Beta Training Guild Idea

Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: FAIL
Galaxy: Beta

Re: Beta Training Guild Idea

Postby Pancho_Villa » Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:48

Suiseiseki wrote:Oh boy, someone feels for me!

Show me on this doll where the bad man touched you.

McCloud wrote: I hope someone farms you off of alpha.
Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: This game sucks.

Postby Suiseiseki » Mon 24 Dec, 2012 13:41

Turn it over.

Right there.

Kali wrote:We take their Derbs & Break their Hearts - The Goonion Resurrection
The Nene is a lie.
Saint 7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Guild?

Postby Saint 7 » Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:00

Aergistal wrote:
Saint 7 wrote:Count Spartan
The original? :shock:
Trust No One.

Hammurabi wrote:Beta is so dead compared to Alpha that it doesn't even take two minutes a day to take care of.
RavenTheImmortal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby RavenTheImmortal » Wed 26 Dec, 2012 14:58

Kaneda wrote:Hypothetically, i think most guild leaders would be interested in a solution to a dwindling player base. But If i'm being realistic i don't think that this could solve that because the fundamental problem is that new players are encouraged at the registration stage to join the new servers. Even if people are learning I think they'd prefer to learn on a server where there's the chance to compete, as opposed to Beta where most of the player base has a six year head start.
I wont deny this paragraph at all. I know new players are encouraged to join newer servers, and it would be beneficial for them to. But you do get some players that want to try the older servers. I think its these players that keep showing up, seeing that they cant get anywhere due to larger guilds not accepting them. Not wanting them do to the spy problem, or being too small. Or some other rejection notice that may go around.
Kaneda wrote:Perhaps if word got round on the other servers that Beta was the place to go to learn the game then these problems could be overcome with time, but the next problem is that I doubt you'd get many players graduating from the training guild into the main guilds because of the spy risk.
Whats to say that this project couldn't be that word? If it got going, and it worked out better than thought, it could bring players from other servers to Beta, even if just long enough to learn a better play style, or a different play style. They'd be part of the server for a month or two, giving a rotation of players to the server. I would bet a fair amount of the players that joined for the learning would stay if they felt they put a decent amount of work into their account growth.
Kaneda wrote:That's for new players. As far beta's existing player base is concerned: Is it really a lack of training that's holding them back? Most guilds I've seen offer more than adequate training for those who are willing to learn. I think it's really a lack of activity and a lack of interest that's the true differentiator in Beta.
As for the lack of training, you have that point. Most guilds do offer what they can, and the experience of the older players is quite helpful to any one. The training guild would promote activity. Not with just within itself, but with other guilds that are partnered with the training guild. It could generate some interest in the game as well, with a constant rotation of wars from the training guild and other partnered guilds. I thought it would be a way to get people to start moving around again, instead of a weekly blob movement. This tactic is getting old. And I feel somewhat, boring to do.

Respect the quiet. As they do the most harm.
Avvy stolen from ZT Strike. Granted =]
Shamrock
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: GM of [DDoS], Solider of [FAIL]

Postby Shamrock » Wed 26 Dec, 2012 20:22

Kaneda wrote:Hypothetically, i think most guild leaders would be interested in a solution to a dwindling player base. But If i'm being realistic i don't think that this could solve that because the fundamental problem is that new players are encouraged at the registration stage to join the new servers. Even if people are learning I think they'd prefer to learn on a server where there's the chance to compete, as opposed to Beta where most of the player base has a six year head start.

Perhaps if word got round on the other servers that Beta was the place to go to learn the game then these problems could be overcome with time, but the next problem is that I doubt you'd get many players graduating from the training guild into the main guilds because of the spy risk.

That's for new players. As far beta's existing player base is concerned: Is it really a lack of training that's holding them back? Most guilds I've seen offer more than adequate training for those who are willing to learn. I think it's really a lack of activity and a lack of interest that's the true differentiator in Beta.
Well put!

