Dear Belwar

Keen

Re: Dear Belwar

Postby Keen » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 17:54

If i say that men need to stop cheating on their wives, am i accusing someone? No. Do we really have a proof of them cheating? No.

Same here, all we're doing here is talking about a global problem, which is, players cheating in AE. Ah wait, its not the same. We have proof, however we are not allowed to show it here and when we send it to support, it is ignored. Ok, fine, nothing we can do about it. But why block people from discussing a major community/game problem? Whats the use of the forums, if not for discussions? Or is it censored, because its spreading bad name for AE? (if it is, then why dont you do it smth about it! and if it isnt, then whats the problem?)

FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 18:24

Keen wrote:If i say that men need to stop cheating on their wives, am i accusing someone? No. Do we really have a proof of them cheating? No.

But that's a really empty and pointless statement and has nothing to do with my topic does it? It's like saying priests should stop molesting altar boys. Yeah they should but saying it is pretty *beep* pointless.

Keen wrote:Same here, all we're doing here is talking about a global problem, which is, players cheating in AE.

Except you weren't the discussion literally started with Swearengen accusing us of cheating because he lost.

Keen wrote: Ah wait, its not the same. We have proof, however we are not allowed to show it here and when we send it to support, it is ignored.

If you have proof of people cheating then report it and get the cheaters banned, simple as that.

Keen wrote:Ok, fine, nothing we can do about it. But why block people from discussing a major community/game problem? Whats the use of the forums, if not for discussions? Or is it censored, because its spreading bad name for AE? (if it is, then why dont you do it smth about it! and if it isnt, then whats the problem?)

The rule is there because threads like this always get derailed by butthurt losers that can't handle the fact that they lost on a spreadsheet game because they're bad so they just accuse the enemy of cheating. You are LITERALLY the reason why we have this rule.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Chesterton
Global Moderator

Postby Chesterton » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 18:33

Keen wrote:If i say that men need to stop cheating on their wives, am i accusing someone? No. Do we really have a proof of them cheating? No.

Same here, all we're doing here is talking about a global problem, which is, players cheating in AE. Ah wait, its not the same. We have proof, however we are not allowed to show it here and when we send it to support, it is ignored. Ok, fine, nothing we can do about it. But why block people from discussing a major community/game problem? Whats the use of the forums, if not for discussions? Or is it censored, because its spreading bad name for AE? (if it is, then why dont you do it smth about it! and if it isnt, then whats the problem?)

Look at the discussions in this thread and the others. Are the mentions of cheating in any way productive? Do they contribute anything besides a poorly disguised "NO U"? No. They degrade the quality of the discussion. Granted so do many other things but this in particular is also against the rules of the forum that you and everyone else agreed to.

It IS possible to discuss the rampant cheating in the game in a productive manner and within the forum rules, without using it as an excuse for failure or speculating about other players, but that is not what is happening here.

There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Forum rules
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 05:31

Wow
Now if the game admins ran a tight ship like the forum admins do
AE would be in better shape lmao

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 05:34

Chesterton wrote:That's enough. If you have proof that someone is cheating, take it to Support. Otherwise keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

It has been going on for a while without anyone stepping in, so I will not warn anyone right now, but any future accusations will be dealt with according to the forum rules.

Proof has been sent to the admins
And as usual they don't do nothing

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 06:34

swearengen wrote:And as usual they don't do nothing

So they have done something then? Well that's good.

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 07:51

Wlerin wrote:

If ya call doing nothing something then yes they did a while lot Wlerin lol

Hampster..
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Hampster.. » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 08:46

A long lot? Progressive.

I dislike living cuttlefish
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 11:16

swearengen wrote:
Chesterton wrote:That's enough. If you have proof that someone is cheating, take it to Support. Otherwise keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

It has been going on for a while without anyone stepping in, so I will not warn anyone right now, but any future accusations will be dealt with according to the forum rules.

If they didn't do anything it means your supposed evidence wasn't enough to constitute a ban.

You lost, get over it.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
Hardcore
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Hardcore » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 12:01

You lost GG

GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby GundamMerc » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 13:55

Well evidence doesn't do any good if ignored. So it could show exactly who did what when and how, but if no one looks at it then the evidence wasn't enough. Of course by your logic that would be the fault of the player who reported it, rather than the fault of the admin who was supposed to look at the evidence.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 14:01

swearengen wrote:
Wlerin wrote:

I'm just going by what you told me.

GundamMerc wrote:Well evidence doesn't do any good if ignored. So it could show exactly who did what when and how, but if no one looks at it then the evidence wasn't enough. Of course by your logic that would be the fault of the player who reported it, rather than the fault of the admin who was supposed to look at the evidence.

Right. Assume it was ignored rather than simply not enough. Sure. Except in my experience most players who complain about this (mainly the sore losers) have a way lower standard of proof than is at all reasonable.

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 14:06

FrostyGoblin wrote:
swearengen wrote:

If they didn't do anything it means your supposed evidence wasn't enough to constitute a ban.

You lost, get over it.

Yea cause you know for a fact they actually looked at it
You are such a tool lol

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 14:11

I mean heck according the tool

Nothing like that goes on in AE
So we all just wasting our time lol

GundamMerc
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: ANIME
F2.0: DiD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby GundamMerc » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 14:18

Wlerin wrote:
swearengen wrote:
Wlerin wrote:So they have done something then? Well that's good.

I'm just going by what you told me.

GundamMerc wrote:Well evidence doesn't do any good if ignored. So it could show exactly who did what when and how, but if no one looks at it then the evidence wasn't enough. Of course by your logic that would be the fault of the player who reported it, rather than the fault of the admin who was supposed to look at the evidence.

Right. Assume it was ignored rather than simply not enough. Sure. Except in my experience most players who complain about this (mainly the sore losers) have a way lower standard of proof than is at all reasonable.

Again, I never said that was the case here, just that FrostyGoblin is doing his usual things of making assumptions of what goes on rather than having a skeptical mindset. I don't think this was a case of the evidence being worthwhile either, but I'm not assuming that this is definitely the case when in fact I have no information on what was reported. Neither does Frosty for that matter.

Super Grover wrote:Alright you guys, who peed in the furfag's cheerios? :neutral2:

Return to “Frontier”