Alpha Hall of Fame

Vault Boy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [TI]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Alpha Hall of Fame

Postby Vault Boy » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 13:25

ViG90 wrote:so are you voting yes to Veno being in the HoF or are you making a case to have those 3 Min players from 2009 to be removed from it? i am a bit confused based on your 2 messages..
The HoF having randys in it has been one of wkoas pet peeves since he came back :lol:

No for Veno, good guy from what I hear, but good guys account builders and button pushers deserve a different place imo.

solace wrote: VBII (Tricky)
Unlucky Colin :dance:
ViG90
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: SHLD

Postby ViG90 » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 13:42

Diskor wrote:Nagel is jut beeping the crap out of WKoA to keep everyone remembers Nagel's carriers, in order to insue his name to be added in the HoF.
I help him a bit there. I will propose your name when you die Nagel, don't worry ;)
/kiss Nagel
the legend of Nagel's carriers might outlast the memory of Nagel himself.. even with a HoF entry as it will be just a reference to confirm the legend is real by those that choose to believe lol

:boohoo:

~diplo of SHLD~
Uncle Ben wrote:ViG90. Notorious conversation killer since 1981.
Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 20:10

I was already in the HoF when I quit the first time, then I made the mistake of coming back.

SHLD GM
Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Witch-King of Agmar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: SPQR

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 00:08

ViG90 wrote:so are you voting yes to Veno being in the HoF or are you making a case to have those 3 Min players from 2009 to be removed from it? i am a bit confused based on your 2 messages..
A bit of both I guess. I would say there is no reason not to include him based on many other players who've been placed in here but that if people are going to object to him being added they should take that objection further and look back through at all the other entrants very critically and decide what this HoF is supposed to be recognizing. Because there are a number of players in here that are only in here for being talkative players that everyone knew, not because they actually did anything that had substantial impact on Alpha's history, which is exactly how I'd describe Veno.

So under current standards for entry I think he belongs here, but I think we can make this thread better by improving the standards and removing entries that do not meet them, which would include Veno. They could perhaps be put into a new thread for memorable/popular players while keeping this one specifically for the famous/infamous of Alpha's history who truly affected the server during their time and after. Otherwise this thread is eventually going to be 10% people who actually impacted anything significant in Alpha's history and 90% account builders/forumers/friendly people. But that is just my opinion on what a "Hall of Fame" should/should not be about and I'm sure its not mutual with everyone.

I'm pretty tired but hopefully that all makes sense.

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR
VGM of Immortals
GM of 13th as PotmArrows
Architect of the server war you're stuck in now forever
Love you Nagel
Ice Pick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Ice Pick » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 00:40

I think some people already in the HoF don't necessarily belong in the HoF in my own opinion.

But the HoF was agreed upon by consensus/important egos around the time the players in the HoF quit... Long story short I don't see any reason or right to start revamping the HoF, it would be a bit like rewriting history and at this point would seem extremely petty.

-Catalyst-
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A:[GL]
E:[RD]

Postby -Catalyst- » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:13

pettiness in AE? say it isn't so!!!! :)

Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:28

Ice Pick wrote:I think some people already in the HoF don't necessarily belong in the HoF in my own opinion.

But the HoF was agreed upon by consensus/important egos around the time the players in the HoF quit... Long story short I don't see any reason or right to start revamping the HoF, it would be a bit like rewriting history and at this point would seem extremely petty.
This, and it is VERY important.

You are judging players who left in 2010 by your standards of impact in 2016, which is flawed. People were voted into the HoF at the time, for the impact they had on the server at the time.

Again, Saber and Yuki were before my time so no comment. But Alucard was on the same level as Scort when it came to people just pooping their pants if he went missing from a blob or showed up somewhere near you, and he was voted in on that reputation.

SHLD GM
Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
-Catalyst-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby -Catalyst- » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 19:01

It does become much harder to "impact" the server as it gets older...

When the server is a year old, you can find many who had huge impacts.

FeraMulti-kill
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: X.org

Postby FeraMulti-kill » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 01:00

Witch-King of Agmar wrote:
A bit of both I guess. I would say there is no reason not to include him based on many other players who've been placed in here but that if people are going to object to him being added they should take that objection further and look back through at all the other entrants very critically and decide what this HoF is supposed to be recognizing. Because there are a number of players in here that are only in here for being talkative players that everyone knew, not because they actually did anything that had substantial impact on Alpha's history, which is exactly how I'd describe Veno.

So under current standards for entry I think he belongs here, but I think we can make this thread better by improving the standards and removing entries that do not meet them, which would include Veno. They could perhaps be put into a new thread for memorable/popular players while keeping this one specifically for the famous/infamous of Alpha's history who truly affected the server during their time and after. Otherwise this thread is eventually going to be 10% people who actually impacted anything significant in Alpha's history and 90% account builders/forumers/friendly people. But that is just my opinion on what a "Hall of Fame" should/should not be about and I'm sure its not mutual with everyone.

I'm pretty tired but hopefully that all makes sense.
for example.... you do not deserve be here.

Witch-King of Agmar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: SPQR

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 22:11

FeraMulti-kill wrote:
for example.... you do not deserve be here.
At no point did I say I should be? What is even the point of this piss poor flame attempt? Go back to jumping fences and eating dirt you mongoloid.

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR
VGM of Immortals
GM of 13th as PotmArrows
Architect of the server war you're stuck in now forever
Love you Nagel
-Catalyst-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby -Catalyst- » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 02:31

i lol'd

Dongger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dongger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:25

How long do I have to play this game until the bar is lowered enough to to get me in here.

Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 13:15

Dongger wrote:How long do I have to play this game until the bar is lowered enough to to get me in here.
It is ok buddy, I will vote for you!

SHLD GM
Diskor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: EeY

Postby Diskor » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 13:40

Nagel wrote:
Dongger wrote:How long do I have to play this game until the bar is lowered enough to to get me in here.
It is ok buddy, I will vote for you!
Hum, lets say 30 bucks and you have my vote.

[¤EeY¤] Diskor
Settlers Forever - Back in AE.
Brogren
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
A : SHLD

Postby Brogren » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 13:42

Considering the noobs already in the HoF, I will gladly vote Donger in!

13th PotMArrows wrote: Remember your place on Alpha Ancient Emperor.
[CLS] Oden wrote: You, you personally, are why this game is dieing.

Return to “Alpha”