My End-Game guide for free accounts

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Miscellanea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: My End-Game guide for free accounts

Postby Miscellanea » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 17:37

Don't build Command Centers on any bases but one. You will end up using the 20 space for nothing because you shouldn't stick more than 1 dread over your base in the first place.

Carolus Rex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Carolus Rex » Mon 15 Aug, 2011 20:50

This guide just been necroed thrice? :neutral2:

Simcity
Achilles
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Achilles » Mon 15 Aug, 2011 22:09

thrice

Go Go Power Rangers!
Thingymabobo

Postby Thingymabobo » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 14:13

Miscellanea wrote:Don't build Command Centers on any bases but one. You will end up using the 20 space for nothing because you shouldn't stick more than 1 dread over your base in the first place.

Higher level CC's get expensive to build after a while and take more time to build. I'd rather build a level 1 CC on another base that doesn't already have one that only costs 20 credits and that can be built instantly than spend thousands building an extra level on the one base that has all of my CC clustered together and has a 3 day build time. You're wasting a lot of credits and a lot of time by stacking all your CC on one base instead of spreading them around.

Another thing to consider is that even though the fleet over your one base is getting an incredible bonus for having all those CC stacked up under it, any fleets you leave over the rest of your bases are getting nothing. Your enemies are going to be hitting every base EXCEPT the one that has all the CC stacked up on it. When those bases end up getting occ'ed, you will NEED that bonus from the CC to liberate it. If you've already built up all your space with no CC, then you are going to have to tear something down to build them which means temporarily killing the construction, production, energy output or economy of that base and wasting time and credits again later when you think you no longer need the CC and try to return the base to where it was before. You also aren't saving any space in the bigger picture because the 20 CC you don't build on one base just ends up getting built on another. All you're doing is sacrificing space on one base to make room on another and the base where all your CC end up getting stacked then suffers a space shortage.

The question really is, is it better to have 10 CC on 10 bases or 100 CC on one?

Callum
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby Callum » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 16:15

All on one.

A single CC is irrelevant, 20 can completely change the way you hit a fleet over the astro.

That is all.
VGM of Alpha
Naftal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Naftal » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 16:42

I don't think it really matters if you have a free account with 20cc on one base and none on the others. You will probably never fight on that 20cc base.

Thingymabobo

Postby Thingymabobo » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 17:50

Callum wrote:All on one.

A single CC is irrelevant, 20 can completely change the way you hit a fleet over the astro.

That makes no sense at all. How much more money and time is it going to take to build all your command centers on one base? You're also leaving the rest of your bases defenseless. I thought the point of this game was to maximize the use of your money and time and not waste it? That 20th or whatever CC is going to be expensive as hell and take a long time to build. If you just need one additional CC to take one more enemy base, then you want it up and running right now, not hours or days from now. And who says you'd stop at just one command center? Why not build 20 CC on all your bases? Eventually you are going to get occ'ed on those bases and then you don't have the attack bonus to help liberate it. And what happens as your empire grows and you need to take a lot of bases to maintain your fleet? Are you really trying to tell me that it's realistic to build 50 or 100 CC on one base and none on the rest? You'd never be able to afford to stack more CC on the same base after a while. That last CC would cost you more to build than you would get from the base that you want to occ.

If you're talking about building CC for fleet protection then maybe building a level one by itself doesn't mean much but if you need one fast so you can occ a neighbors base while he's away fighting someone else then it makes sense to throw one up quickly somewhere else because it will be cheap and it will be up in just a few minutes. Trying to build one on top of an existing stack that takes hours or days to build and drains your cash isn't doing you any good at all.

Mattzo
Volunteer
Volunteer
Guild: -Min-

Postby Mattzo » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 19:15

Thingymabobo wrote:
Callum wrote:All on one.

That makes no sense at all. How much more money and time is it going to take to build all your command centers on one base? You're also leaving the rest of your bases defenseless. I thought the point of this game was to maximize the use of your money and time and not waste it? That 20th or whatever CC is going to be expensive as hell and take a long time to build. If you just need one additional CC to take one more enemy base, then you want it up and running right now, not hours or days from now. And who says you'd stop at just one command center? Why not build 20 CC on all your bases? Eventually you are going to get occ'ed on those bases and then you don't have the attack bonus to help liberate it. And what happens as your empire grows and you need to take a lot of bases to maintain your fleet? Are you really trying to tell me that it's realistic to build 50 or 100 CC on one base and none on the rest? You'd never be able to afford to stack more CC on the same base after a while. That last CC would cost you more to build than you would get from the base that you want to occ.

