Guild: TRO
NoOne
CHAM
GAG
DMTNT
RED

GAG on this

Postby lodbrok » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 22:30

GAG calls for more elite future servers.

The Era of cluster play has lasted for over 8 years now (if I'm not mistaking) and honestly the only people benefiting from this is the admins. I know a lot of us have the means to play new servers even if they popup every 1mnth but lets look back and give it a thought... Its all about who pays more or invests insane times to cheat these days for the sole purpose of running a cluster and strategically the server... This only takes about 3mnths at most to accomplish of which we (the community) have been researched on and hence new servers popup in approx that time-frame. The mindset is simple yet we all complain but we complain at each other and blame each other for killing servers when in fact we are a part of a monetized research.

Clusters barely get up to 30s these days... Naturally..

Lemme keep it simple and direct... How about if we "de-zerged" future servers? Max guilds at 30. What would that look like? Well it would definitely raise new leaders, raise the player base, raise the revenue generated by the admins (they'd love that), raise the competition, raise the douchebaggery, generate more etears, generate laughable threads (I miss this) and overall save this game from further decay.

Maxing guilds at 30 makes every cluster highly competitive and dynamic in itself. Just that intrigue of having to deal with so many elements is exciting. It's going to be a long thing to even think about invading other clusters.. Best part is that the game would obviously become more difficult.

Anyway I'm not talking about laws. I'm talking about a change of mentality on how we play future servers. It may be possible for laws to be enacted as a way to keep this idea running but I have little faith in laws especially if the community can not reach a consensus that the game needs to be saved.

Do not let the next server be about Balor vs Irish (basically they're the noise makers these days but their threads are boring). I mean I like the both of them but...

Please share ideas/thoughts and lets try to be positive.

How extra-Ordinary ordinary things are; like the nature of the mind and the process of observing...
JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: GAG on this

Postby JigokuShoujo » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 23:25

good ideas. demo.....
this game either broken or willfully design to foster that mentality. you need more than limit guild size to fix the abortion laughilly refer to as AE.
1st maybe admin actual prevent multi user. and actual limit on account growth to make top end extremely slow. maybe even limit on account size full stop.
so many thing wrong with AE is not funny anymore. I Quit. RAGEQUIT!!!! Maji ~ i will never start on new server. already am like one of those noobs who play way to many server.

ooops did i blow positive attitude thing?

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 23 Feb, 2016 20:11

lodbrok wrote:The Era of cluster play has lasted for over 8 years now (if I'm not mistaking)
Cluster blocks didn't really become a thing until Helion, specifically after this change went into effect:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86229

Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 16:49

It's the meta. I'm pretty sure it would've happened regardless of the WH damage removal change, but the change was certainly in favour of cluster block meta. Just like fleet maintenance is. Both encourage players to seek safety in numbers and in cluster control.

And about the whole topic discussed here. You can't make people play a certain way that is different and worse than the rest. Meta means most effective tactics available. Why would anyone handicap themselves just for some ideal? And then get stomped into irrelevancy? To play a hero? Certainly, go ahead. Been there, done that. I don't regret it but it has little point. You'll be alone in this.

I don't have a gun
lodbrok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: TRO
NoOne
CHAM
GAG
DMTNT
RED

Postby lodbrok » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 19:31

Yeh I figured that even before I wrote it but thought it best to put it out. The game isn't growing and very soon there would basically he servers where everyone doesn't fight anyone but themselves.

How extra-Ordinary ordinary things are; like the nature of the mind and the process of observing...

Return to “Elysium”