Rich dad, Poor dad (AE version)

Read and comment on our tutorials and user guides here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rich dad, Poor dad (AE version)

Postby Morfraen » Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:21

Nagel wrote:Also, with an area soft cap on bases, at some point those econ structures are going to cost you prod.

Not really. Spaceports 30 and econ 20 are so cheap relative to something like android 15-17 that the extra support structure costs hardly matter.

Morfraen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Morfraen » Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:24

Nagel wrote:
xJudicatorx wrote:Unless you're making enough debris to run double prod, construction, and tech constantly(not completely impossible, but very difficult), extra economy will never be wasted. As I'm sure you know, the higher construction costs for prod structures become, the more valuable low level econ structures become.

I do agree, but people should not start throwing up those Economy structures till they start closing in on 'finishing' their bases and Production structures are so expensive.

Completely disagree. Getting spaceports 20-25 and econ 10-15 is vital early on when you won't have enough fleet to keep things running through farming. That's just the 1st few months of the game though. spaceports 30 is definately something you don't do until you're 'maxing out' your production structures and basically running out of things to build.

Callum
Volunteer
Volunteer
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Callum » Mon 29 Nov, 2010 10:51

Morfraen wrote:
Nagel wrote:Also, with an area soft cap on bases, at some point those econ structures are going to cost you prod.

Not really. Spaceports 30 and econ 20 are so cheap relative to something like android 15-17 that the extra support structure costs hardly matter.

SP 30 costs the same as AF 17...

That is all.
VGM of Alpha
Quasar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Quasar » Sun 12 Dec, 2010 08:47

Econ is the most important statistic for an account for the first six months. SP up to 25, econ center up to 10+, are must haves. If you don't agree then you just don't understand the game, period. "Prod cap" is a worthless statistic until you are capable of running prod 24/7, have 18+ bases, AND are earning a higher long-run yield rate off of prod than off of construction.

My posts appear a little naked without some yellow at the bottom.
Firefox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Firefox » Sun 02 Jan, 2011 04:32

Duh.. what is this red button that says "A-tack"?

I obviously don't know the game since I went for 25 SPs but NO Econ centers. Supplimented income by attacks on poorly defended bases, so I'd say decent defences are a must to keep your bases safe from people like me, so that point I'll disagree on. Another one is the need to lure an attack onto your base to locate enemy fleets. That's wasteful and damaging to your econ and base when all you need is to do some serious scouting. The rest look ok.

Miscellanea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Miscellanea » Sun 02 Jan, 2011 13:30

You need to balance the 2 limiting factors, at first. (Construction and economy obviously.)

You keep improving your bases where improving what's behind on the other limiting factor is cheapest in order to acquire the base of your choosing as soon as possible.

Once you have the construction, you start balancing out construction further on the go. As you improve production facilities your economy will further increase, which will mean you have to improve construction as well. Construction & economy should be as close to each other as possible. ;)

LesCrow
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: LOVE family of guilds.

Postby LesCrow » Sun 02 Jan, 2011 18:50

High econ is good but there is a lot more turn over in approaching the game production heavy and aggressively the second armor levels average around 21 and that's like 40 days into a server based of Juno tech development rates. And if you're a con commander user the xp you get also directly converts to credits plus you'll be killing other accounts thereby asserting dominance( things will generally get easier if you're the superior figure). IMO there is nothing more important than high production cap as long as you're actively on a campaign to farm the entire server into submission, if you're a simmer whore or you have long waiting periods between farm runs then econ might be the way to go. The diversity in the way the game can be played is why I like ae :D

EX: (-o-)/DS(G), SPORK/LOVE(H), I: WL/AUDI(I), UFP/1st(J), SoT(K), DREAM(L)WL(M).
armenia4ever wrote:Seriously, there's not much point to playing when its the Miami Heat vs the local highschool basketball team. Move on to another game and win there.
Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Nagel » Mon 03 Jan, 2011 01:50

Relying on economy is bound to fail you in the end.

I have an empire cap of 41K+, even the highest economy would put less then a 1/3 of a dent in that. Long term economy is nothing but a means to run Construction during the good times, and minor Production during the bad times.

SHLD GM

Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
deckra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: CREAM
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby deckra » Sat 05 Feb, 2011 06:34

/necro

this needs to stay near the top IMO. IT's rather important actually.

