January 2009?

SnowGryphon

January 2009?

Postby SnowGryphon » Mon 19 Jan, 2015 13:35

I'm an old-timer of Ceti, having been around since 2007, but after the balance of power got totally screwed in 2012, I decided to stop playing it seriously. Even before that, though, I was never much of a participant in galactic politics. So, I ask the question: What exactly happened in January 2009? I sometimes see people throwing this month around, calling it a "fated month/day" and even referring to a specific date at times (though this specificity escapes easy memory access).

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: January 2009?

Postby Winchester » Mon 19 Jan, 2015 19:00

January 25, 2009. Following a wave of bans and suspensions for script usage, Azzer proved that AE's script-detection mechanism was flawed and could produce false positives. When he presented his evidence to the admins, he was banned. A large number of people protested, and some individuals, such as myself, quit the game shortly after.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
SnowGryphon

Postby SnowGryphon » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 02:16

Jesus. So that's what happened back then... And I remember the "25" date too. Looks like you and a lot of people remember it easily. Hell, I would.

Death Smurf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: BORG - A
SS - B
MOJO (GM) - C

Postby Death Smurf » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 19:51

Winchester wrote:January 25, 2009. Following a wave of bans and suspensions for script usage, Azzer proved that AE's script-detection mechanism was flawed and could produce false positives. When he presented his evidence to the admins, he was banned. A large number of people protested, and some individuals, such as myself, quit the game shortly after.

Was that when a team from PIMP tried to assault C09, and got caught using scripts - which resulted in a large amount of suspensions or bans. If they hadn't have been caught, they would have ripped the SU a new one - but unfortunately they did, so it was a case of easy pickings.. because each one of them was using a script made by Azzer (I know because several told me at the time who were suspended).

Just can't remember whether or not it was back end of 08 or 09.. I do have some PIMP BR's someplace..

SnowGryphon wrote:I'm an old-timer of Ceti, having been around since 2007, but after the balance of power got totally screwed in 2012, I decided to stop playing it seriously. Even before that, though, I was never much of a participant in galactic politics. So, I ask the question: What exactly happened in January 2009? I sometimes see people throwing this month around, calling it a "fated month/day" and even referring to a specific date at times (though this specificity escapes easy memory access).

I thought you stopped taking it seriously when *TE* died? lol.. after Blackwolf took command, and everything went to hell in a handbasket.. Ericho DeJericho pushed off onto another server.. I think that was when Blinky left (Blinky and his famed quad titans pwning BOS lol).

Ceti Historian:
> The Ceti Historian
* Has received a R/L death threat about AE (gimme the e-tears!)
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 20:40

PIMP might have been around the same time, now that I think about it. I want to say that Kevbotrek lost his massive mobile in that, right? Still, part of me thinks that happened earlier or later, because I distinctly remember BSMF offering a home to some of them, and me being there for it.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Death Smurf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: BORG - A
SS - B
MOJO (GM) - C

Postby Death Smurf » Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:08

Winchester wrote:PIMP might have been around the same time, now that I think about it. I want to say that Kevbotrek lost his massive mobile in that, right? Still, part of me thinks that happened earlier or later, because I distinctly remember BSMF offering a home to some of them, and me being there for it.

Lol, there's a name from the past.. Kevbotrek.. I remember him from *TD*.. Good player.. always willing to pitch in and help a guildy.

But that would track about right. Remember Zath (yeah, he's over on Andro). He's in contact with Kev every so often - he could pin this down to the exact date if necessary.

Ceti Historian:
> The Ceti Historian
* Has received a R/L death threat about AE (gimme the e-tears!)
lion
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: D: FLEET
H: Spork
Galaxy: Delta

Postby lion » Thu 05 Feb, 2015 20:25

Wow, this game is still going....
I still have a signature! more wow...

D- [FLEET]Lion
H- [Spork]Sloot

Fuzara wrote:lion .... he is the destroyer of guilds .....

Fun Quiz

Return to “Ceti”