PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Re: A new guild?

Postby PowerVerde » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 17:50

SW? You mean weeks of blob staring for 1 to 2 days of actives killing actives, then semi actives killing inactos and then the losing side having heaps of drop outs? I don't see how that is any good for the server in the long run.

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
MasterSVB
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby MasterSVB » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 17:52

Rajam wrote:
MasterSVB wrote:
I still say we need another server war to try to increase AE activity
Unfortunately I don't think server wars increase activity.

They do increase hate & inactivity and if a crash happens, then a lot of quitting. In the long run they are probably bad for business.
Won't be no crashing cause both sides won't have enough activity to move 50-55B to crash the other... and Borg/Shld defidently won't go to the 70s cause you also have GRLL and TI whom aren't part of the war but are part of Cruel/13th allies,family.
Activity won't go down.. but only up.. cause of more Ops.. and more risks of losing/killing enemy fleets on Ops. Won't hurt to try a war for 8 weeks.. unlike past Server wars that lasted like 1-2 years.

MasterSVB
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby MasterSVB » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 17:54

PowerVerde wrote:SW? You mean weeks of blob staring for 1 to 2 days of actives killing actives, then semi actives killing inactos and then the losing side having heaps of drop outs? I don't see how that is any good for the server in the long run.
Weeks of blob staring? It's been 2 years of blob staring already.. and it will continue if a SW happens or Not for 8 weeks :) Also we are already killing off inactives if we have a War or not :)

Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Nagel » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 04:53

MasterSVB wrote:
Rajam wrote:
MasterSVB wrote:
I still say we need another server war to try to increase AE activity
Unfortunately I don't think server wars increase activity.

They do increase hate & inactivity and if a crash happens, then a lot of quitting. In the long run they are probably bad for business.
Won't be no crashing cause both sides won't have enough activity to move 50-55B to crash the other... and Borg/Shld defidently won't go to the 70s cause you also have GRLL and TI whom aren't part of the war but are part of Cruel/13th allies,family.
Activity won't go down.. but only up.. cause of more Ops.. and more risks of losing/killing enemy fleets on Ops. Won't hurt to try a war for 8 weeks.. unlike past Server wars that lasted like 1-2 years.

We could move that much in less than 2 days notice, but as you point out, even in a 3sided server you can't only shoot the other side you have to shoot both others.

SHLD GM
Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Vault Boy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [TI]

Postby Vault Boy » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 08:25

I mean, Jason can move 17b alone so good for you bagel.

solace wrote: VBII (Tricky)
Unlucky Colin :dance:
Brogren
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG
A : SHLD

Postby Brogren » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 15:46

Vault Boy wrote:I mean, Jason can move 17b alone so good for you bagel.
Fairly certain this number is far higher :scared:

13th PotMArrows wrote: Remember your place on Alpha Ancient Emperor.
[CLS] Oden wrote: You, you personally, are why this game is dieing.
Aergistal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Alpha: [CUBE]
Beta: [-PM-]

Postby Aergistal » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 18:11

The server don't need a new guild. Only a new way of doing business. And that is the CUBE way: free space pirates who don't obey the rules :)

Nagel
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Nagel » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 19:35

You say that likes it is easy getting that lazy slob to do anything!

SHLD GM
Qµeen Bruskie wrote:I was hoping you'd have enough sense to not be a retard. Too much credit I suppose.
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 22:10

Nagel wrote: You say that likes it is easy getting that lazy slob to do anything!
So, your saying Jason and Fred are the same person?

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 22:49

OP has requested lock. Here is a highlight reel that wraps up the thread. ~50bil cannot crash a 50bil defender blob because they wont have the 100% mobility/activity needed and would likely get massacred when the event crashes the server itself.

efanton wrote:well that time has come. after many years of service in the 13th family a difference of opinion has forced a situation where I must leave the 13th family.
solace wrote:Stay in 13th till the final slow death of Alpha OR start a new guild and try to get guys to join you.
Changing into another guild will not help much as the situation you describe is notable in most guilds to a greater or lesser extent.
efanton wrote:thanks solace, your offer is very much appreciated, and I definitely will consider it.

Yes alpha is on a slow but steady decline but there's still mileage and a bit of fun left in it for those that remain active.
Dongger wrote:Understand you're still a target because you're bailing on your guild midwar.
Flinx wrote:Not that I necessarily agree with his decision to leave, but this war has already been going for four and a half months, and has no sign of ending any time soon.
Rajam wrote:Unfortunately I don't think server wars increase activity.
PowerVerde wrote:SW? You mean weeks of blob staring for 1 to 2 days of actives killing actives, then semi actives killing inactos and then the losing side having heaps of drop outs? I don't see how that is any good for the server in the long run.
Carolus Rex wrote:
Fairly certain this number is far higher :scared:

important topics in Christian apologetics:
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 23:14

Good summary.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Dongger