Mayu makes debut & establishes a message theme

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Re: Mayu makes debut & establishes a message theme

Postby SEWI » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 17:09

anyone who makes substancial amounts of fleet before level 34 or so is waisitng a good acount to be build...

once all your bases are fully build out and research starts to take also 1000+h on a 6 linked bases researchlab...

you can queue all the fleet you want....wha else would you do with your creditz...you can spend it ONLY on fleet then...LOL

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 21:09

SEWI wrote:anyone who makes substancial amounts of fleet before level 34 or so is waisitng a good acount to be build...

once all your bases are fully build out and research starts to take also 1000+h on a 6 linked bases researchlab...

you can queue all the fleet you want....wha else would you do with your creditz...you can spend it ONLY on fleet then...LOL

Classic ASAE "wisdom".

You're only missing two small details: People who build "substantial amounts of fleet before level 34 or so" a) don't waste valuable con time building extra defeneses (and A/E/P to support those defenses) because they don't need to, and b) they turn that fleet into credits and thus keep all of their queues full instead of just kinda almost one. How you think either of those things "waste a good account" rather than boost a half-decent account into a great one I'll never understand. When ASAE leadership is this useless, no wonder their playerbase is often even worse.

xantonin wrote:You could be the most experienced player in AE but if you're not in the "club" you won't survive playing on your own in the same style as Mayu.

You won't survive playing on your own period, and you shouldn't try to. That said for at least the first few weeks it's pretty easy to farm the farmers on your own or with one or two skilled buddies. It only becomes difficult when gates go up, but if you've done well and you're not too attached to your current guild (the hardest part for me) you can probably convince the winning guild to take you in. Or find another guild on the server willing to take you in (either by restarting or relocating). ASAE is hardly your only option. It's not even a real option at all.

xantonin wrote:My point was that ASAE was born as a result of guilds like Mayu, and that point still stands. As far as expectations go around that; there were none. It was a blanket statement.

Conversely, guilds like ASAE are why it's so easy for guilds like Mayu to win.

xantonin wrote:I've no idea why you keep talking about fleets. Flying them around requires the same tactics in any galaxy, regardless of stronghold.

Except it doesn't. One of the major reasons strongholds exist is so the owners don't have to keep their fleets in the air 23/7.

xantonin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby xantonin » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 00:28

I got nothing - I agree completely. I think we're on the same page.

Although I could argue that even in a stronghold one should be careful but it's true you can worry less.

Also building only fleet as you mention works only when you have numbers on your side, which you sort of covered in the guild point.

Anyway, we can easily break this down to two playing styles and we can see the extremes in both ASAE and Mayu.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:11

Wlerin ninjaed me, asae is a symptom not the solution, i don't see them changing the game for strongholds except by nerfing to the ground potential good players from the beginning, choosing to never play the game instead of playing it for a month or two and win or lose. And yes fleet tactics are completely different, stronghold guilds don't have to fleetsave, if they do, then it means that the stronghold is kinda lost :p

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.

8-)
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 04:03

2 months have passed...you can now all safely delete your acounts.....LOL

CrazynTough Kiwi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: G2: Mayu
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby CrazynTough Kiwi » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 04:33

SEWI wrote:2 months have passed...you can now all safely delete your acounts.....LOL

2 months!?

AE Status: Zombie under the control of unknown entity.
hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:25

I feel i should let an advise here but i´m really confused in whether I advise Sewi to stop arguwing towards you guys , or if to advise the rest of people to stop trying to convince Sewi of how miserable ASAE is as a guild.

At this point who still insists and thinks it is possible to convince Sewi otherwise, is showing to be complitly crazy, and thus even the best arguments can not be taken seriously as it is comming from crazy people that apparently can not face the reality of the existence of incoherence in this world :lol:

join993

Postby join993 » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 13:46

CrazynTough Kiwi wrote:
SEWI wrote:2 months have passed...you can now all safely delete your acounts.....LOL

2 months!?

Considering how badly ASAE plays the game of AE, a purely mathematical game, I'm not surprised he can't count.

xantonin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby xantonin » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 20:01

naethel wrote:Wlerin ninjaed me, asae is a symptom not the solution, i don't see them changing the game for strongholds except by nerfing to the ground potential good players from the beginning, choosing to never play the game instead of playing it for a month or two and win or lose. And yes fleet tactics are completely different, stronghold guilds don't have to fleetsave, if they do, then it means that the stronghold is kinda lost :p

So... if I follow along with you...

