Guild: SPQR
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Alpha Hall of Fame

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Fri 01 Mar, 2024 21:11

Ice Pick wrote:
Thu 19 Aug, 2021 16:00
Brogren wrote:
Sat 29 May, 2021 19:41
If your definition of playing the game is zerging people down then maybe. Didnt think that was IPs style though.
So who did I zerg?

Y'all can keep talking about what I was doing/intending/going to do till you are blue in the face :D - I did not want a SW of any kind zerg or not can ask Mackieboy and WKoA as I specifically remember telling them they are twats for wanting a SW they largely bailed out of...
The new 2 sided server is a reaction to your attempt to PH GRLL & 13th because talking to me was and seems to be impossible for your LS ^^
Or maybe it was a case of people assuming Ice Pick would do what they would do :think:
Few years late but I can vouch for my favorite Eastern EU drunk here, he was anti-squaring up with SHLD/Borg to the very end.
I took over 13th from inside, culled most of the (at the time) completely/mostly inactive players, got a bunch of formerly inactives to be at least responsive to crash conditions, got Hero and I think one or two of his buddies to come over to help with running things and then convinced IP to merge 13th into CRUEL so that we could cull the remaining inactives for the side of the server I actually liked. Server had been two-sided for years whether IP wanted to recognize it or not, because 13th was already a carcass by the time I was in charge. An illusion of there being a 3rd side just due to their size.

And ya'll found out about the merger through a spy account both IP and whoever was in charge of SHLD at the time(can't remember his name) both were using and IP failed to disclose that to me/didn't think it was a concern because he was just that good faith towards you guys. Until you guys forced it by trying to crash 13th right before the merger took place(omegalul btw since I got 99% of the guild out in time) he was ready to sniff Nagel's toes until the end of days. But you showed your true colors and the man could no longer live in denial.

Zerging claims are quite rich though from the bloc that had pacted 50-70% of the remaining guilds on the server, mandated that they all take up residence in A09 and sit there jerking each other off forever while actively interfering in any wars affecting any of those guilds and then passing 13th/IMP round like bongs to fight on and off while IP just sat around vibin.

No regrets on bailing though, the energy/activity Mac10 and I had gotten rolling had become fleeting by the time we finally got the war to break out and I wasn't about to pilot 70 accounts with life picking up steam and getting busy. Unfortunate L that could have been a W if IP didn't think you guys were the nicest and totally not zerg players ever for something like 2-3 years straight. But was still a fun ride from Immortals all the way to being GM of 13th even if the ending was anti climactic(for you guys more than myself, the fact this war I had a major hand in starting is still going on is hilarious to me).

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR
VGM of Immortals
GM of 13th as PotmArrows
Architect of the server war you're stuck in now forever
Love you Nagel
Brogren
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
A : SHLD

Postby Brogren » Sat 02 Mar, 2024 14:46

Right. 3 and a half years later :P

Before you became GM of 13th, IP had asked Wang if I would be ok with going to A19 and kill the dead block. I said no.
CLS asks if they can blob in the lowers due to a war your side started. We say fine and then you guys *beep* your pants because evil SHLD will definitely PH CLS. So end the war and get CLS to send to the 70s ASAP. (same thing you accuse us of doing regarding A09)
BORG decs on NPO and tells them to merc up the number diff, Mackie/Homer decides that this is the time to drive the wedge between me and IP. TI joins and decs on X.ORG and along comes a bunch of CRUEL mercs (including IP)
I ask that we just put the big X.ORG accs into BORG and enjoy a war without bullying all the mini accs in TI/X.ORG and whatever TIs sub guild was called. Get told no so we both add a mini guild of each side to the war.
Seeing NPO/CRUEL/TI actives war merge Nids asks if they can start blobbing in A09 again (they had been blobbing in the 20s since the 13th crash in 2015)

After this all communication with Ice Prick pretty much stopped because there was no good faith left.

You/13th puts few 13th accounts that beta people had taken over into a new guild (Emina) and declare war on Anime (which CRUEL was "protecting") SHLD interferes and Ice Prick gets fuming over how evil we were. And once that is settled, again radio silence from IP.
CRUEL decs on 13th with less than 1 hit a week pretty much to deny BORG/SHLD any war (since you had shown with the BORG/X.ORG vs NPO/TI war that NPO getting decced would not be appreciated ;) )

Numbers between SHLD/BORG + nid block vs 13th/CRUEL block was not looking good for us and we knew you were in charge of 13th, but didnt do much about it, and without any communication from IP to us, the merger is announced just expecting us to be "yes, this is good".

I didnt know the side not performing the merge is the one supposed to initiate the communication ;)

And while we didnt kill as much as would have liked, just getting a few fleets helped close some of the gap that was between the sides and plenty of actives now had good banks.

Edit: If I had got to decide how the server should have gone it would be passing BORG/SHLD passing the "blunt" of deccing all other guilds , I quite liked having 3-4 guilds that SHLD could dec and just rotate between them. Was it our fault that guilds couldnt handle being at war? We always gave at minimum 24h warning and set an end date if they asked for it. Hell, I decced CRUEL once they were in rotation and later we had a war against the actives in CRUEL anyway when they went over to NPO.

Whats being ignored here is that CRUEL was the third guild joining in on this blunt sharing. Both sides shared intel, same spies, allowed JG usage for years but with the understanding that neither side would let the other crash 13th. Not sure how people would imagine merging with 13th would go down well without any communication

Now we are indeed stuck in a SW that will go on for years, thankfully the numbers since the start has gone in the right direction, CRUEL has gone full turtle mode either relocating to the 70s or putting defence commanders on their bases. And now we can just wait.

13th PotMArrows wrote: Remember your place on Alpha Ancient Emperor.
[CLS] Oden wrote: You, you personally, are why this game is dieing.
KenJI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Rocket Dog

Postby KenJI » Mon 04 Mar, 2024 16:24

WKA you brought those beta guys that thought it would be a walk in the park in alpha and they managed to turn a 11B fleet advantage into a 13B fleet disadvantage.

I only regret Halo & Co not being here today so i could`ve wipe the floor with them.

Witch-King of Agmar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: SPQR

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Thu 04 Apr, 2024 20:21

KenJI wrote:
Mon 04 Mar, 2024 16:24
WKA you brought those beta guys that thought it would be a walk in the park in alpha and they managed to turn a 11B fleet advantage into a 13B fleet disadvantage.

I only regret Halo & Co not being here today so i could`ve wipe the floor with them.
Any askers?

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR
VGM of Immortals
GM of 13th as PotmArrows
Architect of the server war you're stuck in now forever
Love you Nagel

Return to “Alpha”