomato
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Dirty Rotten Tomato » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 01:46

I find it strange Balor hasn't commented on this thread Irish.... Isn't he in awe of you?

Persius

Postby Persius » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 02:13

Yes, indeed a very close crash. A few notes though, so that people get a clearer picture of what happened:

First one: no comparison between the number of inactos in PM and Hydra. Anyone who is at least semi-aware of the dynamics on Elysium knows that Hydra, due to a plethora
of very different reasons including tough RL situations, had an inactive LS for very many weeks. This was the key reason which unfortunately resulted in many people in Hydra gradually losing interest
on the server, and finally going full inacto when we most needed them. It was the reality we were faced with and we just need to accept it.

Secondly: As for the crash itself, Hydra - the number 2 guild since the PM/PC merge - somehow caused such fear on the enemy ranks, that the frontrunner
guild (by then already the number 1 guild for a very long time, with superior total fleet, economy, fleet averages and having already fed off from a couple of early crashes in the early game) decided to sell their heart and soul in order to receive the support on the crash from the number 3 guild on the server - 3SUM.

After the usual fishy shenanigans of having last-minute infiltrated people suiciding into our blob right before the crash, our guild Hydra - plagued by 2 months of inactivity and with a less experienced LS, with very limited diplomatic connections on the world of Astro Empires, and having taken the helm only 2 weeks prior - still somehow managed to rally their ranks as best as they could in order to mount a defense on the E18 stronghold galaxy.

The result was a sound victory against the first round of the millions of PM/PC invasion (which indeed didn't have the best of syncs overall), and forcing a recall of their remaining fleets after creating a close to 80M pile. Around 40M of them were claimed by Hydra after a long night of intense fighting.

For the second round on the next day, after having linked up with reinforcements by the new guild joining the party (the aforementioned 3SUM), a very close fight insued, but which in the end came to a few key HC and IF fleets on Hydra that were simply AFK, letting a few too many enemy cap fleets on the loose. A very close fight nonetheless, as already mentioned. And here i have to say, some of our enemies were truly valiant, showing fierceness and tenacity to insure a great fight, one which any true Astro Empires aficionado would agree as one worthy to be fought.

All in all, not too shabby a result I would say, for a number 2 guild full of inactos and a fresh, 2-week old LS, forcing a close to whole server zerg to be allied against them. Some would probably say it was nothing short of heroic, and even bitter enemies approached warriors of our ranks to express their acknowledgement and respect for such a close clash.

As for myself personally, it was a great and learning experience as my first 2 weeks of participating as LS on Astro Empires, and as being on my second server overall, having only played 1 month on Drako
before starting on Elysium.

I only have to thank again to our guys for the great work involved. One can only wonder what would have happened if there had been anything remotely resembling close odds on this fight.
With all certainty, what i saw was nothing short of a great display of grit, resilience and consumate tactical skills from the team that followed us, and for me that's the most important thing on this game.

Next time, with the whole situation less stacked against our team and a more stable RL situation on the LS side, the results will certainly be much different.

As for the going forward,it will soon come to a point where if our enemies, like Hydra, are interested in continuing the next round of such epic fighting at some point in the not-so-far away future, then a period
of rebuilding will be facilitated by both parties. Of course, we are aware of the massive advantage for PM/PC due to them likely being able to claim most of the pile, but Hydra won't fear such a fight and will prepare with the means it has available.

If the decision is not this one and server longevity is not the desired prospect, we will perhaps see each other next server. Only that this time, with different odds, i can easily predict things will be
be much much different.

As final words, i only want to again publicly aknowledge the people who participated with me on this great crash -
Very well done! It was, and continues to be, an honor to fight side by side with warriors of such caliber.

Persius

Dirty Rotten Tomato
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Dirty Rotten Tomato » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 04:30

too long. The only thing of note was that you agree Tomatoes are Fruit

Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 15:02

HYDRA had the superior advantage of me not being around for the past 2 weeks. Idk guys really how you lost with that advantage.

I don't have a gun
Eszchaton

Postby Eszchaton » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 17:24

Some people have too much ego

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Sat 13 Feb, 2016 17:27

Eszchaton wrote:Some people have too much ego
Yeah like that Libar kid that tried to strong-arm Jordache into KDing me, fka, and WB in exchange for an alliance. Yet HYDRA doesn't understand why 3sum didn't want to stay pacted.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire

Return to “Elysium”