How to build 10 planets in 7 days

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Alendriei
Galaxy: Andromeda

Re: How to build 10 planets in 7 days

Postby Alendriei » Wed 06 May, 2009 12:01

I suggest to build 2 recyclers in early game for scouting. These unwanted 20 cr around uninhabited planets come really handy in the beginning.

wildmann41

Postby wildmann41 » Wed 17 Jun, 2009 18:32

sweet thx man! this helps out allot

Antiok
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: AJAX FOREVAR!

Postby Antiok » Thu 20 Aug, 2009 14:21

Bump!

Arjani
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Arjani » Fri 21 Aug, 2009 02:08

Antiok wrote:Bump!
Why bump? This guide was very useful in the past, but in the 2 years since it was written, the level protection rules have changed, and experienced players' theories on game strategies have changed as well.

It has been superseded by Quasar's new beginner guide.

RA -S- SIR -- TEC Enigma DS Riddle -- LOVE -- OSHI- WL -- 1st -- SoT
My guild, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be spinned right.
Sniper
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Stickmen
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Sniper » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 23:10

Arjani wrote:
Antiok wrote:Bump!
Why bump? This guide was very useful in the past, but in the 2 years since it was written, the level protection rules have changed, and experienced players' theories on game strategies have changed as well.

Protection has changed etc, but i much prefer this guide to Quasar's if only for being so much shorter here, yes you have to protect yourself earlier than stated here but overall it gets you at least 10 bases in your 7 days of free upgrade

Arjani
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Arjani » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 03:57

It's not just the protection rules that are outdated... also the opinions on planets vs moons vs roids have changed, spaceports should come up sooner than he mentioned for the trade income, and crystallines aren't considered to be such good astros anymore. And that's just to list the things I thought of off the top of my head.

Another very important thing it misses out is that you need to attack people during the first 7 days to get ahead. It doesn't include any advice on what ships you should unlock by when :? This is an effect of the protection rules update, of course, but a very important effect. If you're not running around with frigates and carriers by the end of your first week, you're rather behind.

The new guide gets you 10 in 7 just as easily, and with a bit of extra activity and luck thrown in you can do 11 :P

RA -S- SIR -- TEC Enigma DS Riddle -- LOVE -- OSHI- WL -- 1st -- SoT
My guild, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be spinned right.
No Evil Intent

Postby No Evil Intent » Tue 09 Mar, 2010 16:56

A very good guide, thanks.

On Alpha, I have just got up to 9 with 4 hours to spare until the 7 days are up.

Having tried it on Alpha there are a couple of points I would like to bring up for anyone trying on that server in the future.

1/ Trade routes - No one seems very interested in trading when your economy is small so trades will be with your own planets so spread them out around your sector of the galaxy a bit and don’t build the space ports for extra trade until your planets are ready.

2/ Units - Scout - you need one as soon as possible to go and find where to put your next colonies.

Recyclers - Look around before you build them, there was not much around worth using.

Defences - The fighters for your trade routes when they come on line are good I am sure, but around me there was no one below level 30. Have a good look round before you spend much cash on them at this stage.

3/ Economy - As the guide says you need to get the rates of return right, the less you spend on each unit of production the better. Take time to consider it – don’t just queue up the metal refineries.

All in all an enjoyable weeks game - I am more into simming than combat and Alpha probably isn't the place to learn how to fight anyway but I found all the players I came across helpful and pleasant.

I am going to delete my empire (if I can work out how) and try again, maybe on a different server.

Whoever comes next, I hope you enjoy it and good luck with getting more than 9.

AArbizuTheGreat
Guild: MLS
Galaxy: Nova

Postby AArbizuTheGreat » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 21:23

Great guide. I use it regularly and tell my recruits to use it also. :clap:

Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 00:10

AArbizuTheGreat wrote:Great guide. I use it regularly and tell my recruits to use it also. :clap:
Arjani wrote:This guide was very useful in the past, but in the 2 years since it was written, the level protection rules have changed, and experienced players' theories on game strategies have changed as well.

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”