How to install a graphics package from point A to point Z

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

♠♣♦♥†Joker†♥♦♣♠
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: How to install a graphics package from point A to point Z

Postby ♠♣♦♥†Joker†♥♦♣♠ » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 22:00

anidem wrote:I am trying to do this on Firefox 3 in windows Vista 64 and I am having a problem with this step;

Go to Tools > Folder Options > View and uncheck the box to Hide extensions for known file types. Click OK to apply the changes.
Create a text file via File > New > Text Document
Open the new file, New Text Document.txt, and insert the following text code:

There is no "Folder options" under tools. Now what?

Dont worry in vista I think u can just creat a new text document and when savin type user.js < ----- KEEP THE JS!

♠♣♦♥†Joker†♥♦♣♠

Postby ♠♣♦♥†Joker†♥♦♣♠ » Mon 08 Dec, 2008 22:02

piggos wrote:Well, it HAS to do with the version of Firefox. And more specific with the exception file with the inserted code.

I 've done all the necessary actions and I end up to the same results. Black screens if no css is checked and white if checked. Checked, doublechecked, triplechecked.

And then I decided to try on IE7. Everything works fine, except of the fact that it does not support animated images and that is the limitation of the browser. The difference there is that you put the exception urls under the menu of IE7, tools->internet options->security->sites etc and everything works. That is why I am saying that the procedures have been according to the instructions. I believe the problem is with the file created for the firefox.

I am using firefox 3.01 and Windows Vista Ultimate 64

I BELEIVE YOUR CORRECT i did all that and it works in IE7 just fine but the firefox file is the screwup. I think 3.0 version is the problem

bigboab5

Postby bigboab5 » Fri 02 Jan, 2009 20:48

Woo hooo..... I tried this a few months back, to no avail..... so i tried again today and WOOOO HOOOO, it worked!!! it is brill. thank you. For those of you trying this in future, I think the most important bit is the \ and / thing for the location. I am using firefox 3.0.5. and i got it to work for my alpha and fenix accounts (just added the fenix to the list for the user.js) and both work a treat now, thanks guys. well done. :clap: :biglaugh:

Redbeard
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: SIR

Postby Redbeard » Wed 07 Jan, 2009 19:26

Okay, I've checked and double-checked everything, and I'm having one issue that won't go away. The main background isn't showing up. Everything else appears to be working fine. The background image is in the correct spot and is named correctly. I'm running this on Firefox. Any suggestions?

Stormfang
Proud member of the Sovereign Imperial Republic
Deadly-Knight
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: A:[«AR»]
B:[~TLC~]
C:[DT]

Postby Deadly-Knight » Mon 02 Mar, 2009 22:59

I have no experience with Vista whatsoever. I am sorry if I cannot offer support for this platform.

MMagellan

Postby MMagellan » Mon 09 Mar, 2009 02:23

There is on thing that i just realised when i tried to install the package in firefox 3.x.x. If you are using any kind o script blocker(NoSxropt) ou need to allow the local link under Options, Advanced tab. Then go to Trust subtabs and check the Allow Local links. That should work...well worked for me...now if you are using any other script blocker im afraid that i can't teach the way

Deadly-Knight
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: A:[«AR»]
B:[~TLC~]
C:[DT]

Postby Deadly-Knight » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 03:45

MMagellan wrote:There is on thing that i just realised when i tried to install the package in firefox 3.x.x. If you are using any kind o script blocker(NoSxropt) ou need to allow the local link under Options, Advanced tab. Then go to Trust subtabs and check the Allow Local links. That should work...well worked for me...now if you are using any other script blocker im afraid that i can't teach the way

Thanks for the info ^^, will add and give you credits for this, in my guide.

Foxtrot-Zero
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby Foxtrot-Zero » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 03:29

Hello there.

I've come up with a graphics package for my personal use. Its based off of one, and i simply customized it by replacing some images with either my own, or ones intended for the same use, in the same file format and with the same name. I have no doubt the file will work correctly.

[img=http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9453/aeerror.png]

I use firefox 3, and i know that the problem is nobody has yet supplied a guide that works with Firefox 3.

Any clues?

"Didn't think anyone survived Pegassi, Sir."
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]

Postby AstroZombie » Sun 21 Jun, 2009 10:06

ok it took me a little while to figure it out because of the coding error. also i can say it works fine on gamma but you have to add to the coding as it only list up to epsi so just type in gamma.astroempires.com in the text.

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
DarkKnights
Guild: [R.I.P]

Postby DarkKnights » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 07:44

I.... give... UP!!!! I've been following EXACTLY as this and other one instructed me to do.... still gets BLANK freaking pages?!??!!?!?

Cabbage
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: E: [SiN]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Cabbage » Sat 26 Sep, 2009 10:22

DarkKnights wrote:I.... give... UP!!!! I've been following EXACTLY as this and other one instructed me to do.... still gets BLANK freaking pages?!??!!?!?
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it doesn't work, go there and use the easier way.

febostaf
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby febostaf » Sat 03 Oct, 2009 06:35

Deadly-Knight wrote:#4- Go back on AE under Accounts/Graphics Packages and scroll down until you see an empty space to enter a path. There, you will write
C:/Games/Astro Empires Alpha
Not with \ but / . That's really important! Also, do not check the box just yet! Click Update.

i ALWAYS get "No File uploaded"

any help?

SatelliteYears-

Postby SatelliteYears- » Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:19

Heya Febo. How's it hanging? :P

When I first tried to get mine to work, it didn't change -anything- when I changed the display to 'graphics pack'. It turned out my problem was too many folders; the path I'd put down was C:/games/astroempires/something.

I changed it to just C:/astroempires and messed around a bit with the amount of folders and it worked perfectly. I'm not on my computer atm, if I was I'd copy and paste the exact path. Anyway, try simplifying the path on your computer a little. It might work!

lostwingman
Guild: SL
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby lostwingman » Wed 14 Oct, 2009 18:58

MMagellan wrote:There is on thing that i just realised when i tried to install the package in firefox 3.x.x. If you are using any kind o script blocker(NoSxropt) ou need to allow the local link under Options, Advanced tab. Then go to Trust subtabs and check the Allow Local links. That should work...well worked for me...now if you are using any other script blocker im afraid that i can't teach the way
Oh dear God thank you, thats what the problem was that I was having :D

DarkKnights
Guild: [R.I.P]

Postby DarkKnights » Fri 20 Nov, 2009 03:54

We have a new problem. Firefox has upgraded to a new Firefox 3 and everything is not working anymore as it used to for animated astros. Any news?

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”