Rich dad, Poor dad (AE version)

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

JigokuShoujo
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A: Ni/MIN
O:ADHD/OFATE
Andro: MJ
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Rich dad, Poor dad (AE version)

Postby JigokuShoujo » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 18:20

Winchester wrote:Re: non-metal 3 choices.

Each metal is one production per metal refinery. Five refineries = five production. Ten refineries = ten production. So on and so on. If we're limiting ourselves to fairly early game, assume twenty refineries - that's twenty production. Now multiply that by sixteen, and you get 320. Add in level 10 cybernetics and you're at 480. That's 480 credits of production per hour that you're missing if you're using a metal 2 option. That's 11,520 a day, 345,600 a month, and 4,147,200 a year. Meanwhile, your construction slows down, because metal refineries also add to construction. Everything slows down, because you can't get research labs up as fast, or terraforms, or spaceports, or android factories. Your entire account slows down. Even if it's minor at first, it adds up. In a side-by-side comparison, with all else equal, who do you think pulls ahead? The person with that extra four million fleet at the end of the second year, or the person who had to build three fewer fusion plants?

QED, mother*beep*er.
everyone know person with fewer energy structure "win".

Maji ~ what is the math on the cost of xtra terraforming/multilevels minus savings on prings? vs. Rockies?

You make me violate you, no matter who you are!
Alpha and Omega. when in doubt i blame Grover.
JokeySmurf wrote:you guys i have a feeling you are not going to win against this one. Jig seems, Determined.
Breech Loader

Postby Breech Loader » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 18:30

kinggussie wrote:lol I thought energy was terrible at 4th pos?
It is. But everybody's so frikkin' insistent on how great Rocky Planets are in every situation and position... which depends.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 08:48

4th position, solar is bad, gas is +1

so RP 4th is Metal 3+ Fert 5 + Gas 3 = 11. Acceptable

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Breech Loader

Postby Breech Loader » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 13:10

Is there a thread around here on the Protection Rules?

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby SilverKnight » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 07:45

using protection rules to avoid fighting is really silly

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Vault Boy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [TI]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Vault Boy » Fri 15 Apr, 2016 18:24

Breech Loader wrote:Is there a thread around here on the Protection Rules?
Why? You probably wouldnt read it anyway :wall: :whisle:

solace wrote: VBII (Tricky)
Unlucky Colin :dance:
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 05:26

Breech Loader wrote:If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll be wrong and I'll accept I'm wrong and I'll just have to start over in a new galaxy. But you said it yourself, theories continue to gradually change. I haven't been using the same theory for a decade, so my empire will probably look pretty different to that of others. At this moment, Production is nothing without the cash to back it up. Expansion is making me very poor indeed right now.

Shipyards are a little like Research Labs - there's no point in having 20 of them spread around the galaxy; you need to find a way to stack them high on selected planets. High production just means you turn off your fleet fast; it doesn't make your fleet better.
At very early in the game (where you were when we were having this discussion, sorry I was pulled away unavoidably), economy is in fact the most important concern. It never really stops being important, production just grows in importance until it surpasses econ. But even in the beginning you still build production when the econ they give is equal to what you'd get for the same credits invested in an econ center (space ports are more valuable since trade routes give a major boost at certain levels). But when you're doing something like choosing a new base, which will have its biggest effects a long way down the road, you should do so with production > all in mind.
Breech Loader wrote:Check your trade routes. Rich Dad has good trade routes.
On all his bases. With as many unique trades as possible (though the effect isn't enough early on to worry too much about).

Winchester wrote: In a side-by-side comparison, with all else equal, who do you think pulls ahead? The person with that extra four million fleet at the end of the second year, or the person who had to build three fewer fusion plants?
Significantly more than 4 million if he was able to use that extra construction to its fullest potential. You did mention construction briefly but I thought it bore repeating.

JigokuShoujo wrote:everyone know person with fewer energy structure "win".

Maji ~ what is the math on the cost of xtra terraforming/multilevels minus savings on prings? vs. Rockies?
Just the costs:
Savings on an Asteroid for first level of prings: 37500 credits
Cost of level 2 + 3 MLPs (20 Area): 37500 credits

Asteroid savings on 3 levels of rings: 178,125
Level 6+7 MLPs: 189,843 credits

If you ever need to build more than 3 levels of rings you might want to rethink your strategy. Same if you build more than one in the first year.

But that's not the whole story. That 20 extra area means probably at least 50*cyber extra construction per base before you need to build those TF/MLP, which means you don't have to wait as long for the TF/MLP to finish building, and other structures provide their benefits more quickly as well. The snowball effect is similar to that of 3-metal vs. 2-metal.

Breech Loader wrote:Is there a thread around here on the Protection Rules?
http://mira.astroempires.com/help.aspx?show=newbies
In order to protect newbies (new players) the following rules are applied:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players with level<10 - Player bases can’t be attacked.

Players with level>=10 and Level<20 - Bases can only be attacked by players within 5 levels difference.

Players with level>=20 and level<30 - Bases can only be attacked by a player within 10 levels difference.

These protections are only valid on the player's bases and not to his fleets outside of his bases or to unguarded trade routes. They also do not apply to guild members' fleets on his bases.

These protections are not valid in occupied bases if the attack is done by the occupier or someone from the same guild.

If a protected player attacks others over the protection level outside his bases he loses his protection for 48 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a player attacks/occupies a player less than 65% of their level;

then they only get x% of the pillage/trade route plunder/occupation income.

x% = Defender level / Attacker level x 100%

If a player attacks a player less than 65% of their level;

Max number of attacking fighters that can target a unit in a combat round = 2 x unit size.

However, if you start surrounded by stronger players, it is recommended that you join a guild as soon as possible, to gain protection from stronger players.

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”