A few words in the aftermath (to all)

Orat
Guild: A:SPuD - B:BLOOD

A few words in the aftermath (to all)

Postby Orat » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 08:41

Greetings all.

I rarely post anything on the AE forums, regardless of servers. Instead more often than not let things drift quietly by. But in light of the last days and night's actions or occurence of events I've felt compelled to post something, not to one group in particular, but the entire community.

Firstly I would like to congratulate the winners/those participating on our side. Due to time constraints and this thing called RL had to watch the happening from a rear seat. Will admit that there were periods during the early stages of the action I wasn't sure if the outcome would be favorably to our side. For quite some time it pointed more in the direction of a repetition of previous events. But in the end I guess numbers as well as activity boost counted. Therefore, Well fought... and Acclamations! I was fortunate to se some great hits and good action (from both sides).

Secondly and with no less emphasis I'd like to say; well fought FAIL & Co. During my time on Beta I've come to respect a lot of you for what you are, excellent players who when push came to shovel, fought valiantly till as far as I can judge, the very end. Players who understand the concept of fair game and ditto conduct, and who doesn't get carried away with e-hate or pointless upheaval of emotions.

Thirdly I'd like to say that, for a "dead server" (as I've heard many dub Beta) there's no way in denying that the "dead corpse" has shown a remarkable capacity for putting up big shows. A big win for the culture that, whilst compared to its older brother (Alpha) should be duely noted.

Ending by wishing the winning side good luck in the recuperation and collecting phase, the losing side good luck with rebuilding while hoping the spirit of Beta, which by no means should be underestimated, will continue on, despite its alleged "deadness".

Have a good summer all!
Orat (BLOOD).

Teachers may open doors,
You enter by yourself.
I lost my head - You Rang?.
Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: This game sucks.
Galaxy: Beta

Re: A few words in the aftermath (to all)

Postby Suiseiseki » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 16:38

Lol'd at "when push came to shovel", the imagery is awesome.

Kali wrote:We take their Derbs & Break their Hearts - The Goonion Resurrection

The Nene is a lie.
Orat

Postby Orat » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 19:48

LOL.. yeah that was one typo to remember! I'll leave it as is but for the records .."... when push came to shove"...

Teachers may open doors,
You enter by yourself.
Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suiseiseki » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 20:13

Awol and his comrades made camp, confident in their ability to repel the enemy. They were small in number, but highly skilled warriors. Scout Charun arrived at the hill overlooking the valley in which the battle was to take place, with urgent news.

"Sire," he began excitedly, "They bring shovels!"

"Good," replied Awol, "it will be much easier to bury them."

Soon after the battle commenced, Awol's forces in a circle formation, ready for the charge. As the enemy descended upon them, the loud clang of shovel on skull resonated through the small valley. The lines buckled and caved in swiftly under the fury of hundreds of shovel blows, decimating the small army of FAILures. At the battle's end, SS claimed FAIL's booty and there was much rejoicing. Also booty.

The moral of the story is of course to always account for the shovels.

The Nene is a lie.
Orat

Postby Orat » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 20:23

LOL., Excellent

"To shovel or not to shovel, that is the question" :mrgreen:

Teachers may open doors,
You enter by yourself.
Awol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: FAIL

Postby Awol » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 21:25

Suiseiseki wrote:Awol and his comrades made camp, confident in their ability to repel the enemy. They were small in number, but highly skilled warriors. Scout Charun arrived at the hill overlooking the valley in which the battle was to take place, with urgent news.

"Sire," he began excitedly, "They bring shovels!"

"Good," replied Awol, "it will be much easier to bury them."

Soon after the battle commenced, Awol's forces in a circle formation, ready for the charge. As the enemy descended upon them, the loud clang of shovel on skull resonated through the small valley. The lines buckled and caved in swiftly under the fury of hundreds of shovel blows, decimating the small army of FAILures. At the battle's end, SS claimed FAIL's booty and there was much rejoicing. Also booty.

The moral of the story is of course to always account for the shovels.

It's hardly fair for me to be given any credit for our recent efforts even though I would be proud to accept it. The truth is I just came back to beta literally weeks ago after more than a few months away and was only a lucky participant in the recent crash. It was a blast, a hell of a fight and Fail performed as near to flawlessly as one could expect. I had just enough fun to want to stick around for the rebuild.

Lets hope we can reboot beta with a little less entrenchment. There aren't any sides, we all play for fun and those of us who have been around long enough know first hand that your current enemy is your future ally and everyone is basically the same.

Suiseiseki
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suiseiseki » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 22:21

I haven't played since last year, so as far as I know you could have had Big Bird leading the charge. Either way, I don't care too much about the accuracy of my tangent concerning shovels, the imagery is there and that's all that matters.

Also, loving that last comment. Sunshine and rainbows, anyone?

Also also, in the words of Dr. Phillip Jay Cogwerks, founder and Chairman of OTIS: Delete your accounts.

The Nene is a lie.
TAndrew

Postby TAndrew » Tue 02 Jul, 2013 08:39

Ratimus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: TFR

Postby Ratimus » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 04:09

Kudos to the other side for their win they fought well sadly i missed it shooting real life boats took precedence over space boats

but for those in other servers that knock beta i can only say you haven't a clue what your missing

Next time rumor has it AWOL will bring snow blowers

I see the snowmen already grinning

Return to “Beta”