Occ freeing/theft the new "cool" in Rigel WTF

Watonga
Guild: U Should Know

Occ freeing/theft the new "cool" in Rigel WTF

Postby Watonga » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 03:03

What has happened to the game etiquette in Rigel ? :headshake: I know people guilty of eco crashing players by releasing occs in almost every guild including my own. It's true the high and mighty moralized ASAE guilty of a cheap trick.

I realize people are butt hurt about unfair odds, talks of cheating, multi's etc. the list goes on. In fact I kind of turned a blind eye to it myself until it has happened to me for the second time now.

As far as I am concerned this is a tactic reserved only for declarations of total attrition war. KOS kind of war.

If I am too old fashioned and this is now acceptable please make discussion of it here on the boards.

Watonga

Re: Occ freeing/theft the new "cool" in Rigel WTF

Postby Watonga » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 03:25

Just to be clear I'm not talking about freeing active guildmates (or even across guild lines) who are trying to mount their own defense. Nor am I talking about actives who got guild kicked for whatever reason. I'm talking about inactive over 40 days and UC farm occ's obviously.

Logans Run
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Logans Run » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 04:08

Oh lemme answer can i?
Nobody is gonna answer him anyways cus he did the Cardinal Sin of admit to playing on ASAE
(plus im around till sunday?)

Hey rookie. Nobody cries in baseball. That stuff happens and is part of a war game.
Some steal/free occs, but most don't.

Personally i have but 95% of the time i dont. Well..unless its early game then hell yeah..cus we fightn for this galaxy.

Anyways, sorry. Learn the ropes in asae then move on. Thats Seqi-whatervers job btw.
..like my Padres baseball team. ..farm league.

*oh and if i got it wrong on your team then..well that just goes out to all asae players.
...cus im here to help you. Ofc i care enough to belittle your team.

Nobody's Hero
Chasing reality

"Go fluff yourself, Mr. Quitboy"
-Black Widow
<3 u2 but life calls
Starlight Glimmer
Guild: PaL

Postby Starlight Glimmer » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 04:47

As far as I know, occ stealing/freeing is still not acceptable, but unfortunately some players (I won't name him) have no better way of coping with being farmed, so they resort to that, not knowing that it will only motivate the perma occs.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:39

These days the general attitude is that all guilds are at war by default. Unless you've got some kind of agreement with them assume they'll shoot you wherever they find you (including over occs). That said, individual attitudes vary and some players might not steal occs on principle, or because it's effort, or because they've no particular beef with you or your guild, or w/e. Just don't expect it as a general courtesy.

That said, if you're a farm, stealing occs is a great way to get yourself converted into a perma-farm. (This doesn't happen to ninjas because, well, the victims can't perma-farm them without going to war, and they're already in a state of cold war...)

You could try talking to the GM of the offending guild (or asking your diplo to do so), maybe they've a more traditional attitude about it. But otherwise you should probably guard your occs better.

edit:
Oh and, if you're in someone else's stronghold, imho you are the one stealing by holding occs :P

Watonga

Postby Watonga » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 14:49

Wlerin wrote:These days the general attitude is that all guilds are at war by default. Unless you've got some kind of agreement with them assume they'll shoot you wherever they find you (including over occs). That said, individual attitudes vary and some players might not steal occs on principle, or because it's effort, or because they've no particular beef with you or your guild, or w/e. Just don't expect it as a general courtesy.

That said, if you're a farm, stealing occs is a great way to get yourself converted into a perma-farm. (This doesn't happen to ninjas because, well, the victims can't perma-farm them without going to war, and they're already in a state of cold war...)

You could try talking to the GM of the offending guild (or asking your diplo to do so), maybe they've a more traditional attitude about it. But otherwise you should probably guard your occs better.

edit:
Oh and, if you're in someone else's stronghold, imho you are the one stealing by holding occs :P
That last little bit there. Forgot about the stronghold property entitlement deed. Yes I see that point but don't agree with it. If a particular guild wants to manage all of the property within their stronghold they have 40 + days to do so. After 40 days said property becomes free for all. Like I said game "etiquette". Of course in reality I suppose might makes right.

Good points though. REP.

MarvinTheMartian
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: RMIT+

Postby MarvinTheMartian » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 10:41

whats this 40 day nub stuffs?

If a guild allows another unpacted to hold occs in its home galaxy then they cant call it home

Also some people will scrape every last coin from a galaxy, 500 derbs on a glacier? hoover in a body warmer en route...

Watonga

Postby Watonga » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 04:39

MarvinTheMartian wrote:whats this 40 day nub stuffs?

If a guild allows another unpacted to hold occs in its home galaxy then they cant call it home

Also some people will scrape every last coin from a galaxy, 500 derbs on a glacier? hoover in a body warmer en route...
I'm just saying if its your home galaxy and its up for grabs then go get it. Don't let it sit forever, and then steal it when someone else comes along and thinks "well it's been inactive forever guess they don't want it"

Kinda a dirty trick to let a guy do the work break the defense, and then come in and steal it. Even if it is in your own back yard.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 08:37

Watonga wrote: Kinda a dirty trick to let a guy do the work break the defense, and then come in and steal it. Even if it is in your own back yard.
Then don't hit it at all

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)
Death Smurf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: MOJO (GM) - C (Retired)

Postby Death Smurf » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 15:14

Watonga wrote:
MarvinTheMartian wrote:whats this 40 day nub stuffs?

I'm just saying if its your home galaxy and its up for grabs then go get it. Don't let it sit forever, and then steal it when someone else comes along and thinks "well it's been inactive forever guess they don't want it"

Kinda a dirty trick to let a guy do the work break the defense, and then come in and steal it. Even if it is in your own back yard.
Even better when he's taken down a large fleet on his own, you know he's stepped away for a few moments and you manage to land and derb his fleet, before the tick and take his derbs, his fleet derbs, etc...

Oh that sweet, sweet, hate mail... and next time, perhaps, he will learn to look around when he lands.

Ceti Historian:
> The Ceti Historian
* Has received a R/L death threat about AE (gimme the e-tears!)
JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby JigokuShoujo » Sat 20 Aug, 2016 18:35

on ANY LoLserver, IF you are enemy guild ~ that is we are fight each other actively, i will hit ALL your occ's as destroy enemy economy is basic war 101.
only on Alpha server is this against "rules"

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 00:09

Crybaby.

/thread

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Watonga

Postby Watonga » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:40

MEH :clap: :bleh: You guys just want to hear a good rant. :naughty: Almost sucked me in.

Return to “Rigel”