the RP Anatomy of your race

Role-playing only. No out-of-character posts.

Moderator: Role-Play Moderator

Raptor Man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Location: Roaming inside a electric fenced in enclosure waiting for the power to turn off so I can bust out.

Re: the RP Anatomy of your race

Postby Raptor Man » Wed 12 Aug, 2009 16:14

Can I get opinions on this?

Species- Vord Duha

Subspecies- Worm
structure- small 4 inches long
blood- green
mouth- large encompassing the entire tip of the body. It is similar to a drill and can drill through armor given enough time
nature- parasitic they get inside a host and then take control of the hosts body. They can take control of animals easily the more intelligent a creature the more difficult it is for them to take over. A human has a chance to not be taken over but not a great chance.
strength- weak stepping on one can kill it.

Subspecies- Trahd
Structure- resembles a 5 foot tall worm with arms and legs
Arms- 2 arms with 10 fingered hands. Each finger has a long claw at the end of it. The arms also have a long spine at the elbow joint that they use to stab things with.
Legs- 2 legs. Each end in a large foot without toes. The foot has a large spike on each end.
Information- They are capable of withstanding several bullet hits and can grow back arms legs and body sections that are damaged or destroyed. There is a 1 to 1000 ratio of them to worms.

Subspecies- Overlord
Structure- Massive bloated worm.
Brain- Nearly all of the overlord is a massive brain that is spread out through its body. They have extremely powerful psionics though they rarely have need of them.
Information- The overlords are incredibly intelligent and control the other Vord Duha through neural links. They give birth to the other vord through the laying of enormous clutches of eggs. These eggs are laid in chambers that encompass much of entire worlds and so are only laid on worlds the Vord control. The overlords are incredibly rare normally there are only 1 or 2 in a colony, world or fleet.

Weapons-
The Vord use mainly chemical weapons examples being acid guns and other chemical weapons.

The worms after taking control of a host figure out by trial and error how to use the weapons that host possesses.

Vord Overlord Ship
borg-queen-ship.jpg

Vord Wormer
ferengi-marauder-top-t.jpg
ferengi-marauder-top-t.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 1895 times

Trahd carrier
dkora-beauty-t.jpg
dkora-beauty-t.jpg (9.66 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
Last edited by Raptor Man on Wed 12 Aug, 2009 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Hivelord
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Juno

Postby Hivelord » Wed 12 Aug, 2009 17:25

Looks cool to me go for it and use it in something.

Take the word of one immortal
DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Helion

Postby DarkMirror » Wed 12 Aug, 2009 18:15

OOC wrote:Damn it, now I remembered an awesome picture of a monster from D&D and feel the need to make a copycat worm species. Sorry dude, probably won't even use them in any RPs, so don't worry about me joining with my version in an RP where you're using yours or anything.

Then again, they're fairly different, so we'll see.

Annelid Vir

Introduction
The Annelid Vir are a species of overly large, biologically primitive creatures with traits of both worms and leeches. They are, however, surprisingly advanced, and their technology easily matches that of the species they took to the stars with.

Biology
  • Origins: Their home world was, until fairly recently, a primordial soup of swamps and steaming oceans, situated close to their star and home to many similar, evolutionarily simple species. The Annelid Vir rose to dominance through vastly superior brainpower, rapidly introducing industrialization and manufactoring to their culture's capabilities and reaching to the stars.
  • Dimensions: Annelid Vir stand between 200-300 centimetres tall, leaning towards the taller scale on average. They weigh quite a bit, with dense muscles and cartilage holding them together and bringing their weight to roughly 100-120 kilograms.
  • Physical Appearance: Annelid Vir Are long, segmented, and flexible, with skin ranging from pink to light brown. They bear a striking resemblance to a large worm or leech, differing primarily in that they have a pair of arms around two thirds their total body length and a pair of stubby legs. Their head is mostly featureless save for a large, open mouth ringed by short tentacles, leading into a tooth-lined gullet. Their hands are similar, but rather than mouths they house three long, flexible fingers.
  • Senses: While not easily noticeable, Annelid Vis do have eyes, and their entire body functions as a sensory organ for the purpose of detecting vibrations and sounds. Their eyesight is, however, poor.
  • Reproduction: Annelid Vis are hermaphrodites, and reproduce at a rapid pace, with newborn wyrmlings reaching maturity in just four years.

