nutsacks
38%

Total votes: 16
The_General

Re: is there any hope left for kepler?

Postby The_General » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 02:54

One Lazy Titan wrote:
The_General wrote:
One Lazy Titan wrote:ackchually this will make the owners happy , one less server to pay maint for

Obviously you don't have a clue when it comes to AE, if the owners wanted to reduce how much they are paying for servers then they would shut down older servers that have been dead for years now but they don't.

I find your comment completely uninformed and stupid.

then why did wizard admit they will reduce the number of new servers per year and put instead the holidays offer , if the servers weren't a liability then they would have added a new server + the offer to milk the most out of it

AbeTeddy said "Let's all mass delete"

You said "ackchually this will make the owners happy , one less server to pay maint for"

I pointed out that you don't have a clue when it comes to AE because it wouldn't matter if everyone mass deleted as to my knowledge the devs have never shut down a server, even Ares although not a live server, is still running, in fact I created an account on it recently. So the idea that everyone mass deleting would make the owners happy is wrong because they would still be paying for the server as I have pointed out as they don't shut down servers.

Now to address your response to my initial response, even though it had no relevance to what I was talking about.

Believe it or not, AE use to have holiday offers I remember back in 2012/2013 you got given a code for a free one month upgrade at Christmas time.

Secondly, servers didn't use to be as frequent as the last few servers:
Nova Opened - 1888 days ago
Omega Opened - 1713 days ago
Difference - 175 days a.k.a 6 months

Pegasus Opened - 1538 days ago
Difference - 175 days a.k.a 6 months

Now let's look at the latest servers:
Hydra Opened - 495 days ago
Iridium - 411 days ago
Difference - 84 days a.k.a less than 3 months

Jade Opened - 215 days ago
Kepler Opened - 124 days ago
Difference - 91 days a.k.a 3 months

Reducing the server frequency is simply going back to what servers use to be like and guess what servers lasted longer back then.

No in regard to your final statement, why should they add a new server and kill as far as I can tell a still fairly active server in Kepler? Makes no sense, they should wait several more months before even considering a new server.

Respect. Somewhere along the line, someone changed the meaning of the word. You earn respect now through power, fear, money, violence. Standing up for what is right, no matter what, that's respect. Helping those in need, that's respect.
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 04:43

Every server after Juno was put out fairly quick. (Compared to Juno and pre-Juno)
At least i think so. ..im old. But i seem to recall playing juno about a year plus and no servers in-between that time was released. (Think)
AND i was a tad late to it.
Once kappa came out, servers were fairly rapid-fire compared to pre-kappa.

Try that math. ..how long between some old servers. Im kinda busy. My new hobby is watching all the GTA video fails/funny clips on youtube.
Swear some of them bring a tear to the eye, you laugh so hard

So my point is..Greed came around Kappa era for some reason.

Retired
Chasing reality
The_General

Postby The_General » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 05:40

Logans Run wrote:Every server after Juno was put out fairly quick. (Compared to Juno and pre-Juno)
At least i think so. ..im old. But i seem to recall playing juno about a year plus and no servers in-between that time was released. (Think)
AND i was a tad late to it.
Once kappa came out, servers were fairly rapid-fire compared to pre-kappa.

Try that math. ..how long between some old servers. Im kinda busy. My new hobby is watching all the GTA video fails/funny clips on youtube.
Swear some of them bring a tear to the eye, you laugh so hard

So my point is..Greed came around Kappa era for some reason.

Doing some quick calculations, it seems for the majority of servers until recently, it was 6 months between servers. Difference between Juno and Kappa seems to be the highest difference (according to quick calculations) with 224 days. But the rest of the servers have been the standard 6 month difference, I think the main difference is that servers lasted longer back then even when a new server came out, I remember playing Nova for a couple of years after it came out and at that point Omega, Pegasus and other servers were out.

I am curious as to whether the higher difference represents AE potentially at its peak? Before my time so I cannot say for sure.

I personally watch Achievement Hunter channel called Let's Play, some of their GTA stuff is also hilarious.

Respect. Somewhere along the line, someone changed the meaning of the word. You earn respect now through power, fear, money, violence. Standing up for what is right, no matter what, that's respect. Helping those in need, that's respect.
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Logans Run » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 01:55

The_General wrote:I am curious as to whether the higher difference represents AE potentially at its peak? Before my time so I cannot say for sure.

When i joined Juno, which i was late, we had roughly 10,500 users..if memory serves.
I started Kappa but could not stay long. But i think that start was about 7-8k.

