Since no one created the topic yet

we may disagree on a few things but you guys sure do know how to throw a party

Orat
Guild: A:SPuD - B:BLOOD

Re: Good Fight Fail

Postby Orat » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 16:58

Baal wrote:Since no one created the topic yet
we may disagree on a few things but you guys sure do know how to throw a party
I agree with Baal and would like to add that it never stops to amaze me how well coordinated you seem to be when in need of a real collective effort. That and tactical conception plus fighting skills is something many could learn from. Qualities that forced me to make some really hasty/poor choices. :)

Good luck on your rebuild!

Rgds
Orat

Teachers may open doors,
You enter by yourself.
I lost my head - You Rang?.
Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: FAIL
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Pancho_Villa » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 02:17

GFY.

McCloud wrote:I hope someone farms you off of alpha.
Baal
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Alpha[MaY]/Beta{CM}/Juno[Flow]

Postby Baal » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:12

Pancho_Villa wrote:GFY.

GFY? sorry I don't keep up with all the new abbreviations you kids come up with these days

Corinthian
Guild: [boosh]

Postby Corinthian » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:17

If you build it, they will come.

I'd like to thank Woogoat for the inspiration, FAIL for indulging my DS venture, GODS for bringing the other half of the party and my girlfriend for putting up with my *beep* whilst the crash was happening.

An extra thank you to my stalwart FAIL brothers and sisters, who selflessly steamed headlong into Ion Fleets in order to keep me alive long enough to get a few shots off.

Have to hand it to GODS, once they start rolling there's not much stopping them. Big praise to the guys chasing me, some of the best AE fun I've had in years! Roxo had me tied up in knots, No Remorse was in and out like a fiddler's elbow, I could have sworn he had my number on a few occasions. Great game.

Pilgrim actually hit me the very same second as Roxo but didn't get the kill-shot.

Not sure where we go from here though. I think you guys are now truly beyond reach, as far as any kind of direct conflict goes.

EndOr Beginning, boys? (and girls, obviously)

'Madder than a one inch hospital' - a short Scotsman
JJCv2.0
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: BuLGE, PIMP

Postby JJCv2.0 » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 06:02

Retired AE Philanthropist.
WRATHofGOD420
Guild: DERBS

Postby WRATHofGOD420 » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:47

was a very awesome fight i'm glad to have been there cant believe i managed to last so long so early with my 800 levis lol i got 3-4 great hits in before you guys got me lol and i learned a few things lol technically this was my first ever crash where i had both an actual useful fleet and as many levis as i did. think next time i wont stick around so long maybe pop in and out like osbad :P

too long........
Ratimus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: TFR

Postby Ratimus » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 14:55

one hell of a party Hats off to Gods for raising the Dead

Oh and for the first time ever i didnt get suicide d on I hit the piece of Sh!t first :p

I would also like the to salute Ae as usual your crappy servers didnt not disappoint they were as horrible and wretched as we have come to expect

Greyman my friend the great multi tasker was even able to poke fun while attacking keeping the troops in line )and I am quite sure out back wrestling crocodiles

Baal and Ryamtro for blocking me you guys have been holding on to tight ....you lost that loving feeling

Checkers for holding me after the crash

Kaly for running out of her house to engage in the knock out game Teva for having enough sense to stay out of her city

To the people of Ocala laid out on the sidewalk Dont worry this only happens twice a year

Charun for pointing out everything wrong with my life and country

And in the end we all know ''It's Awol's Fault ''

PS thanks JJC for the cigars they were smooth to the point when they blew up i didnt even care my nose was gone :p

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby KaHaR » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 15:12

Baal wrote:

GFY? sorry I don't keep up with all the new abbreviations you kids come up with these days

It stands for "Good for you"

<alcibiades> kahar is a good forum poster because nobody can argue with him
<alcibiades> all of your posts blow away everyone in ae so well nobody can understand them
teverclear
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby teverclear » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 22:17

Ratimus wrote:one hell of a party Hats off to Gods for raising the Dead

Oh and for the first time ever i didnt get suicide d on I hit the piece of Sh!t first :p

I would also like the to salute Ae as usual your crappy servers didnt not disappoint they were as horrible and wretched as we have come to expect

Greyman my friend the great multi tasker was even able to poke fun while attacking keeping the troops in line )and I am quite sure out back wrestling crocodiles

