What happened here then?

iNTER
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: KAOS
Galaxy: Delta

What happened here then?

Postby iNTER » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 09:31

I've been out of Delta now for 6-8 months, but semi-regularly pop in to the forums and check the ranks to see what's happening. Not so long ago I see that my old side AYAYA/SIM had a rough time getting blown up and everything but still showing some defiance and fighting spirit.

Today I take a look and see that AYAYA has pretty much vanished and some of their players are in FLEET. I can't find the majority of my old guildmates and somehow there is not much in the way of activity on the forum. One large guild disappearing and amalgamating into another and the rest of the guild, I assume, leaving the game would usually be something that merits a post or two in Delta P&W. However, since it has been a long time since this forum has been used for its actual purpose I thought I would ask what happened.

This is mainly to satisfy my own curiosity but also in the hope that it might spark a forum discussion. I miss the old soap opera that was Delta P&W and just want that buzz again of seeing some poorly thought out arguments with more nerd tears than actual common sense.

So far, you've exhibited the strategic and tactical instincts of a pacifist lemming.
Caesar
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: What happened here then?

Postby Caesar » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 17:24

I don't think anyone even comes on here anymore

iNTER
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: KAOS

Postby iNTER » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:52

I think you're right.. :(

So far, you've exhibited the strategic and tactical instincts of a pacifist lemming.
Spacegurl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [GOMN]

Postby Spacegurl » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 03:51

Pfffft. People are always lurking here. They just don't know how to post. :roll:

This might help answer your question.

Ruder and friends put in a lot of hours and were finally able to accomplish the goal of ending AYAYA/SIM and their rule in the deltaverse. It's a whole new game now. ;)

GOMN Princess
I'll make you famous. ;)

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET

Postby Ruder » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 16:27

The AYAYA recall trap ended it but to be fair wasn't "The End". The real end was when AYAYA/SWARM tried to contest our landing in D58 and lost a month or so earlier. They made some poor decisions and paid the ultimate price for it. The summary would be:

The D50's WH moved to D58. FLEET/CFF/GRITS/NeM all launched to the D58 WH almost immediately after it moved. Surprisingly we had an 'ok' launch.

AYAYA and SWARM moved to JG's in D58 in order to contest our landing into D58 rather than to just jump directly to the new WH. Because of this all of their levi fleets, except maybe one, were late and never made it to the fight. Despite this they tried to contest our landing. Before we landed someone accessed masterteam's account and suicided taking out a good chuck of their fighters. Whoever accessed his account also suicided all the accounts that that masterteam was saving the information for. After that we started landing and quickly took control of the pile and the WH system. Once a cease fire was established someone then used one of their spy accounts to suicide on our empty RC fleets sitting on the pile.

During the cease fire AYAYA decided to blob down in D11. IMO it was about the worst place in Delta for them to blob. I'm not sure if AYAYA had just given up at this point or if they were still stunned by their leadership (Bronson and Legacy) quitting after the crash and just didn't realize the position they were in. Either way it made a recall trap for us fairly easy. CFF moved their blob to D09 while FLEET stayed on the D58 WH. Once CFF was in D09 FLEET moved to the D15 WH and down to D11. AYAYA ran to the lower 50's where they were quickly trapped by CFF.

FLEET, CFF and NeM also picked up some of the people from AYAYA that wanted to continue to play Delta. Some of them before they were zero fleeted and some after. Despite what some have said they all chose to join and none of them were given a 'Join or be ZF'ed' ultimatum. If you think about it that would just be inviting suicides.

So whats next for Delta?

Well FLEET and GOMN have split back to their original guilds and most of the stragglers in FLEET have rejoined their original guilds. The leaders of FLEET, CFF, GRITS and NeM are all talking about how we break up the alliance and dismember the power blocks. However given that most of the active members in all the guilds are rebuilding their fleets it could take some time.

I will say it was a pleasure to fight along side of Wildcard, Ephesians, Ace Rimmer, SpaceGurl, Blueman, Ronin, Bindel and the other allied leaders on our side. And that, while I never supported Habibi, Bill Nye and Blondies polarization of Delta, it was also fun fighting and baw'ing with them as well as Bronson and Lord Yawgmouth. Hopefully Delta will get back to its 'free for all' roots.

I think that as long as the people willing and able to lead continue to play in Delta the server will live on.

X-PLODE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: D:[GOMN] G:[BEAR] H:[5150]

Postby X-PLODE » Tue 12 Jun, 2012 00:53

Drekons landed on AYAYA blob and destroyed everyone within 5 seconds.

Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Createure » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 14:46

Since I didn't get a name check in Ruder's list of credits I henceforth declare war on Ruder.

I will give FLEET members an ultimatum - they can chose to remain neutral or they can take a quick tour of the bagel factory.

/C.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET

Postby Ruder » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 17:06

Your name is there. You just missed it... :paranoid:

Hector Comeatcha
Guild: The small one
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Hector Comeatcha » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 04:40

AYAYA is still here. Well, the ones that didn't get blow to space dust anyway. A lot of em quit I believe. The rest moved to NeM/SWARM. Now that this has all gone down, some new fun can be had as everyone goes their ways until some new backstabbing techniques are put in place.

Return to “Delta”