HOORAY!

Forum for trash talk, flaming, spam and any non relevant discussion. Basically you can talk about anything you want as long as you don't resort to insults or offenses. This forum has a low moderation level so enter at your own risk!

Moderator: Sobek

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HOORAY!

Postby Winchester » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 05:31

Rule One: Treat everyone except for those you reasonably know for certain are not idiots with a healthy dose of disdain. Getting buddy-buddy with idiots makes you an idiot by association, while remaining snarky and capable of throwing a few well-aimed barbs at social outcasts makes you cool.

Rule Two: Master the art of the quip. Learn it. Breathe it. Drink it. Live it. The quip is your weapon when you want to get your name into a thread, but there either isn't anything worth discussing/that you are capable of discussing or else the thread is infested with idiots.

Rule Three: Only textwall when you have something intelligent and relevant to say. Few things turn people off as fast as an irrelevant block of text. Don't believe me? Search Silver Surfer's posts.

Rule Four: Leave the crazy at the door. Avoid ALL CAPS, excessive YouTube links, emoticons, txtspeak, colors, and failed attempts to quote people. Furthermore, use passable spelling and grammar. Do not use the enter key as a replacement for punctuation. Know the most common spelling/grammar mistakes (their/they're/there, for example) and be careful to avoid them. Try to sound like you graduated middle school.

Rule Five: Memes, except for when used sparingly and snarkily, make you look like an idiot. Don't use them. The one possible exception is forum-specific memes, but only if they are text only, and not images.

Rule Six: Do not fanboy, roleplay tard, or treat the internet as serious business. You are not Master Chief. *beep* off.

Rule Seven: If you have nothing witty, intelligent, or relevant to add to a thread, do not post.

Rule Eight: There is no honor on the internet. Deal with it, or get out.

Rule Nine: Do not attempt to shock people by being racist, crude, inflammatory, etc. It just makes you look like an uneducated imbecile.

Rule Ten: If you are going to troll, do it right. Don't pretend to be an idiot; don't gloat; don't ever break character; don't claim that anyone got trolled/that you are a troll; don't think that excessive = better; don't think that annoying someone = trolling someone; etc.
Last edited by Winchester on Thu 22 Oct, 2015 02:32, edited 2 times in total.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: How to Forum: Ten Rules for Success

Postby ViG90 » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 07:56

you should have just said

"/newfag trap

GTFO"

and been done with it.

1st rule of TT for newfags: GTFO
2nd rule of TT for newfags: if you are to not going to GTFO, then lurk moar
3rd rule of TT for newfags: dont post until you learn how and if you dont, dont get butthurt when you get stomped on/learn from your mistakes
4th rule for newfags: dont ever ask if you are still a newfag. you are! when this changes you will be told
5th rule for newfags: if you fail to meet with any of the above rules and catch the attention of certain TT members for constant painful newfaggoty, please fight back when flamed and trolled to ensure you will join the long line of those that were exiled from TT with their tail between their legs

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ViG90 » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 07:59

although Rib, you are trying to make better posters out of these new newfags/multis and your heart is in the right place. you are more into reform and i am more of the death penalty supporting type lol

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
Goter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: In one of them.
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Goter » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 12:42

I'm spectacular at giving examples of what not to do, but this time I should just reference my posts for the baseline between acceptable and annoying. Only thing that bothers me is the Off-Game threads in Trash Talk, Ribbentrop. This is a forum-wide way of improving everyone's posting.

Need a new quote.
canshow
Banned
Banned
Guild: A: MaY
I: Pr0n

Postby canshow » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 12:43

Eh, this is not your best piece of work Rib.

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 13:05

Ribbentrop wrote:Rule Six: Do not fanboy, roleplay tard, or treat the internet as serious business. You are not Master Chief. *beep* off.

I would like to move for an amendment for Rule six.

Fendillius claus:
If you do roleplay, make sure it is with dedication and is likeable.
Everyone loves AEs little Orc

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Tank666
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: USSV
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Tank666 » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 19:52

the powers that be have stickied it. been a while

insert funny punchline here. cos i wont
Goter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Goter » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 22:11

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:
Ribbentrop wrote:Rule Six: Do not fanboy, roleplay tard, or treat the internet as serious business. You are not Master Chief. *beep* off.