Baal and Ryamtro for blocking me you guys have been holding on to tight ....you lost that loving feeling

Checkers for holding me after the crash

Kaly for running out of her house to engage in the knock out game Teva for having enough sense to stay out of her city

To the people of Ocala laid out on the sidewalk Dont worry this only happens twice a year

Charun for pointing out everything wrong with my life and country

And in the end we all know ''It's Awol's Fault ''

PS thanks JJC for the cigars they were smooth to the point when they blew up i didnt even care my nose was gone :p

i was across the street from kalys tatoo shop stealing wireless 2 cars back behind awol. yes i saw u stealing the net also didnt kno u were in town. when i saw kaly haul *beep* out the door i thought my cover was blown ran over a biker and hauled *beep* out of ocala praying for my life

Pancho_Villa
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: FAIL

Postby Pancho_Villa » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 22:26

KaHaR wrote:
Baal wrote:

Yes.

Yes it does.

McCloud wrote:I hope someone farms you off of alpha.
Kalypso
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Kalypso » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 08:16

I wasn't paying attention....running a tattoo shop is exasperating.

I don't see how this was a congraduating win. We were out numbered ..like last time. If you throw enough *beep* at the wall..eventually it gets covered. But yeah...great win. I guess.

A HUG IS LIKE A STRANGLE YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED YET

Welcome to the hand basket my friend. Guess where we're heading?
Jason_PT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Many

Postby Jason_PT » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 11:50

Kalypso wrote:I wasn't paying attention....running a tattoo shop is exasperating.

I don't see how this was a congraduating win. We were out numbered ..like last time. If you throw enough *beep* at the wall..eventually it gets covered. But yeah...great win. I guess.

yeah you can throw the numbers thing, but let's not forget, you all had 3 days warning, a DS mixed with your fleets (some at least) and defensive advantage.

If this wasn't Beta we would be looking at a stare-fest for months and months.... but since Beta ppl have the nasty habit of not caring much about pixel fleets, we went for it. We won, but we could have lost, the odds weren't 1:1.... but not 1:2 either, where most guilds risk a blob crash, and under the same conditions i don't know if a 1:2 advantage would be enough for most.

The win in this crash was determined by the kill ratios, far better than the other one where we had a much larger fleet gap, i think it was 11b vs 17b this time it was 15b vs 18b, and even so in the other profit ratio was near 1:1.2, this time it was a bit over 1:1.3.

Easy to talk by being in the winning side (again), but the players have nothing to quit about in my honest opinion.

Unless stated otherwise, my forum posts express my personal view/opinions non-related to my guild.
A:[BORG]-B:[SS]-AA:[SMILE]-E:[FTW]-F:[SL]
Baal
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Alpha[MaY]/Beta{CM}/Juno[Flow]

Postby Baal » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 15:19

Ratimus wrote:Baal and Ryamtro for blocking me you guys have been holding on to tight ....you lost that loving feeling

I don't have you blocked :biglaugh:

Kalypso wrote:I wasn't paying attention....running a tattoo shop is exasperating.

running your own business in the Obama economy must indeed be difficult hats off to you and kom on that but when you guys first just about zf'd AA and Co they had an almost 2-1 fleet advantage over you guys.....and you won

KaHaR wrote:
Baal wrote:

ohhhh I think this applies here then

ps: never forget

We’re about even, you *beep* don’t have the fleet to take us. –Awol
You guys will never move, you don’t have the activity –unknown fail member
YOU CAN’T TAKE US –unknown fail member

JJCv2.0
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: BuLGE, PIMP

Postby JJCv2.0 » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 18:48

You're wrong. It's not every day you see a crash like what happened last Sunday. In fact, it was probably one of the more close in numbers crashes in a very long time. It's difficult to get two sides to have exactly even numbers, but we were almost there. You guys weren't out numbered by much, and anything that you were, was negated by your defender's advantage.

I don't think it's it's often in this game, where one side in a blob stare down, in the same galaxy, just gets up and goes after the other side in a all out brawl fest. In fact it's never happened.

Not to mention the week long warning you guys had. Basically, we rocked.

We also gave you guys a very fair deal the week before, a kind of no strings attached moving away thing, you guys threw it on our face with an insulting term. So, you forced our hand.

I had fun, and I hope you guys did too. But, let's face it, that crash was pretty hilarious being that, no one expected it could be done.

Retired AE Philanthropist.

Return to “Beta”