Postby Hardcore » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 14:24

Gamblor my old friend say it ain't so.

Pinochle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Homeless

Re: Worth returning?

Postby Pinochle » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 15:21

I Like you gamblor. Don't do it. Let's play chess instead.

Gamblor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H:RD
J:1st
K:DDoS
L:BRO
N:BRONY
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Gamblor » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 18:15

Lol, but all the cool kids are doing it.

armenia4ever wrote:Guilds can say no to BRO, but they better be prepared to deal with the consequences of that answer
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 17:23

If you change your name to gambler, you may return.
Kthnx.

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe

There's no shame in the self pleasure game
BEER MAN

Postby BEER MAN » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 17:36

xantonin wrote:
Opizze wrote:
xantonin wrote:There needs to be an experimental server, but there won't be, so not worth returning IMO.

But for what kind of experiments?

Absolutely anything.

The thought in regards to avoiding any updates is because it will upset the super dooper "balance" of the game. So then have them done in an experimental area and see what happens - let the players adapt to the changes.

The forum users here need to experiment with dropping acid and then post. Sort of like Mr. Pipe when he posts, you know he's tripping or just plain drunk.

Burgess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Burgess » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 12:03

So are there actually ppl who plan on playing the new server? I might give it a go if it at least has the possibility of being a little entertaining.. I'd like to join a group, not planning on going random/solo. So friends hit me up, here or on skype. Cheers!

Nvek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Hydra: [S.T]

Postby Nvek » Fri 16 Dec, 2016 22:54

Burgess wrote:So are there actually ppl who plan on playing the new server? I might give it a go if it at least has the possibility of being a little entertaining.. I'd like to join a group, not planning on going random/solo. So friends hit me up, here or on skype. Cheers!

Not sure if it has a possibility of becoming entertaining, the player numbers are falling with each server.
Basically now it is first weeks are entertaining.. well a little and after that everybody just gets ready for the big crash between the only 2 big alliances.. this happens around the time the next server starts.
One side wins and farms the other into eternity, the farmed quit, and the farmers slowly dwindle into inactivity untill their accounts are allso deleted, basically the server dies (slowly).

I first started playing this game on Delta, then when the Alpha A50s opened I took a group from delta to play there, that gave me insight into a server that was very different.
I took a leave from AE for a couple of years and came back and played the new servers.
Now I just started a new account on Alpha and I have to say I have had a lot more fun there than on the new servers... good targets laying around everywhere, got 11 bases in 7 days.
And there still are friends from my old group that came to A50s 8 years ago, that is not true for any other server and just proves that Alpha is not only fun for a new account but allso the only server that is worth the effort for a longer period of time.

If on the other hand you prefer a new server with lots of cheating, just 2 blocks and way fewer targets.. then by all means go for the new server.

Alpha: [BORG]Nvek of Romulus Delta: [GRITS]Romulus (retired)Fenix: [RSE]Nvek of Romulus (retired) Quantum [ITS]Nvek of Romulus(retired) Drako: [FOX]Bill O'Reilly(retired) Hydra: [ST]Woof
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Mr PiPE » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 00:31

BEER MAN wrote:Sort of like Mr. Pipe when he posts, you know he's tripping or just plain drunk.

This is an accurate assumption. Mostly just drunk.

Igor
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Igor » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 16:14

:paranoid:

I'm sorry, English isn't my first language.
B R A Z I L
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 16:21

Someone should try reviving epsi tbh. Given how many clusters that server has...

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: Worth reviving epsi?

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 03:26

This has 4.7% of my interest

Nvek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nvek » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 13:52

Wlerin wrote:Someone should try reviving epsi tbh. Given how many clusters that server has...

I have to agree with Pipe on this one, I don´t see how that would be possible.

10 years of progress in the gaming world has made this game outdated and that means an overall decline in players on all servers.
If there is going to be a revival of the older servers it only stands a chance if it is focused on just 1 server, yes Epsilon does have the most galaxies, but compared to Alpha that is really the only advantage it has.

The problem right now is that the few new players that do find their way to AE start on the newest server, thinking that there they will have the greatest chance at success, whilst this in fact isnt the case.
Player strategies have allso become more proffessional through the years and the new server is now just a highly competitive match over which group of veterans can win the server, any new players get farmed out and leave the game disappointed.

What I think should be done is that the newer servers should be advertised for what they are, a highly active place for players that allready now how to play.
Instead of releasing a new server in 3 months time they should postpone it to 6 months and add another cluster to Alpha in 3 months, see how that works out, it´s worth a try.
Won´t this lead to the same farming out seen on newer servers?
No I dont think so, I was GM of what was probably the only attempt at a clusterguild on Alpha back when the A50s opened, the guilds that start in such a new cluster will have to deal with pressure from the older guilds/accounts, which means that things like perma farming will cause an outrage.. and some time after movement into the new cluster is no longer restricted they will merge with older guilds/become part of the existing power blocks.

Alpha: [BORG]Nvek of Romulus Delta: [GRITS]Romulus (retired)Fenix: [RSE]Nvek of Romulus (retired) Quantum [ITS]Nvek of Romulus(retired) Drako: [FOX]Bill O'Reilly(retired) Hydra: [ST]Woof
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 17:38

Nvek wrote:I have to agree with Pipe...

I'm not sure you fully understand what you are doing.

Nvek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Nvek » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 17:50

Wlerin wrote:
Nvek wrote:I have to agree with Pipe...

I'm not sure you fully understand what you are doing.

Haha I know its bizarre isnt it... especially considering I havent even started drinking today yet..

Which reminds me.. need to go to the liquor store,

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 20:47

Or see a psychiatrist.

Return to “Hydra”