Zero Hour

Role-playing only. No out-of-character posts.

Moderator: Role-Play Moderator

Wulf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Galaxy: Andromeda

Zero Hour

Postby Wulf » Tue 08 Jul, 2014 19:50

New Sera, Vyria
1300 Hours

The city streets lay below me, stretching outwards in all directions in a glittering grid of skyscrapers. Sunlight reflected off of windows and people went about their day, hustling and bustling in an endless tide. The wind shifted my fur ever-so-slightly. The anemometer attached to my rifle processed the input: five kilometers per hour to the northwest. I made the necessary adjustments to my aim, shifting my scope ever so slightly to the right. If I had a lasrifle, the wind wouldn't have provided any issues, but the problem with lasers is that it's remarkably simple to trace one back to a point of origin. Technology's fun like that. I packed a sliver gun instead; a bit tricky to handle due to ballistics, but a hell of a lot more discreet.

My target stood on the top of a building a few blocks down from the one I was perched on, sipping a beverage and walking barefoot in a rooftop garden. He was a Vao, one of the scaly green aliens from over in the Teya System. He looked extremely calm and collected for a wanted criminal and dangerous bioterrorist responsible for about three thousand deaths.

A few months back, this guy, Krigor Hua, let loose a weaponized plague on one of the border planets. It was very hush-hush, of course, and hard as hell to pin back on him, but he made a pretty bad mistake; his attack was possible due to his kidnapping of a Shar'ri scientist implanted with a tracker, and we didn't take too kindly to one of our own people getting nabbed and forced to pervert science quite like that. After some significant detective work, my coworkers and I were able to track him to Vyria, a pretty big trading hub, and bam, cue me up on a rooftop aiming a gun at Mr. Scales from Teya.

The comm unit implanted in my ear beeped twice, indicating the go-ahead. I took a last minute look at my instruments and made tiny adjustments to my aim. Exhaling slowly, I squeezed the trigger. The sliver gun chuffed and kicked against my shoulder as it fired. Hua jerked and fell, and I noted with satisfaction that the sliver hadn't exited the far side of his skull. He was down and done; hard to get up with four inches of hardened ceramic stake lodged in your brain case.

I stood up and disassembled the gun, placing it in my pack with the rest of my gear. Searching the immediate area, I noted with satisfaction that I hadn't left a trace, at least visibly. Jogging to the other side of the roof, I hopped onto my skimmer, powering it up. It was a cakewalk to slink off of the roof and slip down into aerial traffic, headed towards the outskirts to meet up with my handler. Just another day at the office.

Guilty Spark wrote:Martial Arts? Dude, your country practically has 'two for the price of one' gun sales

Return to “Role-Play”