Postby Burgess » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 19:00

What spec is frosty again?

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Re: An Open Letter To Gaia

Postby SilverKnight » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 19:42

Burgess wrote:What spec is frosty again?
Rainbow.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 23:00

A very interesting news turn of events from Frosty, thank you for more information on Mayu and their intentions to subjugate the server. There is a lot of tinder here that I can work with and build upon.

Most of the thread turned out to be cancer; to name a few of the exceptions, Cyberoptics added new knowledge (from the reader's perspective) on some of the who is who game, while Quakey and SK whom I respect both commented that "dead server is dead" in varying forms of that basic statement.

Now in real news casting (journalism has become a maligned word and a maligned industry, rightly so) we know that it is good to ask fair but tough questions. This is not *my* opinion per se, but it speaks to what I think is a very common perception or reputation, the word on the street as they say.

My question then, for Mayu's people who handle the media, is this: how would you respond to the following statement? The statement is that many Gaia citizens believe that Mayu party (also known as fka's cool kids table) get their thrills (fun) by ruining a game that they profess to love, including the use of "shady" tactics, which ultimately accelerates the "dead game is dead" criticism while forcing out* of the game countless many non-elite players.

*(ragequit, sadquit, honorquit, lazequit, those are probably the big 4 most common types of quit that I see often)

Again, that is not my opinion really, it is just the sense that I get from the word of the street that many people including small folks and common folks express that sentiment or something very similar to it. I would also be interested in a comment from ASAE or KAOS leaders, given that they represent non-elite guilds who represent non-elite players. I don't say that (non-elite/non-elitist) as a prejorative, it is merely an accurate description of the role that these guilds play in the larger fabric of AE's now smallest server by population ever.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 23:19

We had hoped that there would be more people playing obviously. In regards to us using "Shady tactics" I would prefer if you went more into specifics. Wholistically I would say that we are no more shady then any other clusterleading guild that has played this game, and if anything we are very transparent since we have disclosed our pacts aka no pacts.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire
SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 00:07

It is pretty transparent really. We expect to be hated.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Postby Pinochle » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 02:46

FrostyGoblin wrote:Hello Gaia, [Mayu] here.

As you may notice we are quite big and scary. Don't worry however, as we are giving you a head start on the mass recruiting and pacting. We aren't going to pact any of you. You can all pact each other. It doesn't matter, we will win.

So if the teens prepact of SYN/Belwar could just merge already, you'd probably have more leverage to absorb bad guilds. I also recommend that you start talking to Traveler over in 20's as VuDu seems to be the only thing up there.

Please mount some form of resistance, I'd prefer it if this wasn't too easy of a server.

Yours Truly,

Server Overlords.
How long is the head start?

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 03:37

yeh, the 20´s... with the stream going only on G23, is going to be the decisive cluster of Gaia lol
just quit this server and let it for ASAE, UFP and "one that was in mira but i cant remenber the name"..
they´ll make an alpha server out of this.. probably the best thing it can happen to it.. lol 8-)

Maddie03
Guild: left all servers except lol-Gaia

Postby Maddie03 » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 08:58

I'm in a galaxy with basically no-one, we have a small guild of 6 lol and the galaxy is empty. There is no reason whatsoever to zerg up to try to fight Mayu. Unfortunately in this server it has so few people that 88 people are more then enough to win. I can understand Mayu wanting some form of opposition but to be honest you would have more of a fight on your hands if you had half of those numbers and you still will probably win. From our position in G19 with nothing here, if you want to send 6 Mayu people up we will give you a go, although you are way ahead in fleet, by the time you did get up here we might actually match those that launched lol.
I'm just saying I doubt there is any serious opposition to your 88 members even if it was unintentional when you did pre-plan. You might have to rethink how you want to play the server. The worst thing would be for some excited people to think for a second they could zerg enough to compete.
just my two cents.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 09:08

if people just streamlined, galaxies would open faster

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 09:29

SilverKnight wrote:if people just streamlined, galaxies would open faster
what people? do you think there is still someone waiting for the 30´s to open?? hehe
there are no more people for this server haha
Last edited by hideAndSeek on Wed 06 Jul, 2016 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 09:51

let it go , let it go... i dont want to deviate the topic... i erased my question from the post... think it was EA, but...

so yeh Frosty, destroy everything.. come to the 20´s, i´m sure you´ll get lots of prings to chew...

TheRealTraveler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheRealTraveler » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 09:52

SouthOnFir3 wrote:Your anus is going to be the real traveler ; )
I don't blame you. I'd screw me too if I could 8-)

fkabnk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby fkabnk » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 10:27

Maddie03 wrote:I'm in a galaxy with basically no-one, we have a small guild of 6 lol and the galaxy is empty. There is no reason whatsoever to zerg up to try to fight Mayu. Unfortunately in this server it has so few people that 88 people are more then enough to win. I can understand Mayu wanting some form of opposition but to be honest you would have more of a fight on your hands if you had half of those numbers and you still will probably win. From our position in G19 with nothing here, if you want to send 6 Mayu people up we will give you a go, although you are way ahead in fleet, by the time you did get up here we might actually match those that launched lol.
I'm just saying I doubt there is any serious opposition to your 88 members even if it was unintentional when you did pre-plan. You might have to rethink how you want to play the server. The worst thing would be for some excited people to think for a second they could zerg enough to compete.
just my two cents.
There are enough people, SYN/Belwar's preplan alone has 70 people, the upper 00s has 150 people between the 3 big guilds located there. The 20s has 150 people between vudu and SS. Even 00 has like 30 people, they decided to fight eachother before we go kill them tho.

"Lettuce is just like simming you either love it or hate it me being a turtle i love it >.>"

- AggressiveTurtle
Grapefruit

Postby Grapefruit » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 19:19

Who are SYN?

The Real HellsFire

Did have an account dating back to 2009.. but its nowhere to be found :S :(
FrostyGoblin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: sIMPire
Galaxy: Omega

Postby FrostyGoblin » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 19:50

Grapefruit wrote:Who are SYN?
Why are you even pretending that you don't know who they are when you have played with them multiple times?

Congratulations on making yourself look like an idiot. Classic SYN behavior.

Also I'm gonna leave these screenshots here if you want to pretend you're not Hellsfire either for some reason.

Retired servers: N: WTF?, O: sIMPire, P: Royal, A2: xoxo, B2: Ayy, C2: LEWD!, Q: YURI!, D2: LF, E2: 3SUM, F2: PPD, R: Frank, G2: Mayu, H2: STARK, I2: CQC, S: SMUG! | Forced Labour: J2: KS, K2: FTW
Cyber villain extraordinaire

Return to “Gaia”