If you're talking about building CC for fleet protection then maybe building a level one by itself doesn't mean much but if you need one fast so you can occ a neighbors base while he's away fighting someone else then it makes sense to throw one up quickly somewhere else because it will be cheap and it will be up in just a few minutes. Trying to build one on top of an existing stack that takes hours or days to build and drains your cash isn't doing you any good at all.

Unless you have an awful lot of occs, or are constantly freeing your bases (if this is the case, you are doing something wrong) it makes much more sense to put all your CCs on one base.

Because CCs increase your fleet attack power, and you're not going to have much fleet on your bases (again, unless you're doing it wrong) there is no need to waste credits and time building CCs on every base. Now, there'll be one base where you do like to keep your 'mobile', and so this is where you put your x CCs. Now while it won't protect your fleet as such, it makes it a much bigger pain to kill. Thus your CCs serve two purposes - they allow you to have your x number of occs, and if anyone tries to shoot your mobile over your base it'll cause them to loose much more fleet.

Now if you need to build a CC quickly to grab an occ, then by all means use a base without any. But scattering CCs about serves no usual purpose by itself, all it does is use up energy/population/area for no real benefit.

Edit: To some extent it'll depend what server you're playing.
Last edited by Mattzo on Sun 04 Sep, 2011 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant. You're not supposed to pay so much attention to Bruskie's morale ambivalence... you are supposed to be the grounded one!
Yupi
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yupi » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 02:47

I build CCs only for the occupation limit. It's a waste of time and credits to build them all on one base instead of spreading them. If you're in a situation where you need the CCs for offensive reasons, you're probably doomed anyways.

Cross server hate - ruining servers since Gamma.
Cowbacca
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: -
BSMF
AYAYA
DWARF
RAVE

Postby Cowbacca » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 13:47

If you're in a guild like BSMF on Ceti, having an epic fortress base is a must, as all who invade us learn to their cost.

Ceti: [BSMF]
Delta: ex-[5555]
Epsilon: Ancestor of [DWARF]
Fenix: [RAVE]
Gamma: Founder of [(-o-)]
Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Tue 25 Oct, 2011 21:12

Cowbacca wrote:If you're in a guild like BSMF on Ceti, having an epic fortress base is a must, as all who invade us learn to their cost.

Learn to cream profit in.

Fortress's are useless with fleets as big as they are, people can just crash 10mil FTs into you for profit.

SHLD GM

Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Wed 26 Oct, 2011 02:43

Ancient Emperor wrote:This guide just been necroed thrice? :neutral2:

It's in Tutorials & Guides, you can't "necro" it.

You can, however, necro a single post in that thread, by replying to it over 2 months later.

Cowbacca
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
BSMF
AYAYA
DWARF
RAVE

Postby Cowbacca » Wed 26 Oct, 2011 14:14

Nagel wrote:
Cowbacca wrote:If you're in a guild like BSMF on Ceti, having an epic fortress base is a must, as all who invade us learn to their cost.

Fortress's are useless with fleets as big as they are, people can just crash 10mil FTs into you for profit.

Did you not look at the battle reports from the last invasion? Pretty much all the times we were online over our fortresses we made mincemeat of the attackers.

Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Sun 30 Oct, 2011 16:58

Cowbacca wrote:
Nagel wrote:

Did you not look at the battle reports from the last invasion? Pretty much all the times we were online over our fortresses we made mincemeat of the attackers.

Indeed, but the major factor was you being online. Had you being offline then you would have being messed up, just as we did to some of your fleets on some of the forts.

My point is, people build these things to make their mobile/supply fleets unprofitable when they are offline, and they do not do that. Yes hitting someone with 100mil fleet over 25CCs when they are online is MESSY (as you lot proved), but its rare and you were online. Had he being offline profit would have being gained.

SHLD GM

Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Cowbacca
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
BSMF
AYAYA
DWARF
RAVE

Postby Cowbacca » Sun 30 Oct, 2011 19:05

It's rare to catch a BSMF fleet offline because we text/call people when their fleet is in danger. I agree that building CC to defend whilst offline is silly.

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”