I would like to move for an amendment for Rule six.

Fendillius claus:
If you do roleplay, make sure it is with dedication and is likeable.
Everyone loves AEs little Orc

Rule 6; Section B - Article 1: Appreciation for Role-play posts varies to the section of the forums you post in. Refrain from posting in a thread filled with people that do not enjoy the work or Role-play in general. Instead you at least post the story in a proper section of the forums. Role-play, although discouraged, helps the poster communicate better with increasing their vocabulary, description, and person-to-person talk. Please. At least have a grasp of the English language before attempting to write a Role-play situation though, posters may degrade your capabilities if you do not properly execute a decent story.

Need a new quote.
canshow
Banned
Banned

Postby canshow » Wed 04 Apr, 2012 22:46

Sorry, but all the "intelligent" people are already successful at foruming.

There is no point in these ten rules, considering the majority of the people here will not follow them, because we are retarded individuals that lack the capacity to change and adapt to that change. And this includes following other people's advise.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 02:56

My approval/disapproval has change the posting behavior of others before. Just saying.

But in any case, I didn't intend for this to be stickied. I just felt like writing it.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Goter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Goter » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 12:44

Ribbentrop wrote:My approval/disapproval has change the posting behavior of others before. Just saying.

That, and most of us are not anywhere near done with their education. I still see probably 6 years in my future. Even more if I actually decide to do doctorate. I've been encouraged by most of my teachers, including a few doctors themselves, that I am destined to get the doctor title.

Need a new quote.
pc_incorrecto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby pc_incorrecto » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 13:40

Ribbentrop wrote:Rule One: Treat everyone except for those you reasonably know for certain are not idiots with a healthy dose of disdain. Getting buddy-buddy with idiots makes you an idiot by association, while remaining snarky and capable of throwing a few well-aimed barbs at social outcasts makes you cool.

Rule Two: Master the art of the quip. Learn it. Breathe it. Drink it. Live it. The quip is your weapon when you want to get your name into a thread, but there either isn't anything worth discussing/that you are capable of discussing or else the thread is infested with idiots.

Rule Three: Only textwall when you have something intelligent and relevant to say. Few things turn people off as fast as an irrelevant block of text. Don't believe me? Search Silver Surfer's posts.

Rule Four: Leave the crazy at the door. Avoid ALL CAPS, excessive YouTube links, emoticons, txtspeak, colors, and failed attempts to quote people. Furthermore, use passable spelling and grammar. Do not use the enter key as a replacement for punctuation. Know the most common spelling/grammar mistakes (their/they're/there, for example) and be careful to avoid them. Try to sound like you graduated middle school.

Rule Five: Memes, except for when used sparingly and snarkily, make you look like an idiot. Don't use them. The one possible exception is forum-specific memes, but only if they are text only, and not images.

Rule Six: Do not fanboy, roleplay tard, or treat the internet as serious business. You are not Master Chief. *beep* off.

Rule Seven: If you have nothing witty, intelligent, or relevant to add to a thread, do not post.

Rule Eight: There is no honor on the internet. Deal with it, or get out.

Rule Nine: Do not attempt to shock people by being racist, crude, inflammatory, etc. It just makes you look like an uneducated imbecile.

Rule Ten: If you are going to troll, do it right. Don't pretend to be an idiot; don't gloat; don't ever break character; don't claim that anyone got trolled/that you are a troll; don't think that excessive = better; don't think that annoying someone = trolling someone; etc.

Canshow, benbelgam and some of the others here clearly believe that rule seven and rule nine don't belong at Trash Talk. Canshow and benbelgam are attached to the hip and have a strong addiction to the internet to prove what big, strong men they are.

All you need is a rubber band and paperclip to make these little punks run for cover.

canshow
Banned
Banned

Postby canshow » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 01:51

A retard calling his superiors retards.

Where have we seen this before :roll:

Rayy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: USSV
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Rayy » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 04:15

Ribbentrop wrote:Rule One:Lurk More

/fix'd

cactuschewer wrote:Traps r good
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 23:27

Rayy wrote:
Ribbentrop wrote:Rule One:Lurk More

/fix'd

Ribbentrop wrote:Rule two:Leave

Another fix.

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you

Return to “Trash Talk”