Extensive guide to fleet building and fleet types.

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

xxthelasthopexx

Re: Extensive guide to fleet building and fleet types.

Postby xxthelasthopexx » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 15:57

not to intrude on you guy's arguments on which fleet build is the best, but i was wondering as a new player i have the research done for both HC and regular Crusiers, i know at this point it probably wont matter which 2 ships i can afford to build but i was wondering which is best for active raiding in a new galaxy in the long run. i know its a personal preference but just some suggestions would be helpful

Im Good Not God
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Alpha:[Ucorp]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Im Good Not God » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 18:35

xxthelasthopexx wrote:not to intrude on you guy's arguments on which fleet build is the best, but i was wondering as a new player i have the research done for both HC and regular Crusiers, i know at this point it probably wont matter which 2 ships i can afford to build but i was wondering which is best for active raiding in a new galaxy in the long run. i know its a personal preference but just some suggestions would be helpful

If it was me I would go with HCs as they can shield rape fighters.

Halo wrote:The pact is supposed to give you a fighting chance not protect suck and fail.
IronWolf wrote:Yes, i'm a real *beep* :P
MrGarnet
Guild: RD
Galaxy: Helion

Postby MrGarnet » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 18:49

xxthelasthopexx wrote:not to intrude on you guy's arguments on which fleet build is the best, but i was wondering as a new player i have the research done for both HC and regular Crusiers, i know at this point it probably wont matter which 2 ships i can afford to build but i was wondering which is best for active raiding in a new galaxy in the long run. i know its a personal preference but just some suggestions would be helpful
Ultimately, it depends on the targets you're facing and the fleet specs of the rest of your guild. If your guild has a lot of CR specs and few HC specs, go HC, and go CR if the opposite is true. If there's a lot of turtled bases or anticap stacks, go CR. If there's a lot of FT swarms or cap stacks, go HC. CR stacks also tend to do slightly better against rainbows than HCs (unless the rainbow fleet is FT/CV heavy), but generally neither HCs or CRs will be going after large rainbow fleets without help, and any spec can eat a small rainbow without much difference in ratios.

Callum
Volunteer
Volunteer
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Callum » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 20:01

If you have just got the tech for them, I wouldn't worry.

Until you have fleets in the millions, specs are very easy to change.

That is all.
VGM of Alpha
kleus

Postby kleus » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 07:59

Fun how these things work out.

I've been away from this game for the past 2 years and now, coming back to it, i need to read my own guide to learn back what is now long forgotten.

Btw my english was crap back then, hopefully it's better now! =)

War, War never changes...

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”