Culture
Annelid Vis are tireless workers, and their brain chemistry does not require them to sleep (though they do have an aversion towards light, and prefer to work outside during the night). They have no family ties, instead treating everyone on roughly equal terms. They wholeheartedly believe that they can best better their society and species as a whole by serving as unfaltering cogs in the machine, raising themselves far above their primitive roots.

Their industrial capacity is massive, though it still mostly relies on manual labour and very low safety standards for their workers. Assembly workers are known to be chopped up, crushed, burned, or otherwise fatally injured on a regular basis.

Military
Their military relies on massive numbers and efficient machinery and equipment, making good use of mechanized forces and cheap, reliable weaponry. Their chain of command is fluid and designed quite specifically with their high mortality rate in mind.

"Standard" equipment generally consists of flak armour and a needle driver.

Images
ImageImageImage

I am the laughing man at the side of your bed who extends his hand
I tell you I'll make you smile
I lurch over you and cough up black bile
Ender Wiggin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Ender Wiggin » Fri 21 Aug, 2009 23:49

Bump.

This can't get deleted.

DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby DarkMirror » Sat 22 Aug, 2009 22:57

--- Thrall-Leech ---

Overview:
The species known as the "Thrall-Leech" is an odd one. They are spread across the galaxy, scattered upon hundreds (if not thousands) of planets, carried on the backs of the civilizations they have encountered in the forgotten ages long past. While parasitic in nature, they are also highly intelligent and easily adapt to societies they find themselves inside. While they themselves have no civilization (due to their dependence on others for their life cycle), they are intelligent and very capable of learning to utilize the technology and resources of others.

Appearance: Like a strange combination of leech, eel, and centipede, with a long, smooth tail which splits into three lengths roughly three-quarters of the way along. The remaining portion is covered in centipede-like legs. Their tail leads into a humanoid torso, which has four arms and a leech-like head. One pair of arms ends in long, thin hands, while the other splits at the elbow into two bunches of three tentacles each. They are covered in bony plates and fins, with a set of hinged ones covering their head in a long, triangular "hood".

This appearance can vary, however, with variant proportions depending on what their host creature looked like.

Life Cycle: Thrall-Leeches have a fairly unique life cycle. They will implant a host with an embryo, which once matured takes root inside the host creature and slowly forces mutations and growth, overwriting their DNA with it's own. Eventually, after about a year, the host will be for all purposes a fully matured Thrall-Leech. A Thrall-Leech can live up to roughly two hundred years.

Racial Memory: Thrall-Leeches inherit both a good deal of memories from their host and a far-reaching racial memory, giving them a great ability to adapt to their curtrent cultural surroundings.

Culture: In an odd twist for a creature such as they, Thrall-Leeches are generally unwilling to implant a non-willing host. They inherit many of their parent host's social constraints and guidelines, and as such do their very best to follow them inside the culture they find themselves in, often finding hosts in the ranks of the suicidal looking for companionship in their last moments or radical xeno-benevolent.

DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby DarkMirror » Wed 26 Aug, 2009 10:40

--- Bone Wyrms ---

ImageImage

Overview:
Bone Wyrms are highly intelligent hive creatures which live in vast deserts on their home world. They are split into three separate castes (the Wyrm, the Myrmidon, and the Wyrmling), each serving a separate purpose and life cycle. The smaller two castes actually live inside the body of the largest, and form entire communities within.

• Wyrms:
    Bone Wyrms are massive, centipede-like creatures stretching up to a kilometre in length and two hundred metres in hight. They are covered in thick, bony plates from tip to tail, arrayed in rings and scales to allow a great deal of flexibility. Their head is covered by a massive, beak-like shell, with four slits that house their eyes. Near the hed sprout two large bone fins, giving it an overhead profile vaguely reminiscent of a trilobite. Their backs are covered in large, jagged spines, which along with more fleshy passages within are riddled with tunnels and chambers for the other two castes to inhabit.

Wyrms also have a special chamber near their brain that serves as a form of "port", which a Myrmidon can access and receive direct information from, seeing what the Wyrm sees and feeling what the Wyrm feels. It can also be used to send information the other way, and give the Wyrm advice.
  • Myrmidon:
    The Myrmidon resembles a Wyrm that has taken to only it's rear legs and is lacking the many legs along it's front half, replacing them with a pair of arms, and differ in that they have less spine-mounted spikes and only one pair of eyes as well. They stand roughly three to four metres tall, and their bone "helm" has a jaw, allowing them to speak.

