2018 just started and Ceti already is a warzone?!

Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Many

Re: 2018 just started and Ceti already is a warzone?!

Postby Jason_PT » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 20:18

Nagel wrote:Someone tell Kris I need an account so I can stomp that n00b V4V and his guild out of the game. TY
+1

@DS: It's the 2018-Nagel.

Unless stated otherwise, my forum posts express my personal view/opinions non-related to my guild.
A:[BORG]-B:[SS]-AA:[SMILE]-E:[FTW]-F:[SL]
kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 20:19

and no i cant be assed to format it as i get better things to do in game

oh *beep* woops another double,

come on hitler mod guy, ban be allready so i can focus in game :)

kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kris » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 20:36

fuk sake it wasnt even another double as jason blocked my double attempt. maybe this one can get a card for swearing and double, surely

Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 20:42

if my memory serves me right, ASG and someone guild formed DSA, then after a while DSA left a SU, at that time it was everyone and it's mother in the SU, then some realized leaving SU was stupid, ASG was reformed over the awesome experience of V4V, and most DSA returned to ASG, and life went on for ASG, horrible death for DSA fellas... can't remember though if this was pre or pos-ROCKY crash.

Unless stated otherwise, my forum posts express my personal view/opinions non-related to my guild.
Death Smurf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: MOJO (GM) - C (Retired)

Postby Death Smurf » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 21:20

Jason_PT wrote:if my memory serves me right, ASG and someone guild formed DSA, then after a while DSA left a SU, at that time it was everyone and it's mother in the SU, then some realized leaving SU was stupid, ASG was reformed over the awesome experience of V4V, and most DSA returned to ASG, and life went on for ASG, horrible death for DSA fellas... can't remember though if this was pre or pos-ROCKY crash.
Pre Rocky crash.

Ceti Historian:
> The Ceti Historian
* Has received a R/L death threat about AE (gimme the e-tears!)
ashtraynaut
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Church of Ruin -BOB
Galaxy: Beta

Postby ashtraynaut » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 00:32

so much....salt...i get thirsty o_O

B.[free hats!] ashtraynaut * C. [HGMNY] {Elite}punck kid * F. [DZR] {Elite}punck kid

:: we have fleets that can beat your fleets ::

Saint 7 wrote:
,,,it's not a game.. It's an investment.

-Saint
Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 01:17

I was surprised in lasting this long, and to be only on this "small" scale, i expressed to DS a few months ago in how long he think this HeiHo/ASG peace would last and what role would HGMNY play out in this chess game, if ASG would suckup on HGMNY in such a way for them to betray HeiHo or if HGMNY would pretend to betray them to get ASG on the curve.... bit surprised to see TDF going to ASG, him being a all time fan (or so i think) Kris fan. Bottom line, imo, Heiho should have got ASG a long time ago.

Super5
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: CLS
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Super5 » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 03:50

@Death Smurf - your quote is too long and I'm no good at this forum warrioring thing, so I'll just try to respond and address some points. Sooooo - to go off-topic again...

It is really too bad that the agreement for fun wars fell through. To be fair though, it wasn't just V4V or just Hegemony or just ravendemon that sunk it. It's just the overall attitude on this server - "Win at all costs". Whatever "winning" means; I guess if your account is the last active on the server, you win? Then no fun can be had by anyone.

The trust issue is a problem. There are no formal agreements between guilds in this server - I've often wondered why. Maybe because there's no trust? Or maybe because bonds are considered so strong that they don't need to be formalized? Or maybe it's because there's no trust - everyone is either scheming to backstab their allies and/or believe that their allies are doing the same. With no trust, no agreement is worth anything and nothing will change.

I've always been against perma-farming. I was against it when Heiho farmed me years ago, I'm against it when it happens to Mojo/DT, I'm against it when my guildmates do it, I'm against Heiho doing it, and I don't do it myself. If it were up to me, everyone would leave one unshielded unit as an occupation force and only the base owner could free it. That would mean inactives would become food, and actives would be allowed to play the game.

But it's not up to me; I'm not a guild leader. The environment of "total war" doesn't allow a no-permafarming policy either. Once your opponent does it, you feel obligated to escalate the situation and it leads to ridiculous scenarios like only trading internally, pillaging trades to your own guildmates, and reporting other players to admins for not giving out high-enough pillages (yes that last one actually happened). "Total war" doesn't make the server fun, it just makes people quit. And permafarming is the last step of the escalation inherent in the "total war" playbook, i.e., crush your opponent's fleet/economy/spirit completely.