I still would like to try out my tourny idea ;)

~Let the wind be to your back, and may you be in heaven, long before the devil knows your dead~
KoSee for Reporting a Cheater
Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Pancho_Villa » Wed 26 Dec, 2012 21:54

I never knew spreadsheets required training.....

I thought they were just naturally awesome.

Shamrock
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Shamrock » Fri 28 Dec, 2012 00:37

Pancho_Villa wrote:I never knew spreadsheets required training.....

I thought they were just naturally awesome.
You believed the lies!! :wall:

~Let the wind be to your back, and may you be in heaven, long before the devil knows your dead~
kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Wed 02 Jan, 2013 20:32

RavenTheImmortal wrote:
Shamrock wrote:Raven,

I love the idea, but its not for Beta, as there is no longer or has not been for a long time... New players.

This idea should be exercised on a newer server, or a new server period.

Hell, instead of trying to implement this here, I would suggest posting this idea on different server's forums. See what community really backs up on the idea.
See who from Beta, would be willing to go there and give a helping hand w/ this guild. You can count me in ;)

As we are from Beta, we don't have a biased for other guilds in other servers anyways... :)

Good Work!
Due to server setup by the players, this idea can only be done on Alpha, Beta, or Ceti.
As any server past "D" is done in the "Guild Stronghold" set up of galaxies. Making it rather pointless to have random people in random areas, that get farmed due to being outside of the guild that "holds" that area?
cant be done in ceti as we will farm them

in fact to be honest it cant be done anywhere as guilds arent going to send off all their players to join some random guild for training when they can train them just as well in their own guild

SunTzu
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby SunTzu » Thu 03 Jan, 2013 02:42

Suiseiseki wrote:tl;dr

Don't mean to come down hard in my first few days, folks, but one thing that crosses my personal line is when someone tries to create a positive influence and others mock them for it. You're welcome to hate the idea of course, but the mature thing to do is to politely state your opposition and the reason(s) for it. Comments such as "tl;dr," "No" and "That's stupid," amongst some of the more popular iterations, don't belong in such threads.

Please don't "troll" threads. This is not FR or TT - if you have nothing to add, then add nothing at all. Thank you.

That is for anyone thinking of this same sort of post, BTW.

Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns or suggestions. A moderator is only as effective as those members he serves, so feedback is always welcome and appreciated. All I ask is that you keep it respectful.
Forum rules
Appeals
Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suiseiseki » Thu 03 Jan, 2013 06:04

Ooh, fresh meat. My favorite.

The Nene is a lie.
Ugborg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: S3D

Postby Ugborg » Thu 03 Jan, 2013 14:43

We're allowed to troll FR?

Roger W. Ugborg
Vice President, Extramarital Affairs and Grocery Shopping
Otis, Inc.
Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suiseiseki » Thu 03 Jan, 2013 16:17

Ugborg wrote:We're allowed to troll FR?
There's a dude who haunts FR with a username and avatar depicting a former Nazi party member. The entire point of FR is to troll but act ike you've got the game's best interests in mind, when the real intention is to trash every idea posted.

The Nene is a lie.
Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Pancho_Villa » Fri 04 Jan, 2013 04:26

SunTzu wrote:

Don't mean to come down hard in my first few days, folks, but one thing that crosses my personal line is when someone tries to create a positive influence and others mock them for it. You're welcome to hate the idea of course, but the mature thing to do is to politely state your opposition and the reason(s) for it. Comments such as "tl;dr," "No" and "That's stupid," amongst some of the more popular iterations, don't belong in such threads.

Please don't "troll" threads. This is not FR or TT - if you have nothing to add, then add nothing at all. Thank you.

That is for anyone thinking of this same sort of post, BTW.

This is Beta.

All we have is lol cats and trolling while waiting for the server to die.

Kaneda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: B: [ÆVØ]
D: [GOMN]

Postby Kaneda » Fri 04 Jan, 2013 10:10

Pancho_Villa wrote: This is Beta.

All we have is lol cats and trolling while waiting for the server to die.
... And we're all out of lol cats

Shamrock
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Shamrock » Wed 09 Jan, 2013 05:27

Return to “Beta”