Myrmidons are the leaders and directors of a Bone Wyrm hive, relaying orders from the Wyrm itself to the Wyrmlings, dealing with other hives, and are roughly as intelligent as a human.
  • Wyrmling:
    Wyrmlings are the smallest and least intelligent of the castes in a hive, and look like smaller, weaker versions of the Myrmidons, though lacking the trilobite-like fins. They too stand upright with an 'S'-like profile, and have longer, less numerous legs than the Wyrms. They are generally stand anywhere from one to one-and-a-half metres tall.

Wyrmlings are the workers and warriors of the hive, helping to rid the Wyrm of parasites, keep the passages clean, create the burrows in the spines, and generally do the work for the hive. They aren't very intelligent, and can barely speak.

Life Cycle:
Bone Wyrms are hermaphrodites, and have several levels of reproduction. A Wyrm will lay eggs containing Myrmidons and, rarely, other Wyrms. Myrmidons in turn lay eggs that give birth to Wyrmlings. Should the Wyrm die, a Wyrmling will burrow into it's brain, which triggers a radical new direction of growth in the Wyrmling and causes it to grow into a full-fledged Wyrm.

Bone Wyrm hives often fight each other, and the loser is killed, then ripped apart by the victor's Wyrmlings and has it's bones formed into armour for the survivor.

DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby DarkMirror » Wed 02 Sep, 2009 22:17

~ Speculum Visio ~

Overview:
The Speculum Visio, otherwise known as "face stealers" or "snatchers of likeness", are a species which has adapted to be adept mimics and infiltraitors among humanoid species, combining great intelligence and biological tricks to get much closer to prey than they otherwise could.

Physical Appearance:
They are roughly the same size as most humanoids, around five to six feet tall on average. They have smooth, black skin similar to a leeches, sharp talons on both their feet and larger pair of arms, and the ability to compress themselves a great deal, going so far as to retract their claws and compress their larger arms inside. Their mouths are very wide, filled with short, sharp teeth and with a long, forked wormlike tongue.

Abilities:
Speculum have a great deal of biological tricks to allow them to blend in. The most obvious is their ability to wear the skins of other humanoids almost seamlessly. Their skin is covered in microscopic barbs, similar to those that deliver the sting of a jellyfish. These barbs allow them to part the skin of other creatures without tearing it by simply pushing aside the opposing cells. Using this, they can remove the skin of another creature quite smoothly. Once that's done, they will compress their bodies and worm their way inside, using the same barbs to fit the skin snugly around themselves. The jaw is animated with the help of a false jaw and their tongues, and the voice replicated with parrot-like vocal chords and a great deal of (imperfect, but very close) extrapolation. The disguise is not perfect, but can often pass at a glance or even general inspection. Another ability used to pacify prey is a complex and unique organ which produces low-frequency noises, undetectable on a concious level for many species. These sounds can be modulated a number of ways and are designed to invoke anything from simple unease to petrifying dread in those who sound them.

Life Cycle:
Speculum have a great deal more males than females, and the females of a pack often take the position of leader. Their pregnancy lasts roughly four months, and the child grows quickly, reaching maturity in about four years.

DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby DarkMirror » Thu 03 Sep, 2009 17:58

[OOC]And another one... though this one is more a fantasy-ish one.[/OOC]

= Wraithborne =

General Description:
Wraithborne easily resemble normal people, save for one detail. Behind them hangs a shifting, humanoid cloud of energies, tied to them and attached by chains of similar energy. This cloud often appears as a somewhat exaggerated, gaunt figure like a skeleton. It is gaseous but dense enough to be almost a liquid, and occasionally seems to have a mind of it's own.

This is actually an important part of them, and is an aspect of their "lifeforce" or "soul", drawing energy from the surroundings to give the Wraithborne sustenance. As such, the air around one often feels colder.

Wraithborne may learn to focus their "soul" in many different ways, such as manifesting and focusing the energy it draws or using it's abilities to increase their own strength or lift heavy objects, or to draw it around themselves as a form of protection. It often acts of the Wraithborne's own subconscious, however, and as such can often seem to be sentient in it's own right.

