Base Development Chart

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Arjani
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Base Development Chart

Postby Arjani » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:40

Base Development Chart

Lately I've seen a couple of spreadsheets for calculating base structures floating around... so I thought I'd throw in my own and see what people think of it.

This spreadsheet is basically here to help you design the optimal structure combination for your bases. Use it to figure out what's the most cost-efficient way to develop your base. You can also use it to find out what astros (and what astro stats) are good to build on.

A picture (or chart :biglaugh: ) speaks a thousand words, so instead of writing an essay explaining what it does, I'll just show you what it looks like:

Manual

I think the chart is fairly intuitive, and I've got quick notes explaining what is what. But here's a primer for those of you who like to RTFM.

The only sheet that matters is the one called "Simulator". The "Structure Costs" is just there to help with calculations - you don't ever need to read it or do anything with it.

The figures in bold red are all you need to fill in to make the calculations work. They appear in 3 boxes: base stats, techs/commander, and structure levels. For biosphere mod, p-shields and p-rings, figure out whether you're building on a planet, moon, or roid, and type the number into the correct row.

The figures in bold blue give you the total credit cost of building that base from scratch (excluding the cost of colonising the astro :P ), and the base cons/prod/res caps + econ.

The figures in green tell you whether you've got enough area, energy, and population to keep building. Keep all 3 figures positive as you fiddle with the chart ;)

One you've gotten the red numbers filled in, everything else will be calculated for you. The "Cost" column tells you how much it costs to raise each of those buildings from scratch to the level you've entered. The next 7 columns tell you how each building affects the various stats of the base - they're there mostly to help with calculations, you don't really need to look at them.

The interesting numbers appear in the italics columns. They tell you how cost-efficient each building is. For example, if it says "1457" in the metal refineries column, it means it'll cost 1457 credits to get +1 to cons/prod cap with refineries. Use it to balance out your structure combinations.

CAVEAT: The italics numbers only take into account the cost of the structure itself, and not additional considerations like the energy/area/pop required for the building. So you'll have to add in some estimates yourself to get the true cost of the structure.

The stuff in the purple areas up the top don't affect anything. They're just there in case you want to jot down some notes.

Finally, the charts lined up on the spreadsheet are identical to each other. I just personally like to have heaps of charts to work with, so I can compare different builds.

Download

Excel

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

OpenOffice.org Calc

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

If you find any typos/errors in the chart, please let me know! I've been using it for months now, and never had any problems with it. But I've done quite a bit of reformatting to make it "presentable" to the public, so for all I know I could have screwed up some formulas in the process :biglaugh: And I wrote this with OpenOffice, so I dunno how the Excel version will work out.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome! Talk to me here, or via in-game PM.

EDIT: Fixed broken image link.
Last edited by Arjani on Thu 21 May, 2009 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

RA -S- SIR -- TEC Enigma DS Riddle -- LOVE -- OSHI- WL -- 1st -- SoT
My guild, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be spinned right.
Crazy Rabbit
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Base Development Chart

Postby Crazy Rabbit » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:04

Nine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alpha Server Player W00T
In Game Name: Mr Rabbit
In Game Guild: Consulis in Armis
Image Image
johnnyblue9
Guild: [-S-]

Postby johnnyblue9 » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:09

looks great :mrgreen:

johnz888

Postby johnz888 » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:27

Thanks a lot!! :clap: Good job

Ikari
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Guild: NERV

Postby Ikari » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 16:10

Moved to Tutorials & Guides

Arjani
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Arjani » Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:30

Thanks Ikari :mrgreen:

My guild, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be spinned right.
JAX STARBLADE

Postby JAX STARBLADE » Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:40

Fine work, Arjani... yet again! :clap:
However, I would expect nothing less from an android. :think: :wink:

Balance Of Judgement
Banned
Banned
Guild: I:[PEACE]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Balance Of Judgement » Sun 29 Mar, 2009 03:50

Interesting tool to help prevent members from arguing over how to build a base among other things :)

Well done :clap:

Kenyi wrote:... You posting underaged catgirls and little shotas is disgusting...

BoJ - An accomplished TT'er
Ihazevich
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Ihazevich » Wed 15 Apr, 2009 00:39

Very good chart!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ceti - Ihazevich
Supreme Ruler of the Covent Race
Proud member of [TMG]Templar Maniacs of Green

Sadiver

Postby Sadiver » Tue 14 Jul, 2009 15:34

Thanks for this great download

Marcellus Wallace
Guild: A: -Min-
E: Fate

Postby Marcellus Wallace » Mon 14 Sep, 2009 21:00

Very nice. However, I noticed it was undercalcing all my base ecos by exactly the same number. The one thing missing is that if you have a capital, it affects all of the base ecos, not just the base with the capital. Very nice spreadsheet, though.

Arjani
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Arjani » Tue 15 Sep, 2009 03:09

Thanks guys :)

I've made a new version, where the cost efficiency of each additional structure is calculated only by the next level of the structure, and doesn't include what you paid for all the previous levels. I think this way of calculating it is more accurate. I would post up a link, but I'm also planning to add in energy/area/pop considerations, so I thought I'd wait until I've gotten around to doing that before posting anything.

(I hope what I said made sense. I'm more than a little sleep-deprived at the moment :paranoid: )

kyuubi
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [-Min-]

Postby kyuubi » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 17:17

Wow !
+1 for all that slaving

[-RD-]Hades
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [AYAYA]

Postby [-RD-]Hades » Sun 07 Feb, 2010 14:05

That is pretty good:)

Delta- [AYAYA] Hades
and only delta now:)
Wuggla

Postby Wuggla » Thu 12 May, 2011 20:25

omm PLEASE TELL HOW TO GET IT TO WORK
i went to Rapaid fire and opened acount then uplaoded the file for it then it say canot download it
so can i view it in ypu rapidfire acount or do ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”