So yeah, i would say that was the start of the slide.
I played Fenix but i cant recall those numbers. I didnt care as i was newb then..just tring to survive.

Retired
Chasing reality
One Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Postby One Lazy Titan » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 22:58

i dont care for my knowledge about the game
IF we assumed that abeteddy call was correct and all the 2000 players deleted , then server players = 0 , so logically the server will be deleted because there are no players in it
it doesnt need all these calculations , it needs common sense and to not make assumptions of the meaning

We have stood strong before mightier golems than what you think you are .... what makes you think you're special ?
Throw as many fleets as you want on us , you will only get headache and a crawl back to the hole you came from
The_General

Postby The_General » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 16:23

That is exactly your problem, your playing a game and spouting your uninformed opinions all over the place and you don't even care to learn about some of the history of the game.

I have already pointed out that, the logic that the server will be deleted is wrong through my Ares example but allow me to explain it again and hopefully you will manage to grasp the concept this time.

Ares currently has accounts registered to it and you can create a new account on it HOWEVER no-one is playing it, when you create an account you can't do anything so that is the equivalent to everyone mass deleting since in both situations no-one is playing the server. Ares as I have already said has not been deleted, this proves that even when no-one is playing a server that it would remain open.

The idea that everyone would delete is also a false one, as not everyone who has an account on the server is currently active, this means that there would be some inactive players who would not delete, there would also be players like ASAE who refuse to delete so server population would not equal 0. As I have already pointed out, even if server population is 0 like Ares, the server does not get deleted.

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts. Perhaps try backing up some of your opinions with evidence some time.

SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 15:39

Short answer....last man standing....ASAE....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 15:45

SUE WEE ... SUE WEE ... SUE WEE ... stop that.

I've personally accomplished the spaying of TWO mods who tried to mess with my TT. ANY MORE CANDIDATES!?
One Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Postby One Lazy Titan » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 23:35

Its called a hypothesis for a reason , i did not say mass quit , i said mass delete
this means that there are no registered accounts , its not possible but its a what if scenario for *beep* and giggles
you cannot prove it with your facts because it never happened , it never will , and by all logic, if there are no registered accounts then the server is as good as closed so yeah by logic it should be closed
it was just a joke that you took way seriously because you got butthurt from a 5 month old newbie because hes joking around

We have stood strong before mightier golems than what you think you are .... what makes you think you're special ?
Throw as many fleets as you want on us , you will only get headache and a crawl back to the hole you came from
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 23:35

SEWI wrote:Short answer....last man standing....ASAE....

where are u the last man standing????

And even if you were ever the last man standing
ya still arent 1st lmao
says quite alot about your style of game play

SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 23:53

Your logic is flawless like alwayz ... lol

swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 00:05

SEWI wrote:Your logic is flawless like alwayz ... lol

And your intelligence is lacking like always

B4 i forget thanks for that lil fleet you left sitting on a base on Gaia

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 03:00

Kepler = POS server
... I have spoken.

I've personally accomplished the spaying of TWO mods who tried to mess with my TT. ANY MORE CANDIDATES!?
SEWI
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SEWI » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 03:09

Uncle Ben wrote:Kepler = POS server
... I have spoken.

R U going to delete already?

aint you going to wait for next server open at least?

Defensive Force
Player [BmF] Swearengen lvl 61.82
Fleet Name Fleet 1616

Attack Force
Unit Start Quant. End Quant. Power Armour Shield
Fighters 2580 0 10.29 4.7 0

Defensive Force
Unit Start Quant. End Quant. Power Armour Shield
Fighters 51858 49834 4.5 4.6 0
Recycler 12500 10476 4.5 4.6 0
Ion Frigate 12985 12748 25.9 27.6 1.8

Total cost of units destroyed: 112180 ( Attacker: 12900 ; Defender: 99280 )
Experience: ( Attacker: +6759 ; Defender: +3862 )
New debris in space: 58592

keep up the good work feeding ASAE...we love you too...

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Uncle Ben » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 03:15

Dude, friend, fella, srsly now. One day, you're gonna be old af, and you're gonna see that light at the end of the tunnel, and I swear on my dead doggies urn that you're p much going to soil yourself as then, and only then, will you finally realize: "My time on this earth is limited, and there IS such a thing as a waste of time. WTF have I done with my life." It's gonna be scary Sewi. It's not a nice way to go.

Return to “Kepler”