Ok, enough of the wall'o'text. These are just my opinions, and don't represent the views of my guild anyway, so just a lot of hot air. Back to your regularly scheduled war ;)

ashtraynaut
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ashtraynaut » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 09:59

i have no idea if there is anything going on about trust or not.
for a server this old and the many players that left anf guilds that basically have changed and swapped different sides in the past already it is not easy to say we're missing a trust-factor.

i dare to say the majority of players in Ceti had shifted their interest and energy to other servers while they kept simming here. the server was sleeping for a long time.
but at some point there was really only 2 possibilities:

1. Ceti dies without a blast
2. Ceti getting a serverwar between the 2 largests guilds.

so whatever you say..even the backstabbing from 1 guild to another was inevitable the start of a new war. and it really does not matter much of who kicked this off.
also, both sides are lobbying to get HGMNY at their side.

as the (anti)diplomat of HGMNY i would like to say that we feel a strong friendship between both Heiho and ASG.
we do love a good fight but the general feeling was that the sudden blobcrash, including xrashing the fleet of ASG's GM, wsn't really fairplay.
making pact with Dojo and DT, still our enemies, did not help much either in taking this feeling away.

So HGMNY still remains neutral in the matter. it is up to the individual member wether he/she chooses to join any of the warring guilds.
we do NOT accept any attack on one of our members period.

i hope this clears up some of you that prematurely assume that HGMNY automatically would side with Heiho. i am sorry, we do not, we had no knowledge or any indication of this war nor the blobcrash beforehand, we did not get involved into anything just yet.

B.[free hats!] ashtraynaut * C. [HGMNY] {Elite}punck kid * F. [DZR] {Elite}punck kid

Saint 7 wrote:

-Saint
Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:35

HeiHo in 09, HGMNY in 01, simple stuff.

HGMNY secretly talks with ASG, Heiho ears about it and pre-emptive kills HGMNY
HGMNY talks with HeiHo and offers their support, ASG eventually dies
HGMNY stays neutral, neutrality oftens kill Guilds, because if you aren't supporting means you want them to kill each other and come from behind and scoop up, that normally goes sideways if one of the sides doesn't lose enough fleet, and you are forced to remain neutral until the winning guild recovers and eats HGMNY...
Heiho ears about HGMNY defecting to support HGMNY, and since ASG is all the way in 49 far from any possible support to HGMNY, HeiHo kills HGMNY and ASG watch from their seat to the fireworks.

Basically i think these are the possible outcomes overtime-

ashtraynaut
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ashtraynaut » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 11:21

Jason...maybe read my post again before you come to conclusions

Saint 7 wrote:

-Saint
Karisha
Guild: BSMF
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Karisha » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 11:58

ashtraynaut wrote: including xrashing the fleet of ASG's GM, wsn't really fairplay.
making pact with Dojo and DT, still our enemies, did not help much either in taking this feeling away.
Basically, most of your post didn't bother me one way or another. However, the part about specifically mentioning the GM's fleet makes my eye twitch. Are the fleets belonging to a GM sacred and somehow more important than other peoples? I am genuinely confused. Would your disapproval of the situation be less if his fleet had not been hit?

In regard to Dojo (Mojo) and DT - In looking at fleet numbers, I am not sure the term "enemies" applies anymore. Neither guild poses a threat.
I'm going to take a moment to muse along here ...
Look at the server. The top three guilds in fleet are ASG, HeiHo, and HGMNY. Granted HGMNY has significantly less total fleet than the previous two but the average per member is higher. Nobody else has squat. Out of all the squat holders, Mojo and DT are the two with a decent amount of members (instead of just 1-10 for the remainder of the guilds). It simply makes sense for at least a bit of the pressure to come off those two lowly guilds so they have a chance at actually playing again. Why would the remaining players with fleet not want that?

Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 13:20

ashtraynaut wrote:Jason...maybe read my post again before you come to conclusions
I read it from top to bottom.... and the possibilities i wrote remain.

Those are the possible outcomes in a medium-long term.
If others outcomes can show up? Maybe, but i doubt it.

ashtraynaut
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ashtraynaut » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 16:27

Karisha wrote: In regard to Dojo (Mojo) and DT - In looking at fleet numbers, I am not sure the term "enemies" applies anymore. Neither guild poses a threat.
I'm going to take a moment to muse along here ...
Look at the server. The top three guilds in fleet are ASG, HeiHo, and HGMNY. Granted HGMNY has significantly less total fleet than the previous two but the average per member is higher. Nobody else has squat. Out of all the squat holders, Mojo and DT are the two with a decent amount of members (instead of just 1-10 for the remainder of the guilds). It simply makes sense for at least a bit of the pressure to come off those two lowly guilds so they have a chance at actually playing again. Why would the remaining players with fleet not want that?
DT and Mojo have become very inactive and passively simming.
look at Mojo..the invested all of their income in just technology. nothing else.

DT seems to be still simming but that could change ofcourse. i think that most players in Ceti went in simming mode to play on other servers.

Saint 7 wrote:

-Saint
daddystu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: C: HGMNY
P: FAIR
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby daddystu » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 16:33

... and other ... better games :)

Return to “Ceti”