why haz MC, Thog, S3D have FAIL'd?????

acaos
Guild: [L€Z]/{LOI}
[CHAOS]/[GODS]
Galaxy: Beta

why haz MC, Thog, S3D have FAIL'd?????

Postby acaos » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 02:43

so with no one going home, the obvious perception is that these guilds are now defunct and dead...

I can prepare the Viking funeral nao??? Persona non vedente

ĄςâøŞ - translated for special character impaired: acaos, pronounced: a-chaos (no relation... err wait, n/m heh)
Լâѕ╄ Şøή σf [LOI]/GM of [L€Z] and now [CHAOS] err [GODS] or [Voltron] or w/e heh
For clarity's sake: right side of the brain - Dow, left side - acaos, cerebellum - jjc
Ka-Z
Guild: A few

Re: why haz MC, Thog, S3D have FAIL'd?????

Postby Ka-Z » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 19:33

Lolwut?

acaos
Guild: [L€Z]/{LOI}
[CHAOS]/[GODS]

Postby acaos » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 00:08

Look, I took the liberty of examining those guilds when I got home,
and I discovered the only reason they had been sitting on their perch in the first place was that they had been NAILED there.
They're not pinin' for the fjords! They've passed on! They are no more! They have ceased to be!
They are expired and gone to meet their maker! They are stiffs! Bereft of life, tbey rest in peace!
If you hadn't nailed them to the perch they'd be pushing up the daisies!
Their metabolic processes are now history! They are off the twig!
They've kicked the bucket, they've shuffled off their mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!
THESE ARE EX-GUILDS!!

ĄςâøŞ - translated for special character impaired: acaos, pronounced: a-chaos (no relation... err wait, n/m heh)
Լâѕ╄ Şøή σf [LOI]/GM of [L€Z] and now [CHAOS] err [GODS] or [Voltron] or w/e heh
For clarity's sake: right side of the brain - Dow, left side - acaos, cerebellum - jjc
Kalypso
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Kalypso » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:15

Or maybe we just enjoy each others company. Let's face it.beta is nothing more than a meeting place for long time interweb friends.

We enjoy politicald iscussions, updates on new electronic fads car talk, farming and just friendly conversations about life.

Who are you to tell anyone where their place is? We area collaberation of small guilds . Sorry you can't crash the mini blobs that would be formed if there was a split. Keep your negativity on your elite boards and leave FAIL alone. If you dubias really cared about improving theserver, you,d split up an a$$ rape each other

A HUG IS LIKE A STRANGLE YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED YET

Welcome to the hand basket my friend. Guess where we're heading?
Frederic Chopin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frederic Chopin » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 16:43

AE is for casual gaming only.

Take your viking funerals to Club Penguin before you regret it, boy.

Ka-Z

Postby Ka-Z » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 05:10

As much as Kaly and I have disagreed in recent weeks and months, she speaks truth, here. It's rather funny that the members of the big block are telling the smaller block to split up. Our response is going to have to be, "You first."

I am not asking for the current split with MDPs and such... I'm talking about a full blown split. Until then, nothing is gained by going back to our home guilds. The gates get slower, the boards get quieter, and the simmers get simmier.

If you guys want to play the simmy server health game, lead the way. You won... not us.

Watcher Giles

Postby Watcher Giles » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:43

It is certainly endearing to finally hear someone on the Fail side admit that they are no longer the "big bad" of Beta. But contrary to the excuse of absolute friendship and utter solidarity of the Fail block, the only real reason that there was no post crash split from that side is that they cannot stand to not have that tiny little "1" next to their guild rank. Sorry, but every one on the BLOOD/GODS/SS side dutifully and with some sadness returned to their respective guilds because it is what was expected of them. And telling us to fight amongst ourselves and leave poor little Fail alone is bemusing, as that little "1" you so desperately cling to is not a mark of victory but a great big target that we will keep throwing at until you stop hiding behind it.

...Or maybe you just lost your Post-it note telling what guilds your multis originated from and can't be bothered to actually split... :P

"A Slayer slays, a Watcher..."
"Watches?"
DoW
Guild: [GODS] - Good Ol Debris Service

Postby DoW » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:56

I haven't posted here in the Beta Forum for quite some time but I keep seeing the same points pop up over and over.

I'm just confused why FAIL thinks GODS, SS and BLOOD need to fight each other? FAIL was on top of the Beta Server for a long time and there was never any interest of FAIL fighting their allies. FAIL never had a problem chasing down the same guilds and beating down the same guilds, time after time. Now that FAIL is no longer on top all they care about is server health.

It's kind of funny that FAIL comes to the forum to claim they want our side just to leave them alone, yet they're the first to make hostile moves post crash.

GM of [GODS]
Corinthian
Guild: [boosh]

Postby Corinthian » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 16:45

I love the selective memory syndrome.

Remember when FAIL was 40 players? That was best FAIL. Purely from a guild member's perspective.

Remember when FAIL derbed Chaos? A bigger guild iirc. I'm not trying to start a debate on the perceived ethics of that move, but it was done to display to the server that FAIL was not the GOON that AA+Co believed it was. FAIL broke it's former ties and had the pasty to go it 'alone', against far greater odds. Why? It was fun to do so and a challenge. Same reason we've time and again gone up against bigger opponents. We enjoy being the underdog.

If there's anyone in FAIL (honestly, where do people come up with this *beep* haha) who's hiding behind a rank, any rank,then I don't know who they are, and I'm one of the most active players there.

No one here is precious about fleet numbers or rank. We use fleet. Doubt it? Check our guild XP. Then check your own;)

Everyone seems to have forgotten FAIL tried to balance the server, years ago. We got laughed at and mocked for trying....

