AE gift shop measurements

Any questions or problems with our Gift Store, please post here.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Yamikotai
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [TWL]
Galaxy: Beta

AE gift shop measurements

Postby Yamikotai » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 16:20

So, I was thinking of buying one of those large mugs. Unfortunately, I'm in the UK, which uses metric measurements. I really have no idea how big something that holds fifteen ounces is. I know I can use an online conversion chart or Java converter like this one, but it would be a lot easier if the measurements were already there.

Another thing - exactly what size are the mousepads? It doesn't tell you in the gift shop.
Similar measurements for things such as the diameter of the wall clock would be handy.

Xaman
Operations Manager
Operations Manager

Postby Xaman » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 16:24

Hi,

You need to use a converter, the shop only gives measures in ounces. And the exact size of the mousepad we don't know either, it's a normal size one.

Thread moved to Gift Store

Xaman
Astro Empires Administration
If you disagree with a decision of one of the moderators, click here to learn how to appeal
ElfLeaderMike
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: AE gift shop measurements

Postby ElfLeaderMike » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 16:41

Yamikotai wrote:So, I was thinking of buying one of those large mugs. Unfortunately, I'm in the UK, which uses metric measurements. I really have no idea how big something that holds fifteen ounces is. I know I can use an online conversion chart or Java converter like this one, but it would be a lot easier if the measurements were already there.

Another thing - exactly what size are the mousepads? It doesn't tell you in the gift shop.
Similar measurements for things such as the diameter of the wall clock would be handy.
Actually the majority of people in the UK still use imperial. I find the younger people use metric and the older people use imperial.

aSp
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby aSp » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 17:24

Emperor_Jackal wrote:Actually the majority of people in the UK still use imperial. I find the younger people use metric and the older people use imperial.
I think most people in the UK use a mixture of the two. I use imperial when I'm talking about height or weight of people and long distances. Most of the time I use metric.

Yamikotai
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yamikotai » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 18:05

Emperor_Jackal wrote:
Yamikotai wrote:So, I was thinking of buying one of those large mugs. Unfortunately, I'm in the UK, which uses metric measurements. I really have no idea how big something that holds fifteen ounces is. I know I can use an online conversion chart or Java converter like this one, but it would be a lot easier if the measurements were already there.

Actually the majority of people in the UK still use imperial. I find the younger people use metric and the older people use imperial.
Well my parents were taught imperial, but right now in school metric is what we're taught.

Aardvark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Beta - [«o»]
Fenix - [«o»]

Postby Aardvark » Sat 22 Sep, 2007 18:40

Yamikotai wrote:
Emperor_Jackal wrote:

Well my parents were taught imperial, but right now in school metric is what we're taught.
Well, a pint is 16 ounces. However, some of those pint glasses that you'll find in the pub are 20 ounces. For another comparison, a standard can of Coca-Cola (or whatever your other favourite carbonated soda beverage is), holds 355ml (at least in Western Canada), or approximately 12 ounces. So imagine something in between and you'll see how big the mug will be.

/ learned both systems in school

Frutol
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Frutol » Thu 27 Sep, 2007 18:44

only metric here

is way easier

http://ubuntued.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yamikotai
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Yamikotai » Thu 27 Sep, 2007 21:57

There's an FF extension I used to use that automatically converted currencies on pages to a currency of your choice, it could do measurements too.
I can't seem to find it or something similar now, though.

Return to “Gift Store”