Science Fiction Additions:
Because of the energy-based nature of the field that maintains a Wraithborne's spirit, they are vulnerable to EMP-based effects, and can often disrupt electronics themselves.

starz48
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: guild? Guild!? GUILD!!?

Postby starz48 » Fri 04 Sep, 2009 01:13

=GDF=

Galaxy Defence Force

Species: Human

Intergrated computer systems, advanced body armour (pressurized, ability to function in space).

The Galaxy Defence Force is an oppresive totalitarian regime that will stop at nothing to see its enemies and any alien races crushed beneath the weight of their galaxy-spanning empire.

DarkMirror
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby DarkMirror » Sun 06 Sep, 2009 03:17

Nightmares

Nightmares are a parasitic monster. Their larva grow in the skull of a host, inducing traumatic, violent dreams. Eventually, generally around the time the host begins to appear outwardly sick, they manifest and grow inside until they fill much of the body. At this point, they manifest during the host's sleep cycle and reach talons, wings, and claws out of the body, covering it in a thick black sludge that makes the host appear almost like a living shadow. Until the host awakens, they control the body and dictate it's actions. Once they have woken up, the traits disappear as the nightmare folds itself back inside.

Guilty Spark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Guilty Spark » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 19:52

Code: Select all

Encrypted medical data, security clearance required: Officer level
Entry written by: Dr Henry Langford

The Viridis Obligate Parasite

The Viridis Obligate Parasite (VOP) is, in layman's terms, a virus. In it's most basic and ultimately inert form (Stage 1) it exists as most viral particles do, a small string of genetic material wrapped in a protein coat and crystaline shell. In this form it is both highly transmissable and highly resistant to adverse environmental conditions, even surviving in a complete vacuum.

Stage 1

Whilst the Stage 1 particles can be tranfered in a variety of ways, the most common is through the respiratory tract, this is likely because most organisms possess such a structure. From this point VOP behaves in a similar fashion to most other viruses, using it's host's resources to replicate itself rapidly and in large numbers. However, that is where the similarities end. VOP, unlike all other viruses, leaves the infected cell via a non destructive form of viral 'budding'. However, before the viral particles exit the cell they rewrite it's genetic material and cause it to produce chloroplasts[Research is currently ongoing into whether these are exactly the same to the chloroplasts found in plants]. From this point on the infected host seems to be drawn to intense sources of light [See VOP Clinical Trial #23 for more details], this makes sense considering they are now capable of photosynthesis. However, it seems unlikely that the host possesses any of their original sentience at this point, suggesting that the virus takes control of neural functions too[Research ongoing into this matter].

All these biological changes are required for Stage 1's over all goal. Incubation. Research into this matter [See VOP Clinical Trial #36] reveals that about 2 weeks after initial infection the host will have produced a small parasite, about the size of 11 week old human fetus. This parasite will then attach itself to the stomach wall in anticipation of Stage 2 and 3. If the host is still conscious at this point they would be in excruciating pain.

Stage 2

Stage 2, a fairly brief stage, usually occurs around 3-4 weeks after infection, at this stage many of the body's cells have undergone Apoptosis (Cell Death). This wide spread necrosis coupled with the green tinge from the choloplasts gives a subject at Stage 2 a very distinctive look [See attached video]. At this point the primary host will, not of thier own accord, begin to hunt for a secondary host. When this replacement host has been found, the parasite will detatch from the stomach wall in preparation for Stage 3.

Stage 3

Stage 3, the final stage of the VOP life cycle, occurs when a Stage 2 subject can successfully transfer it's parasite to a new host. This transfer must be performed orally, meaning the primary host will vomit the parasite into the mouth of the secondary host. An unusual method of infection, yes, but given the size of the parasite involved, this would seem to be the only method possible. The primary host will die shortly after this process.[Video Available, Top level security clearance required].

Once inside the new host the parasite quickly latches onto the brain stem using small tendrils, it then quickly assumes total control of it's new host. After this, the infected subject will be almost indistinguishable from an uninfected subject. It's only distinguishing feature is that it will periodically unleash small 'clouds' of Stage 1 VOP particles, usually though coughing or sneezing. Though, these particles are undetectable to normal human senses.

