A newbs idea..

Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

A newbs idea..

Postby Logans Run » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 14:35

Some guy from another space game im helping to train here said this..
kralgar
Why have this game so many useless planets ?? (was just thinking abt the NON rock/met/crater/crystal planets)

the others could have other kind of benefits like defence bounus, better sci output or just anything

Thought that was..inspiring to see fresh minds think on this game. Ofc lolfatchanceinHell it goes anywhere. Still..

Retired
Chasing reality
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: A newbs idea..

Postby Mr PiPE » Thu 26 Jan, 2017 02:41

Everybody knows gaias are epic. Just stop. You're trying to kill this game.
#sarcasm

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe

There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Thu 26 Jan, 2017 09:04

There's been a *lot* of proposals along those lines on the "feature request" part of the forum. There's a lot of reasons, both good and bad, as to why none of the suggestions were ever implemented.

There is another game (idk the name anymore and its a yellow to mention names of other games anyway) that implemented a lot of the ideas. The problem then imo, is that the game becomes more technically complicated and takes a lot more time to "play" and thus leaving less time to bs in chat and the boards (which is, imo, the real good part of the game.) And it could be that AE's player base, at its height, owed a lot to the game having very simple mechanics and a lot of colorful characters that made it "politically" interesting.

(All the same, I'd still love to have Gaia planets to have a wicked research bonus and also be relatively rare, so that there's something else that people fight over early server ;) ... hmm... even though I totally lag in tech by a huge margin, I'd still go after the gaia anyway :P )

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:34

Sarah-bunny wrote:The problem then imo, is that the game becomes more technically complicated and takes a lot more time to "play" and thus leaving less time to bs in chat and the boards (which is, imo, the real good part of the game.)

That and jokes so..

+1 its why im still here.
..and plus +1 to pipe because sarcasm always wins points.

Retired
Chasing reality
SpriteX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SpriteX » Tue 31 Jan, 2017 21:12

Sarah-bunny wrote:And it could be that AE's player base, at its height, owed a lot to the game having very simple mechanics and a lot of colorful characters that made it "politically" interesting.

OHAI THERE :dance: :dance:

SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 20:30

Mr PiPE wrote:Everybody knows gaias are epic. Just stop. You're trying to kill this game.
#sarcasm

we are considering a new ASAE rule....only take Glacial planets in 3th position and build a minimal of 6 Prings, all to be done before the zergs declare the server dead.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Mr PiPE » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 20:35

You'll never get that done by day 9.

Btw, have we established what the E stands for in asae yet? Figured I'd wait a couple months before raising this question again.

SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 04:14

All
Servers
Accounts
Empires

its also:

ASAE - Autoridade de Segurança Alimentar e Económica
in portugal

we like to be in the news....:)

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Mr PiPE » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 04:21

You just yanked that one out of your arse.
I'll go with it.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 07:57

Nah, they've spelled it out as All Servers Accounts Empires for a long time, maybe since they started. The real question is what the second A stands for, because Accounts makes no bloody sense.

TheHolyEmperor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheHolyEmperor » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 17:05

I love using big toxic planets as research bases, since its for research the +3 metal bonus is not much required, besides theres gas+4 :whisle:
Personaly i think the only useless planets are arids& vulcanics. (Tried to find something good about them but nothing)
The only times these type of planets are usefull is when they are the only available ones on a region of a single system.
-I like to think that all my metalics where once beautifull planets who are now just huge monster industrial planets-

Wlerin wrote:Nah, they've spelled it out as All Servers Accounts Empires for a long time, maybe since they started. The real question is what the second A stands for, because Accounts makes no bloody sense.

All Servers All Accounts?

This pretty much has some fail history, i knew of some portuguese players who after the "All your base are belong to us" got popular, started to try other things too. (It was a trend for portuguese players to create guilds/clans/alliance with strange names like these, mostly on browser rts games)

/closed :ban:
Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Mr PiPE » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 03:40

Best research planets are rockies.
Best eco base is a rocky.
Best prod base is a rocky.
Rockies are life.
Life are rockies.
Respect.

And...you're Portuguese aren't you sewi?

Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 12:40

SpriteX wrote:
Sarah-bunny wrote:And it could be that AE's player base, at its height, owed a lot to the game having very simple mechanics and a lot of colorful characters that made it "politically" interesting.

OHAI THERE :dance: :dance:

I hope you're back after a break... we both needed to be done with this game for awhile :scared: lol hope you're doing well :)

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game

FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 14:43

TheHolyEmperor wrote:I love using big toxic planets as research bases, since its for research the +3 metal bonus is not much required, besides theres gas+4

Metal +3 helps with construction too, and you'll need that on those high level labs. What you don't need on lab bases is ... energy.

Toxics also only have 4 fertility, which hurts lab bases since you need more total Area and Population. They do have more Area than a Rocky, but it's the same as a Gaia (6 fert) and less than Arid and Tundra (5 fert).

Really the only reason to build on a Toxic is if there aren't any rockies available, and you need the extra energy for something (e.g. gates, though gl building high level gates without metal 3).

TheHolyEmperor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheHolyEmperor » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 15:39

Wlerin wrote:Metal +3 helps with construction too, and you'll need that on those high level labs. What you don't need on lab bases is ... energy.

Toxics also only have 4 fertility, which hurts lab bases since you need more total Area and Population. They do have more Area than a Rocky, but it's the same as a Gaia (6 fert) and less than Arid and Tundra (5 fert).

Really the only reason to build on a Toxic is if there aren't any rockies available, and you need the extra energy for something (e.g. gates, though gl building high level gates without metal 3).

True, but without the extra energy you will depend on expensive mid&late energy buildings and will use more pop for low energy buildings at the start, you can always use the extra energy, after all ,a lab always needs the basic, shipyards, defence, NA, AF, EC, SP.
The max ill build in a research base is a lvl 3 gate.
Last thing i worry about is pop, as it will always be only 1 pop at a time while the energy is required on large quantidies.

Its just a preference overrall.
Having extra options help on filling regions and i personaly either prefer to use +3 metal for fleet production bases or give it to a guildie who will do it so.

/closed :ban:

Return to “Iridium”