New & Improved: The Beginner's Guide to the First Seven Days

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

VaporT

Re: New & Improved: The Beginner's Guide to the First Seven Days

Postby VaporT » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:23

I am not sure it is possible to successfully get 10 planets in 7 days with a few caveats.
- If you start on first day or two of the new galaxy you should be able to avoid trouble.
- If you are in a guild who will offer protection or scare off attacks.

If either of those two conditions are not the case, then you won't make it. You will need lots more defense than the guide says. In fact the guide is not very explicit on how much defense you will need.

hideAndSeek
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby hideAndSeek » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:09

first, just a heads up, this guide is for AE 1.5 version. Version 2.0 bases are more expensive.

If there are people able to attack your bases, there are people that you are able to attack. Meaning, you can do credits out of them. That guide is actually to get 10 bases without making any "extra credits" , just simming(in case you dont know, simming is when a player evolves an account only with the credits of the hourlly income and disrrigards the use of those credits to make fleet). So if there are people for you to attack and with a bit luck you can even make more then 10 bases. I´ve seen people making up to 14 bases in less then 7 days because they were In a medium age server, where there are inactive accounts with low lvl enough to attack and get credits from.

If a player thinks defenses are the solution, the player is already doomed in AE. Guild and fleet are the best defenses. Guilds dominate galaxies with fleet and kill everyone that is an enemy on that galaxy, thus very very few or no worries with defenses. It exists people playing with lots and LOTS of defenses, THIS PLAYERS NEVER DOMINATE A GALAXY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE FLEET TO IMPOSE RESPECT. With this strategy the payer will never get a meaningfull fleet (nothing close to what you see on the ranks).

It is just needed for an enemy to catch a players little fleet on the players turtled base to make it worth it to attack the base regardless of the excessive defenses, because the debris generated from derbing the fleet will compensate the extra losses from going through the abnormal use of defenses.
But just another heads up, it is not needed to have profit to OCC(attack) a player base ; it is just needed for a player to be on the wrong guild in the wrong galaxy, and the Guild that dominates that galaxy will occ the base of that player regardless the losses.
Players also occ anything just for the sake of not being so bored doing nothing, they can then permantly occuppy that base and gain an hourlly income that might compensate depending on the will to fight back of the player that is being occd..

Anyways, ususally defenses are, 5 missile turrets( 1 lvl ) before going over lvl 10 on the bases the player has... then depending on how much enemies the player has arround him he can go until 15 missile turrtes ( 3 lvls ) . then later going to ion turrets ( lvl 2 at most ).

If the player does not intend or can not get into the guild that dominates the galaxy and insists on keeping on enemy territory, the best the player can do is calculating how much losses an enemy gets from attacking his base and not raise economy on the base according to those losses (the bigger the eco the base has, the bigger the pillage the enemy will get). This is another reason in why turtle players can not get big fleets, because their accounts have to be hindered to not be profitable to not be attacked, they evolve first defenses and then a little bit the eco.. but as I mentioned sometimes it is not needed to have profit.

only turrets that players should use : missile turrets , ion turrets , photton turrets , disrrupter turrets . Do not mix very weak turrets with much more stronger turrets ; like missile with photton, or ion with disrrupters.
The stongest defense is then P.Rings ..

VaporT

Postby VaporT » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:23

Thanks, H and S. I was wanting to be the attacking style of player but as this is my first round ever, i may not be prepared. I certainly do not want to turtle up but I am not stronger than players with another 1/3 more player levels. Of course there is a guild that is dominant but not sure my friends want to join with the #1 team in our galaxy. We have to decide if we want to fight and die or join up.

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”