Dear Abbey from Cleo Magazine

wildcard
Galaxy: Delta

Dear Abbey from Cleo Magazine

Postby wildcard » Fri 18 May, 2012 13:24

Dear Abbey

I have been playing delta for 4 years and most of that time has been spent in Fleet which is currently part of a coalition (of good guys). Recently we have been punishing our enemy into utter submission and I am wondering where to next? I feel like we are at the top of mountain and I am looking at Ayaya/Sim (R.I.P)/Swarm and I feel like I am having a Mid Delta crisis.

So I have been thinking of starting at the bottom again (and I mean really starting at the bottom) and joining Ayaya. I feel I have a lot to contribute, for example how "Not to get Recall Trapped" or my favorite "why are we letting noobs into our guild"

One of the problems with joining Ayaya is some of the members in that guild are right now waiting to be smacked about by CFF and all they are doing is blaming each other Borgman for instance is flying accusations around and Satan is trying to look good and try to make people forget he ran from our last encounter at the D58WH.

I really need some guidance on this and would appreciate your feedback soon.

Wildcard/Ruder

response

Dear Wildcard/Ruder

I read you letter with great sadness, yes you are right where do you go from that mountain top. Well it is easier than you think.....let me quote from a good friend of mine his name is Bill Nye. You need parity (or was it server parity) in your life and the best way to get that is just not settle for being the best but pursue utter defeat for your enemy. The best way to achieve server parity is too wipe out Ayaya for ever. Dont just settle for their complete defeat go on and wipe them out of Delta forever.

Also if you need I have some good counsellors for your Bi-Polar Disorder if you want help!

Abbey

RoboTech

Re: Dear Abbey from Cleo Magazine

Postby RoboTech » Fri 18 May, 2012 14:02

I remember seeing this somewhere the past couple of years ...

wildcard

Postby wildcard » Fri 18 May, 2012 14:13

Well that was when they asked their Sim meatshield to come save them.

To be honest I much prefer the new one

alexei
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A X.Org
D AYAYA
F SL
I Idea

Postby alexei » Fri 18 May, 2012 15:05

fighting/accusing eachother? i think AYAYA was never as concordant as we are right now... o.0

Habibi the Infidel wrote:(...) I have nothing but respect for Alexei.

Jonny Five wrote:by just saying hello Alexei owns you, every single time, anything from that moment on is just him chatting to you for the lol...
wildcard

Postby wildcard » Fri 18 May, 2012 15:20

so borgman and satan carrying on don't count.............you might want to go back a page or 2 on the boards mate

but that letter was private it wasnt meant to be read like this.........Ruder must have posted it...........damn him

alexei
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A X.Org
D AYAYA
F SL
I Idea

Postby alexei » Fri 18 May, 2012 15:25

i did, still don't see what you are saying.

people are angry, sure, defeat is never really a good thing, no matter what. but really, there were more accusations going around when Muzzar got back (after the first crash) than now, so dunno. and even that could be called "friendly banter".

so, yeah, you win, congrats. as for recall trapping AYAYA, well, when you have more than double the ammount of fleet, and you have spies to tell you the destination coords, it gets kind of easy. also, levis are slow, remind me never to build levis again :paranoid:

Habibi the Infidel wrote:(...) I have nothing but respect for Alexei.

Jonny Five wrote:by just saying hello Alexei owns you, every single time, anything from that moment on is just him chatting to you for the lol...
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET

Postby Ruder » Fri 18 May, 2012 15:27

alexei wrote:fighting/accusing eachother? i think AYAYA was never as concordant as we are right now... o.0

concordant. Nice word m8!

I respect you for wanting to fight btw...

Face Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DELTA-[GOMN]

Postby Face Rimmer » Fri 18 May, 2012 15:42

alexei wrote:.....as for recall trapping AYAYA, well, when you have more than double the ammount of fleet, and you have spies to tell you the destination coords, it gets kind of easy. also, levis are slow, remind me never to build levis again :paranoid:

You had a massive fleet advantage on us and you had spies. Where was our recall trap?

Much respect to all ayaya/swarm guys who were loyal to their guilds and friends. Times are changing now, a new political structure is on the horizon. The question is do you stay with the guilds that are in tatters or do you move on and start a fresh in a brand new guild or do you join an existing one that isnt recall trapped :P

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast
Bourne Ultimatum
Guild: Delta: SAD

Postby Bourne Ultimatum » Fri 18 May, 2012 21:34

Not sure why is such a hate, and arrogance, but ok, you kill off all the AYAYA, than what? Kill off CFF, than what?
GRITS? NEM? than?
A good war i can understand (since its a wargame), but why to kill off the server, and make good players quit, and feel disappointed.
I just really dont understand why is it good for you guys.
:clap:

battleWill
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ST

Postby battleWill » Sat 19 May, 2012 03:09

Bourne Ultimatum wrote:Not sure why is such a hate, and arrogance, but ok, you kill off all the AYAYA, than what? Kill off CFF, than what?
GRITS? NEM? than?
A good war i can understand (since its a wargame), but why to kill off the server, and make good players quit, and feel disappointed.
I just really dont understand why is it good for you guys.
:clap:

lol if they are good players they wont quit, I mean most of us got derbed by ayaya back in the day................and now ayaya dies for it

crunch77

Postby crunch77 » Sat 19 May, 2012 05:05

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Return to “Delta”