K

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Parasitoid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: [Frank] xiaobai in distress?

Postby Parasitoid » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 01:46

He's still #1 in Fleet and Technology (but not in economy by a lot). He's #1 in experience after he killed all those multis that eventually got deleted by Cybertopia.

So how is he in distress?

This server is dead. Ruled by the zerg.

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 07:52

I feel life there's a lot of missing information here.

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Katara
Guild: B: FAIL
R:
A2: SMILE

Postby Katara » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 11:25

Parasitoid wrote:He's still #1 in Fleet and Technology (but not in economy by a lot). He's #1 in experience after he killed all those multis that eventually got deleted by Cybertopia.

So how is he in distress?

This server is dead. Ruled by the zerg.
You're on the right track.

They fed him 14 (fourteen) mobile fleets + 150 bases to pillage and occupy. That must have been a GIGANTIC pile of derbs/credits.
He built base 23 (cost: 104,857,600 credits), so that says a lot.

A smart player would have pillaged his capital or derbed his recs or report him. I don't have the fleet to do the pillaging
or the derbing (yet) so...

http://rigel.astroempires.com/terms.aspx?view=penalties
Last edited by Katara on Wed 12 Apr, 2017 21:27, edited 2 times in total.

Parasitoid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Parasitoid » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 17:50

Katara wrote: Mr PiPE here doesn't have a clue.
The only thing he's good in is being part of the "inner circle" as they call it and being fed EASY credits (no need to explain this one).

Being fed when they're hungry is how these so called "top players" roll. Helpless little babies is what they really are lol

Now about xiaobai.
They fed him 14 (fourteen) mobile fleets + 150 bases to pillage and occupy. That must have been a GIGANTIC pile of derbs/credits.
He built base 23, yes people base 23 (cost: 104,857,600 credits), so that says a lot.

A smart player would have pillaged his capital or derbed his recs or report him. I don't have the fleet to do the pillaging or the derbing (yet) so...

http://rigel.astroempires.com/terms.aspx?view=penalties

Just 14? Didn't he eat almost all of the CHILL multis? That's way more than 14. But good on you for finding how many bases he has. Spending time and money on a database for Rigel is just a sunk cost. So thank you for looking.

But I think these guys aren't playing the same AE you or I do. They're playing with a group of veteran AE players that have been around so long they've already experienced all of the styles of gameplay and are bored of it. So they exploit the new servers and try to see how far high they can build bases, fleet, and tech.

And you can see the effect these exploits have on the game. The entire server is just one big zerg and the player number is decreasing faster than even older servers than Rigel.

Logans Run
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Logans Run » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 08:38

Parasitoid wrote: ...And you can see the effect these exploits have on the game. The entire server is just one big zerg and the player number is decreasing faster than even older servers than Rigel.
When i was last in Rip i saw all the ticker hits. Was disgusting. Especially after reading your thread about chill.
Story time. Everyone likes a good story right?
Its about me (my favorite subject ofc) and how i found AE.
Was playing this other space game i cant recall name(but can come close)..and i know your not suppose to anyways..even thou its gone. (By my hands)

*try to be short here..but idc how long it is*
So im playing this game for a month or two. Met one good friend who i bring to Fenix server later.
He tells me of ONE guy who started dominating the game and he couldn't figure out why because he also paid into the game. And was really good.

Short of the long is, i found out the bug he was using. In the 'purchase fleet' box..area..thingy, i found that if you held the 9 key down and pressed purchase..it gave you free ships. Hard to explain.

I was in those forums a lil bit. I pm'd the mods..or coulda been dev's too as they seemed to have all answers.
I TOLD them i found the glithch how this guy cheats. (Side note: when you used it, it showed a negative mark by the "supossed" real money you spent)
I got nothing back from them. Soooo i used the cheat..took two days to kill him dead..then posted on the forums how to use the glitch.
3-5 days later..the makers posted that the game was for sale.
I especially loved how they said, "we've had offers in the past...blah blah.." whatever..i exposed your dumb***es.

I went looking for another..found AE..Fenix Server.
..Great fun back then. Player base in the 10k range and up.

Now? Im Sorry AE. Your just like that old game i left long ago. Im sure its difficult to combat cheating. But thats not ALL that killed your game.
Guild limits waaay too high. And also someone mentioned Wormholes killed it. Makes sense too.

Nobody's Hero
Chasing reality

"Go fluff yourself, Mr. Quitboy"
-Black Widow
<3 u2 but life calls
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 09:19

Logans Run wrote:Guild limits waaay too high. And also someone mentioned Wormholes killed it. Makes sense too.
Eh. I don't think guild limits are a problem. They certainly weren't "way too high" in the game's heyday, though now they might be a little.

Removing damage from wormholes was problematic, but I think clusterholds would have developed eventually anyway.

People complain now about Support not doing enough to combat cheating, and that's probably true, but in the past they've gone overboard, and that also hurt the community. Add to that very simple game mechanics (I would call them "pure" but in practice what this means is they're not very complicated) that haven't changed much since the game was released, and players who have learned to leverage every corner of those mechanics to maximum benefit... The fact that the game encourages you to wring every last credit out of your neighbours by making that the only alternative to slow hourly econ. Turning dead accounts into (temporary) econ boosts, giving yet another incentive to force players to quit. Massive fleets that take years to build, so players are reluctant to use them -- fleet maintenance was supposed to fix this but instead it just made losing hurt even more. Etc.

Katara
Guild: B: FAIL
R:
A2: SMILE

Postby Katara » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 15:48

xiaobai is OK!

He lost 150 occs but apparently kept his GIGANTIC pile of credits :cry:

The other way around would have been nicer.

Cougar Mommy
Guild: OMG-R.I.P-HN

Postby Cougar Mommy » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 00:46

I can't keep trax of what I got goin in one account...much less others: admins I do not multi or play other's accounts!

Logans Run
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Logans Run » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 01:04

Ofc you dont, sweetheart. This really isnt about you. ♡
Its about chill? No wai..its about me.
(Its always about me :shhh: )

Nobody's Hero
Chasing reality

"Go fluff yourself, Mr. Quitboy"
-Black Widow