SilverKnight
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Royal
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby SilverKnight » Sat 12 Nov, 2011 06:06

With the change in the derb formula, The production structures are more important EARLIER, you will get more derbz at low levels.

http://silverknight1966.blogspot.com/
http://silverknightonae.tumblr.com
In before lock doesn't count when you are the one asking for it :neutral2: -Themis
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 13 Nov, 2011 01:35

SilverKnight wrote:With the change in the derb formula, The production structures are more important EARLIER, you will get more derbz at low levels.

Until OSY, I don't think a lot changes as far as structures are concerned, and by that time you'd have already transitioned to fleet building. Fleet building will be a higher priority sooner, however.

You still need econ to jumpstart your fleet building.

Then again I could be totally wrong. We'll see.

xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xJudicatorx » Sun 13 Nov, 2011 05:54

In general, fleet is used for galaxy lock-downs far before it is profitable. This change to debris generation should help the more aggressive players, but I don't believe it will do so to the extent that it will unbalance the ratio of economic structures to production structures - particularly since players reading this guide will have profitable fleet within 3 weeks maximum anyway.

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook
Soundwave
Banned
Banned

Postby Soundwave » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 15:30

The purpose of this guide is to show players the difference between good players and bad ones. It is not a matter of skill or effort as there are skilled players who put a lot of effort into being a farm and there are worthless players who barely check in on the game and stay in the top 200 without even trying. The first step to becoming better is learning just how much you still need to improve and how easy it can be.

Somebody posted link to this ... guide in Mira...

HAH! I rad first line , and its so full of c**** . This line shows how really some players cant understand the game... Ill try to explain it , in real simple way.

The isue here is this :

stay in the top 200 without even trying

What is the problem in this? For me , i never wanted , at any point in my six years of playing , to be ANYWHERE in the rankings list. Only thing that i resepcted a little is a exp ranking level , but that is also disputable , as player can sim and be killed , and then get exp , or , player can kill his own guildmates all the time , and gain exp.

Look ppl. For me , it is a big diference , player who is :
"skilled players who put a lot of effort into being a farm"
and
"worthless players who barely check in on the game and stay in the top 200 without even trying"

You see firs words there? Skilled , and , worthless?

I knwo , there are players who do every kind of tricks , lying , stealling , backstabing , databases , scouting scripts , paying money etc etc etc , to be top ranked. These players will allways show up top ranked. Why? Even if they are defeted , kileld their accounts permocced , they will simply , PAY MONEY to get some account etc etc etc and become top again. There is a big diference , between , beeing ranked in some place , or be skileld in something.

You can get gold medal if you took not allowed supstances! you will be praised! you just need to be skilled to not be cought.

Be carefull , anybody who reads this. There is a big danger in "showing" the ppl diference between good and bad ones. Main thing , to be good player in ae is to fall in one standard that says , you need to value credits MORE then you value anything else!

With this value , you will become top ranked player. How? All your effort you will invest in gatehring credits , in any way possible , and you will be top. Trust me ppl. There are players who stayrt several accounts in new servers , just to get boost on one of their accounts , so they can be top.

And thats the problem in above sentence.

ps. I dont take any sides here. Good player or bad player is a matter of persional opinion. But , i hate that some ppl proclaim specific group of ppl good or bad.

That is not fair , to both groups.

Quiting this *beep* game.

*beep* you all.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 15:38

Soundwave, just because you prefer sucking at the game to playing well, doesn't make the "best practices" presented in the OP any less ideal.

Also, did you even read the rest of the guide, or did you just see the first line and fly straight to the Reply button?

bigb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Undisclosed
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby bigb » Sun 19 May, 2013 05:46

Soundwave wrote:
e carefull , anybody who reads this. There is a big danger in "showing" the ppl diference between good and bad ones. Main thing , to be good player in ae is to fall in one standard that says , you need to value credits MORE then you value anything else![

I always thought of ae as being able to spend the most "credits" in the most effective way. This usually turns out to be me building spaceboats to blow up other's spaceboats.

Soundwave wrote:I knwo , there are players who do every kind of tricks , lying , stealling , backstabing , databases , scouting scripts , paying money etc etc etc , to be top ranked. These players will allways show up top ranked. Why? Even if they are defeted , kileld their accounts permocced , they will simply , PAY MONEY to get some account etc etc etc and become top again.

Yes, paying money for an account does increase its potential. However, money does not make a good account. Skill, time, and luck make an account. I have seen some piss poor upgraded accounts, after a year I have seen top ranked free accounts. Still the business prospective of AE is to make money and they offer a very beneficial product over the free version.

Scrubbing it up since 2009

Return to “Tutorials & Guides”