Our Solar System

Place here your own AE fanwork (banners, logos, ship images, etc).
Trigger73
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Trigger73 » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 16:19

Eris isn't a planet. It's a dwarf Planet so don't bother with it unless you include Pluto and Ceres as well ( though I don't think Ceres should be classed as one since it is within the Asteriod Belt).

Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 16:39

Frutol wrote:
Sinner_D wrote:Damn Ory...your the man, where did you find this information?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
He is an Alien.
Really he is.
Solarian wrote:PLUTO ISN'T A PLANET!
how many times do i have to say i'm an AI!???

Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 16:40

Trigger73 wrote:Eris isn't a planet. It's a dwarf Planet so don't bother with it unless you include Pluto and Ceres as well ( though I don't think Ceres should be classed as one since it is within the Asteriod Belt).
hmm, good point... :lolol:

don't get pluto involved in this mess, Sinner... >_<

flame1396
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby flame1396 » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 16:47

Oh.... the asteroid belt will be a lot of work....

Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 20:47

flame1396 wrote:Oh.... the asteroid belt will be a lot of work....
what?
a bunch or rocks flying around? easy...

Jabba the Hutt
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [CHAOS]

Postby Jabba the Hutt » Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:23

good luck with the project man...

glad you are doing it and not me :D

Frutol
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frutol » Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:56

Ory'Hara wrote: what?
a bunch or rocks flying around? easy...
A bunch of rocks in HD interacting with each other.
It will not be that easy.
And see the amount of rocks he will have to do.

http://ubuntued.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flame1396
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby flame1396 » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:15

It would be cool if you could do (or get someone else to do) an application that allows the user to explore the model you're making. Like a free roaming thing.

Sinner_D
Guild: (e)- SHLD- RageX- OO- SHLD-
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Sinner_D » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:32

one step at a time there flame ;)

and yes the asteroid belt will be a rather LARGE part of the project as it will be a major bog on render times what with the 10s of millions of asteroids im going to have to generate. no worries though ive got tricks up my sleeve that will help with that :D i have yet to even add that into the mix well due to my unknowlege of its details, and the fact that its shear ammout of objects would bog my project down, so the asteroid belt will probabley be a near to last thing on my list. always save the best for last huh :twisted:

well i already put pluto into the mix, my major problem with leaving this out is based on the movie, i still havent setup a timeline of how the movie is going to pan out, but you know if like i desided to do something involving pluto that would really suck if i earlier desided to leave it out, so my main downfall is basically whats going to be displayed in the movie, so until i get a better grip on what the movie will follow, im pretty much doing every possible step i can involving everything i know of so that nothing that i eventually want is left out, and deleting unwanted stuff later will be far easier then adding it in later.

oh yah another note on the asteroid belt...anyone got any details on that? uhh radius, depth of the belts field, rotational speeds, i doubt it but approx number of asteroids...start counting ory :P

btw still on vacation, planning on being back sometime around the 7th of august, and then ill take a bit of a hietis from this project and get a few other things that i put off put to rest. perfectionist and compulsive worker...not a very good mix for someone who wants to get a break...lol but i guess thats why lazyness and percrastination were put into the mix too :twisted:

aight guys, well i really appreciate the help and the enthusiasm...hopefully i will beable to get something put together, maybe a lil preview sometime shortly after i get back from vacation

Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:12

Sinner_D wrote:one step at a time there flame ;)

and yes the asteroid belt will be a rather LARGE part of the project as it will be a major bog on render times what with the 10s of millions of asteroids im going to have to generate. no worries though ive got tricks up my sleeve that will help with that :D i have yet to even add that into the mix well due to my unknowlege of its details, and the fact that its shear ammout of objects would bog my project down, so the asteroid belt will probabley be a near to last thing on my list. always save the best for last huh :twisted:

well i already put pluto into the mix, my major problem with leaving this out is based on the movie, i still havent setup a timeline of how the movie is going to pan out, but you know if like i desided to do something involving pluto that would really suck if i earlier desided to leave it out, so my main downfall is basically whats going to be displayed in the movie, so until i get a better grip on what the movie will follow, im pretty much doing every possible step i can involving everything i know of so that nothing that i eventually want is left out, and deleting unwanted stuff later will be far easier then adding it in later.

oh yah another note on the asteroid belt...anyone got any details on that? uhh radius, depth of the belts field, rotational speeds, i doubt it but approx number of asteroids...start counting ory :P

btw still on vacation, planning on being back sometime around the 7th of august, and then ill take a bit of a hietis from this project and get a few other things that i put off put to rest. perfectionist and compulsive worker...not a very good mix for someone who wants to get a break...lol but i guess thats why lazyness and percrastination were put into the mix too :twisted:

aight guys, well i really appreciate the help and the enthusiasm...hopefully i will beable to get something put together, maybe a lil preview sometime shortly after i get back from vacation
sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt.............. >_<

right, i'm on it...

Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:19

here:

Code: Select all

A survey in the infrared wavelengths shows that the main belt has 700,000 to 1.7 million asteroids with a diameter of 1 km or more.

Over 200 of the asteroids in the belt are larger than 100 km. The biggest asteroid belt member, and the only dwarf planet found there, is Ceres. The total mass of the Asteroid belt is estimated to be 3.0-3.6×1021 kilograms, which is 4% of the Earth's Moon. Of that total mass, one-third is accounted for by Ceres alone. The four largest asteroids (if Ceres is included) contain almost half the total mass within the main belt.

The center of mass of the asteroid belt occurs at an orbital radius of 2.8 A.U. The large majority of the asteroids within the main belt have orbital eccentricities of less than 0.4, and an inclination of less than 30°. The orbital distribution of the asteroids peak at an eccentricity of around 0.07 and an inclination of under 4°.

Sometimes, the term main belt is used to refer only to the more compact "core" region where the greatest concentration of bodies is found.
Have fun making 1.7 million rocks... :roll:

Tayles
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Tayles » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:36

Ory'Hara wrote:

:shhh: it's a secret...

i have my sources... :wink:
Any Secondary School Science book
Ory'Hara wrote:
Sinner_D wrote:well since your sources are secret...i want all moons within our solar system.

mercury has 0
venus 0
earth 1
mars 2
jupiter 63
saturn 59
uranus 27
neptune 13
pluto 3

so... you still want to keep your sources secret? :bumping:

also there apears to be an additional planet i didnt know about until now, however what i did findout about it didnt tell me where this planet is...its called Eris and it also has 1 moon...supposedly discovered in 2005 possible 10th planet...where the hell have i been...lol
:shock:
you're gonna gimme a handfull on this one... 10th planet? nah, i think it was an asteroid or something... i'll look into it.
10th planet is planet X, scientists still debating about its size as it is smaller than pluto.
Sinner_D wrote:oh fine, i see how it is :P

ok 1) just to clarify on mercury ~0.01 thats negative degrees correct?

and 2) do you have this info for the moons in our solar system too? :D
~ actually means 'around' in estimation terms,

so its around 0.01 degrees

___

Just thought id clear some things up

NeVeR FoRgEt
Rabid Parrots wrote:inb4tayleswins
Edwin wrote:Sister.

Incest ftw.
Ory'Hara
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ory'Hara » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 12:16

Tayles wrote:
Ory'Hara wrote:

:shhh: it's a secret...

i have my sources... :wink:
Any Secondary School Science book
Ory'Hara wrote:
Sinner_D wrote:well since your sources are secret...i want all moons within our solar system.

mercury has 0
venus 0
earth 1
mars 2
jupiter 63
saturn 59
uranus 27
neptune 13
pluto 3

so... you still want to keep your sources secret? :bumping:

also there apears to be an additional planet i didnt know about until now, however what i did findout about it didnt tell me where this planet is...its called Eris and it also has 1 moon...supposedly discovered in 2005 possible 10th planet...where the hell have i been...lol
:shock:
you're gonna gimme a handfull on this one... 10th planet? nah, i think it was an asteroid or something... i'll look into it.
10th planet is planet X, scientists still debating about its size as it is smaller than pluto.
Sinner_D wrote:oh fine, i see how it is :P

ok 1) just to clarify on mercury ~0.01 thats negative degrees correct?

and 2) do you have this info for the moons in our solar system too? :D
~ actually means 'around' in estimation terms,

so its around 0.01 degrees

___

Just thought id clear some things up
my sources will remain a secret, but it's not books, so :bleh:

the whole 10th planet thing was decided to be an asteroid and was left at that, so should Sinner... i think...

and i allready said that ~0.01 is what you said... :/

Sinner_D
Guild: (e)- SHLD- RageX- OO- SHLD-
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Sinner_D » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:21

ok ok ok dont get your panties in a twist ory :P

thanks for the "clarifications" tayler. but my question is how could an object with a determinable orbit be considered an asteroid, thats like the primary determination for a planet, asteroids travel in an ununiform manner...stupid scientists :lolol:

no worries about the 700k-1.7mil asteroids...its called cloning :D i can take 1 object and turn it into 700,000 objects of the same or similiar shape/size/etc. in about 2 seconds :twisted: my major worry is the ammount of cloned objects is going to and i hate to use the pun, but astronomically increase the ammount of time it takes to render the frames...so, im definately saving that for nearly last.

if your sources are books, none the less...im too lazy to read a book, so your secrets are safe ory :P

Benupia

Postby Benupia » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 04:17

If and when you complete this, you could probably send it to NASA or something, or some other government space administration...

Proconsul to the Senate of Galaxy A09

If you look really closely, this is what you'll see on my planets!

I SURVIVED THE ALPHA SERVER CRASH OF '08!

Return to “Fanwork”