EDIT: Fixed a whole bunch of typos
Last edited by Guilty Spark on Wed 02 Dec, 2009 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

>2011
brian 333

Postby brian 333 » Wed 09 Sep, 2009 08:30

Amoeboids

Discription: Generally 1m to 3m spheriod in shape, the Amoeboid can extend psudopods from it's body and manipulate objects with a good degree of dexterity. It has no permanent limbs but is covered with sparse bristles between 1 cm and 2 cm in length. It's outer integument is somewhat irregular in texture, but dry and rubbery to the touch. There are no discernable openings, but the outer integument is translucent revealing several clusters of dull-colored shapes within the mostly clear fluid that is the greatest part of it's volume.

It's method of locomotion is generally to roll and, though it may take time to get up to speed, it can move as fast as 15 km/h. Naturally, it moves faster downhill, but can effectively roll up a grade as steep as 30 degrees. For steeper grades it must extend psudopods and either drag itself or to flow it's body into the tip of the pseudopod. Using this method, one may ooze through a hole no larger than coin of a very low value.

Physiology: The Amoeboid is a unicellular life form. It's outer integument is also it's digestive organ, and it forms pockets around any captured food, (lesser life-forms of similar physiology or masses of vegetable matter,) while the cillia, or bristle-like hairs penetrate the material, injecting it with digestive enzymes which break the food into useable components capable of absorption into the Ameoboid's body.
Specialized cillia have taste-sensors which also form it's sense of smell, neither of which are particularly powerful by human standards.
The cillia also act as vibration sensors which may be sensitive enough to detect frequencies of up to 16,000 hz and as low as 4hz, but which cannot detect any sound quieter than 2 or 3 db. They are not subject to discomfort in high-noise environments until the sound becomes so intense it damages matter.
It's outer integument is extremely sensitive to touch, being able to discern objects as small as 2 micrometers in size.
Several organells within the body are sensitive to light, but it's visual acuity is limited to light-and-shadow patterns. It has no ability to 'blink' and can 'see' in all directions simultaneously.

The Amoeboid reproduces through fission. Generally it may fission every twenty or thirty years, but this is determined more by it's diet than age.

The amoeboid is ideally suited to life on small rocky worlds with methane atmospheres, but so long as methane is available in quantities of at least 1l per day the Amoeboid can maintain a pocket to carry the necessary gas in virtually any environment.

Though Amoeboids can survive total vacuum, in temperatures below -40C they become dormant, while at temperatures in excess of 80C they die due to the coagulation of their internal fluids. At temperatures below -40 they do not metabolize, because their internal fluids freeze. If they are thawed slowly they revive apparently unharmed.

Culture: Amoeboids have no discernable culture because they are, in effect, a single entity. When two amoeboids meet they extend pseudopods to each other which exchange some of the creature's internal fluids, within which are protien structures of amazing complexity. These protiens are the base of the creature's memory, and with each transmission the entity 'remembers' all that the donor remembers. They are unable to distinguish between the memories of others and their own personal memory.

Upon meeting other cultures of intelligent beings, the Amoeboids avidly began to adopt such things as technology and language; however, they have no natural sound-generating organ. Though quick to copy other races, they are difficult to individually test for intelligence. A single Amoeboid can operate independantly, but few choose to do so for any long period of time.

Canadian Bacon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: A: [ABD]

Postby Canadian Bacon » Mon 14 Sep, 2009 23:36

Subject: Baconeasians
Skeleton: Highly adapted for hand to hand combat, and high gravity pressures
Skin: pasty grey(like dead flesh) to a orange-green mix
Looks: Similar to humans with an average height of 7ft 6in.
Eyes: Grey and black
Mind: Highly evolved but cannot use mind powers
Muscular System: About 12x that of an Average human female
Blood: purple
Hands: Similar to a human hand with the exception of a thumb. has a large claw in its place
Feet:Again, similar to Humans, except they do not have any toes, and the bottom their feet are covered in a hard horse hoof type material.
Hearing: About 4x that of humans
Sight is the equivalent to the humans. Can be altered with enhancing ocular implants.
Smelling: 6x worse than humans. Baconeasians rely mostly on there sight and hearing.

Alpha: [«ABD»] GOD

My loud retardedness actually DOES reflect upon the Views and opinions of my guild only when stated in each post.

Now Good day, sir!
Ender Wiggin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Ender Wiggin » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 01:44

Bump, too awesome to go out.

Return to “Role-Play”