Life on Mars

Lokos
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: GOMN -Delta

Life on Mars

Postby Lokos » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 15:40

Is there life on Mars?.....I mean, Delta? I got frustrated and left what has to be a long time back now, and looking at these forums it appears as if Delta has gone quiet again.

But you know, our forums were always that way. So I'm curious, what's the scoop? Are people still out there making derbs? Have the bloc parties started to break down? What about all that space rhetoric? Still swinging?

Post your two cents!

P.S. I already told him, but feel it worth restating: Congrats on #1 xp Ace!

Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Life on Mars

Postby Createure » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 15:55

Actually he ain't #1 no more. GAYAYA levid some of their inactives again.

But that's ok. They'll run out of inactives eventually. Ace will still be pew pewing actives.

Face Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DELTA-[GOMN]

Postby Face Rimmer » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 16:00

I can think of better things for you to do on ye lunch break than post here Lokos. :P

Delta hasnt been the same since you left. You know this! You extracted the life out of it when you hung up ye space boots.

My 2 cents:
AYAYA/SIM still have the greater overall numbers and they take full advantage of that. They camp a cluster and make lame base hits mostly. They have caught a few nubs that leave their stuff hanging around. Nothing of any decent size. Swarm are probably the only guild on their side that seems to have any testicular fortitude these days. Kudos to them.

GFC (GOMN,FLEET,CFF) destroy anything of AYAYA/SIM that tries to go out farming on their own.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast
Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Createure » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 16:37

And UFP, FIN and doop are still rocking the deltaverse.

Lokos
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lokos » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 17:37

Sweet, I loved the DOOPians! Glad to hear they still live. Nice to see you still kicking too, createure...or however you spell that....

And consarn it Ace, but I didn't take anything from AE that they shouldn't be growing on their own! Still, GOMN remains the absolutely best PVP experience I've ever had. There's times I miss the fun and comraderie of it. AE's fundamental problems however, remain what they are. I don't wanna get into that though! Turkey day just got me a bit nostalgic and curious.

Is it weird that I miss AJAX, even though we sorta murdered them? I liked to think it was a very friendly murder though.....Are any of those guys still around?

Spacegurl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [GOMN]
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Spacegurl » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 18:43

Lokos has no spaceboots. I wear the boots in this family. ;)

Lokos come back and play with me!!!!!!

GOMN Princess
I'll make you famous. ;)

Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Createure » Fri 25 Nov, 2011 19:32

Nurse Boots will make everything better! :wink:

And yeh AJAX were cool, and very much an elite pvp guild and much entertaining banter to boot. One of the most fun guilds I've had the pleasure of pew pewing, and being pew pewed by... :roll:

They had many successes. And although they had just a couple of defeats their biggest loss has gotta be when Panda left. The greatest responsibility for the loss of AJAX has gotta be laid on AJAX themselves when they chose to merge into the faceless super blob.

Quocker-wodger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [AJAX]

Postby Quocker-wodger » Sun 27 Nov, 2011 12:47

Createure wrote:Nurse Boots will make everything better! :wink:

And yeh AJAX were cool, and very much an elite pvp guild and much entertaining banter to boot. One of the most fun guilds I've had the pleasure of pew pewing, and being pew pewed by... :roll:

They had many successes. And although they had just a couple of defeats their biggest loss has gotta be when Panda left. The greatest responsibility for the loss of AJAX has gotta be laid on AJAX themselves when they chose to merge into the faceless super blob.
Im sad AJAX is gone. It was the best guild you could be part of. We just played the game, kept politics to a minimum and just had fun. Jbah was a god amongst us, everything he did or said was 100% the right thing. Even when we flew to our deaths. We knew it was right.... We had killed billions before and expected to have mercy unto our deaths... That was not the AJAX way.

I am and always will be an AJAX player..

Spacegurl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [GOMN]

Postby Spacegurl » Sun 27 Nov, 2011 20:04

Quocker that deserves a +1 :clap:

GOMN Princess
I'll make you famous. ;)

Lokos
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lokos » Mon 28 Nov, 2011 19:00

Well Mr. Wodgers, we can agree on this: AJAX was a fantastic guild. I personally believe GOMN was way cooler, but that's sort of an opinionated statement coming from me. I also never ran with AJAX and have no basis for parallel. I used to believe the same of AYAYA, but got disillusioned there eventually.

But you guys killed many, and died well. More than a lot of guilds ever did. I was pretty disappointed to see what remained fade away in such a manner, but I sort of got the impression that's what was starting to happen anyways. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, you'd have more perspective.

Regardless, a final salute to AJAX. You guys were kings. The fact that GOMN came to blows with you guys was one of my big regrets of tenure. Of course, I'm not really sure how it could have worked out any different either... seemed like you fellows were gunning for us as well, and we merely beat you to the punch. Politics is a *****. I like to think if it'd been the other way around we'd have gone out in the same kind of epic style!
Last edited by Themis on Mon 28 Nov, 2011 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: filter bypass removed

Aliens from Mars
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Forever USSV
A2: Inc

Postby Aliens from Mars » Fri 02 Dec, 2011 07:56

I always wanted to join AJAX, but I never mustered up the courage to send in the MS Paint... :(

:boohoo: yeah, yeah, my Delta accounts sucked (deleted them x2 over 2 years, once w/ a year membership still going strong >.<), so I never would have gotten in: but if you don't try, you'll never know.

Sandor/FBB: i logged iff placesn fine from 3 diff places in uk (< classic sandy!)

Rats Pudding
Guild: [CORK]
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Rats Pudding » Tue 27 Dec, 2011 23:40

I will forever rule over the delta, silently.

Winter Warrior
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: [WOLF] - Nexus

Postby Winter Warrior » Wed 28 Dec, 2011 05:43

Needs more WOLF... oh wait there it is :)

Reason wrote:If I wanted a lulzy, semi-crazy, devil may care, imaginary space boats are imaginary, loco yet still proficient experience, I'd choose DW.
Former Alpha - [13th] Ceti - [LV] [H~H] [eX] [SSJ] Delta - GM [WOLF] Helion - GM [WOLF]
wildcard

Postby wildcard » Mon 02 Jan, 2012 03:31

Quick correction to this post from Sept
My 2 cents:
AYAYA/SIM still have the greater overall numbers and they take full advantage of that. They camp a cluster and make lame base hits mostly. They have caught a few nubs that leave their stuff hanging around. Nothing of any decent size. Swarm are probably the only guild on their side that seems to have any testicular fortitude these days. Kudos to them.
I think I can speak for GFC that since this post, the numbers game has changed dramatically, and the greater numbers that Sim/Ayaya have enjoyed have in fact diminished quite considerably. I would go on and say that any advantage that these guys had after the WH crash was not carried forward and is now gone by the wayside.

So I think this year we will see the end of Ayaya (as they can expect no mercy) and Sim well I would like too see them return too their respective guilds (safely) and then maybe we can all reshape Delta once again.

Balanced "who knows":).

Return to “Delta”