Perception of events is entirely dependent on where you are stood at the time, and unless you have the presence of mind to step back and view from other perspectives... you will only ever see what you want to.

If any of you have and legit suggestions...? Didn't think so.

The comment on FAIL multis is hilarious by the way. I've never seen a blacker pot calling out a kettle.

'Madder than a one inch hospital' - a short Scotsman
Corinthian
Guild: [boosh]

Postby Corinthian » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 18:10

DoW wrote:I haven't posted here in the Beta Forum for quite some time but I keep seeing the same points pop up over and over.

I'm just confused why FAIL thinks GODS, SS and BLOOD need to fight each other? FAIL was on top of the Beta Server for a long time and there was never any interest of FAIL fighting their allies. FAIL never had a problem chasing down the same guilds and beating down the same guilds, time after time. Now that FAIL is no longer on top all they care about is server health.

It's kind of funny that FAIL comes to the forum to claim they want our side just to leave them alone, yet they're the first to make hostile moves post crash.
Not that I want to let facts get in the way of a good piece of misinformation, but Baal attacked Raiek :naughty:

* edited for grammar

'Madder than a one inch hospital' - a short Scotsman
DoW

Postby DoW » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 19:30

Corinthian wrote:
DoW wrote:I haven't posted here in the Beta Forum for quite some time but I keep seeing the same points pop up over and over.

Not that I want to let facts get in the way of a good piece of misinformation, but Baal attacked Raiek :naughty:

* edited for grammar
Baal attacked Raiek after Raiek was caught stealing debris from Baal's base when he was attacked by Baslim from [-PM-]. Raiek was told to leave and all he did was respond with a stupid messages. He was given almost an hour to move but was shot before the tick. He should not be stealing debris from a GODS base.

Raiek was in the wrong and he was shot for stealing debris over one of our bases. I guarantee FAIL would have done the exact same thing, so that was definitely not a hostile move. I do find moving 1 Bil fleet into the same galaxy as your enemy as a hostile move especially when you bring both your large levi stack and your large HC stack which could do a ton of damage to that enemy blob if not kill it completely.

If FAIL wants to be left alone, then they would stop doing things like that. GODS, SS, and BLOOD were perfectly content doing our own thing away from one another but FAIL keeps testing the bounds of the NAP. You guys want us not moving as one unit, you guys want us split up, then stop making hostile moves towards our allies.

GM of [GODS]
Ka-Z

Postby Ka-Z » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 19:35

What on earth does the #1 rank have to do with anything? Pragmatically, it makes little to no sense for FAIL to split up... many players were zfleeted in the last crash to include recs and carriers. Look at the fleet averages. FAIL is very low. Those numbers represent vulnerability. Even the bunny guilds can hit some of FAIL's fledgling fleets.

It appears that the number 1 ranking matters to you guys more so than FAIL, because I have never seen it mentioned nor discussed anywhere in FAIL. Join back up and move on; you'll be number 1 in a landlslide.

Nobody here cares. Why? You all have an MDP, a permanap from FAIL, full banks, and 3 billion more fleet. You're invulnerable at this point.

If server health is not a concern, why are you all asking for us to split up? Are you concerned that, despite numerical inferiority, FAIL, as constructed, may win the next one?

FAIL's not breaking up because you're "concerned". If you want to talk about changing the way the server is currently aligned, I, personally am willing to entertain meaningful dialog. If not, see you at the next crash.

I'm content to keep shooting the guy in front of me provided that we agree to let the loser back up every time. It's not a bad arrangement. Quit pissing on eachother.

DoW

Postby DoW » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:48

Obviously though Server Health is a concern. Why else would we go back to our home guilds after the debris was all cleaned up? We very well could have remained in the same guild just like what you're doing with FAIL. We returned to our home guilds in good faith you guys would do the same thing. Staying in one big guild does absolutely nothing for Server Health.

Even you Ka-Z mentioned if we wanted to worry about Server Health, you told us to lead the way. That's exactly what we did by returning to our home guilds. We stopped blobbing near one another, we were all doing our own thing. So your point is really invalid. If you guys want to sit in one big guild, fine by me, but I don't want to keep hearing the same thing about how we're not worried about Server Health and all the other stuff that FAIL players have been pointing out in the forums as of late.

We took the first step to Server Health, now would be FAIL's turn to take a step towards Server Health.

GM of [GODS]
Ka-Z

Postby Ka-Z » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 15:01

I don't think that my point is invalid... we're saying a lot of the same things. I agree that going back to your home guilds is a first step. It's just not a BIG ENOUGH step to matter.

Again, it needs to go further. You guys are in the driver seat, as an alliance, and can shape this server as you please at this point. But, going back home is not going to put the losing side enough at ease to affect any change.

What's the next step in the plan if we split up? Shoot again in 6 months? I'm not trying to run either side down, nor build either side up. But, it's your call, along with SS, not FAIL's, what happens next.

DoW

Postby DoW » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 00:31

That's exactly what I'm telling you though, we took the first step by returning to our home guilds. You say it's not a big enough step to matter but it sure as hell is. If you guys want a change in the server then you need to meet us in the middle. So far GODS, SS, and BLOOD have been the only ones to take a step towards that middle ground.

Our alliance is not going to walk all the way to the middle ground by ourselves.

Right now FAIL & Company have taken no steps whatsoever to improve server health. The only steps FAIL & Company have taken as of late we're backwards and against server health.

*Edited for Grammar

GM of [GODS]

Return to “Beta”