ASAE is the symptom. Mayu is the problem? :think:

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 21:29

The main problem is that the game, and the most effective strategies for playing the game (a direct outflow of the game's mechanics) don't encourage long term play. I think most of us would have just as much if not more fun with resetting servers of 6-12 months duration (with maybe 3~ going at once), instead of these slow spirals of death. Alpha could stay its own thing since the player-compact overrules the mechanics (though it's in a death spiral now too simply due to age).

ASAE can hoo and hah all it likes but at the end of the day SEWI's playstyle is extremely suboptimal for the game as it now exists.

Multis are a huge problem too but I think that has more to do with the declining playerbase and the need for targets if there is to be any point in playing. New NPCs might help alleviate that a bit and also take the heat off of new players, but I dunno.

xantonin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby xantonin » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 22:03

Wlerin wrote:The main problem is that the game, and the most effective strategies for playing the game (a direct outflow of the game's mechanics) don't encourage long term play. I think most of us would have just as much if not more fun with resetting servers of 6-12 months duration (with maybe 3~ going at once), instead of these slow spirals of death. Alpha could stay its own thing since the player-compact overrules the mechanics (though it's in a death spiral now too simply due to age).

ASAE can hoo and hah all it likes but at the end of the day SEWI's playstyle is extremely suboptimal for the game as it now exists.

Multis are a huge problem too but I think that has more to do with the declining playerbase and the need for targets if there is to be any point in playing. New NPCs might help alleviate that a bit and also take the heat off of new players, but I dunno.

On the flip side, multis also cause more players to want to quit... But I agree, NPC's would be nice. You'd think with each new server spin that they could implement new features each time and make each server different in some way...

As for the pace of the game, it definitely provides an advantage to aggressive players earlier in the server, and a regular spin up would be nice (what happened to the rapid server thing? I missed when that was done), but honestly the game is designed to benefit long term play and get people to commit to it, while rewarding the more active players.

VaporT

Postby VaporT » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 23:24

Where do new players learn how to play this game past the "guide" level? We are 6 players with more coming from a different game. Maybe we should join another guild to learn? Or maybe we just learn the hard way?

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 00:30

In mayu you would learn enough... but they are already the strongest guild in the server... they dont need more people lol

there is this small guild in the G10´s http://gaia.astroempires.com/guild.aspx?guild=22 ... i dont know who they are , but they have a very nice eco and fleet averages, and since its only an 18 players guild, you guys wont be overloaded with too much advises, and they probably know what they are doing... I am not sure if they are willing to accept and teach new players though, or if they are really trustworthy on what they are doing, i am just guiding by the ranks average... but first you would have to talk to their GM http://gaia.astroempires.com/profile.aspx?player=48

maybe someone has a better advise though...

sorry to GS if you dont wish this kind of stuff... you guys just seemed the best option...

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 01:04

my Alpha acount is doing just fine....just as my gaia acount...there is no diference in the ASAEverse...

besides...its all about fun....isnt it????

believe me...we have LOADZ of fun on our boards....

[/quote]
Yeah people get very upset when they get their fleets derbed by asae
[/quote]
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:39

hideAndSeek wrote:In mayu you would learn enough... but they are already the strongest guild in the server... they dont need more people lol

there is this small guild in the G10´s http://gaia.astroempires.com/guild.aspx?guild=22 ... i dont know who they are , but they have a very nice eco and fleet averages, and since its only an 18 players guild, you guys wont be overloaded with too much advises, and they probably know what they are doing... I am not sure if they are willing to accept and teach new players though, or if they are really trustworthy on what they are doing, i am just guiding by the ranks average... but first you would have to talk to their GM http://gaia.astroempires.com/profile.aspx?player=48

maybe someone has a better advise though...

sorry to GS if you dont wish this kind of stuff... you guys just seemed the best option...

The blog I wrote has compiled the best guides. Includes quasar, lite reborn and judicator as contributors. It also has backstage views of the workings of guilds back some time ago, useful for real examples

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis

Return to “Gaia”