Hector Comeatcha wrote:
Guild: Galactic Defence Initiative
Title/Rank: Baron of Mischief

Level: 43.19 (Rank 926)
Economy: 1,735

Account: Upgraded
Expire: 17 Dec 2012

Account age: 325 Days
Well, your history on Delta is nothing worth mentioning.
Obviously. The thread isn't about MY history :)

-FungusCat-

Re: Want to know Delta History

Postby -FungusCat- » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 08:06

BloodEagle...hmmm....I know you from either Delta or Alpha but I can't quite remember where your from :L

TheBloodEagle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: under ice picks slashes
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby TheBloodEagle » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 11:59

-FungusCat- wrote:BloodEagle...hmmm....I know you from either Delta or Alpha but I can't quite remember where your from :L
im with Cruel on alpha and here you tried farming me but failed ;)

Only speaking of Myself IF not stated otherwise
TheBloodEagle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheBloodEagle » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 12:00

Dominion wrote:Ahhh I see now, thanks for clearing that up. Nah, Alpha is way better for young players. There is no perma-farming and lots of guilds take in low level guys. Once the present war ends it will be back to normal
maybe not farmed but to many gets zfed just for doing a attack on someone they shoulded
it just kills the game

-FungusCat-

Postby -FungusCat- » Sat 28 Jul, 2012 06:46

TheBloodEagle wrote:
-FungusCat- wrote:BloodEagle...hmmm....I know you from either Delta or Alpha but I can't quite remember where your from :L
oooooooh yeeeaaa now I remember you...you really didn't have very good defenses and I got a nice bit of profit from you spawning stuff over your bases...I think they were CV or Destroyers

TheBloodEagle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheBloodEagle » Sat 28 Jul, 2012 14:52

-FungusCat- wrote:
TheBloodEagle wrote:
oooooooh yeeeaaa now I remember you...you really didn't have very good defenses and I got a nice bit of profit from you spawning stuff over your bases...I think they were CV or Destroyers
you dident get any profit at all but lost alot of fleet you could have spent on better stuff and at that time i were fighting the SW on alpha in LOVE

Maco144

Postby Maco144 » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 18:23

HORDE->WMD->AYAYA->FLEET->?

Dullest server around!

-FungusCat-

Postby -FungusCat- » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 07:09

no, I got profit from the derbs, and what fleet I did lose I made back and then some in profit

Winternitezz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Winternitezz » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 18:08

Dominion wrote:Ahhh I see now, thanks for clearing that up. Nah, Alpha is way better for young players. There is no perma-farming and lots of guilds take in low level guys. Once the present war ends it will be back to normal
I was in Alpha few months back after someone quit and i took over an account. I was perma-farm for a few weeks and i even complain to a few top leaders including 13th leaders at that time but there is nothing they can do. I quit and gave the account back and a few weeks later, someone eventually deleted that account. It was a decent account wth 17k prod..

So perma farm do happen..

-PM- ♂ W i n t 3 r ♂
TrueJustice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: I am a Legend ;)
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby TrueJustice » Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:01

You want to know the history of Delta....Hmmm I never thought I would have to hear that at one point....

I will update some history in the Wiki for you and give you the history of Delta. This way everyone can go look at that, all though this should probably be in General.

Read this

Let's clean this crap up
Dominion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: 13th
AYAYA

Postby Dominion » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 01:59

Winternitezz wrote:
I was in Alpha few months back after someone quit and i took over an account. I was perma-farm for a few weeks and i even complain to a few top leaders including 13th leaders at that time but there is nothing they can do. I quit and gave the account back and a few weeks later, someone eventually deleted that account. It was a decent account wth 17k prod..

So perma farm do happen..
what guild, what acc, who occ'ed you?

Khamul Nazgul wrote:4. If you do not leave the 13th blob, All said guilds involved on this move against 13th with good reason are prepared to Blob up into one Area and sit there
Dominion wrote:Themis you're a fod maggot
Lince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lince » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 15:03

so much to say about Delta history, it's a long long one really, i have seen countelless guilds get to the top and fail miserably Horde, Vraid, WOLF, SWARM, Devil, AJAX, FAN, AVA, WMD, AYAYA, GRITS i think the most constant guild in the top 3 is FLEET and even FLEET had a rougth patch along the way...

teh_entity wrote:<3 you massa,I hate lince :whisle:
I still voted for you :scared:
Nightowl ♠ №280
Guild: Former Guildmaster Skull
Tag
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Nightowl ♠ №280 » Sun 09 Dec, 2012 02:33

merc was on the top for awhile if memory serves me right . But if you look at the top players and guilds the mix is still about the same as 2 years ago when i quit . Doesnt look like much has changed in that .

Winter Warrior
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: [WOLF]
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Winter Warrior » Tue 25 Dec, 2012 13:00

Want the history of Delta just use the forum and go back to the last page and work forward.

You can read about the wonderful fights and guilds and see the change in game play as the server went forwards and shaped all the future servers :D

Also WOLF won Delta ;)

Reason wrote:If I wanted a lulzy, semi-crazy, devil may care, imaginary space boats are imaginary, loco yet still proficient experience, I'd choose DW.
Mr. W1z4rd
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: My first server

Postby Mr. W1z4rd » Fri 11 Jan, 2013 13:50

Hi. I'm bored, procrastinating on my thesis and someone brought this up on another forum I frequent and well, here we are.

I think I can attempt to give you about as non-biased a history lesson as I can, even though I'm sure the majority of the people left here that remember me wouldn't trust me and probably for good measure; we did make quite a mess of the place.

The roots of this server started in Ceti, where people figured out starting early and locking down a cluster or two was a great idea. When Delta started, the higher ups from a top ceti guild (HEIHO?) started doing that in the D0x's and created WMD. They ended up allying with another guild, GRITS who locked down the D20s and in the mean time the D1x's were left between DEVIL/DDoW probably a GOON guild (which might have been made up of Z and another guild) and that's all I can remember. The 3x was Wolf, 4x was PCP which degraded to TAG/SWARM. And to be honest the rest is kind of fuzzy to me, if you search back some I'm sure there was a thread on this.

Regardless, WMD/GRITS and later FLEET were allied pretty hard where as the D1x's were not. And because of that you saw an early gain by the aforementioned guilds, there was a lot of messiness in the teens early on with fighting, allying, and then trying to take on WMD but failing and quite frankly, I wasn't there for that having started the game a few months into the server, and don't feel qualified to comment. Regardless, WMD/GRITS/FLEET and I think even later MERC (a pre ayaya, if you will) owned the server going where they wanted, en masse, and had everyone in a choke hold but they played fair (well for the most part).

There were one or two major clashes down in the lower gal's that WMD, with help from their allies won quite decisively.

That sets the story up for the next chapter, the one which I feel more comfortable commenting on a server post AYAYA.

You had Habbibi The Infidel and a few others (The Cats PJs, Paha, and Blondie) who, after getting their butts kicked in the guilds by WMD decided to form their own guild with extremely loyal and active members named AYAYA. They invited probably 20-30 people, and were the envy of most of the server as they didn't make alliances outside of WMD/GRITS/FLEET and everyone had a very specialized mobile designed to work together instead of a crop dusting of fleets like most people had up until now. At this point, I'm not sure what the real goal of the guild was, to either have fun with the game again, or to put into motion long term plants to bring down that monster alliance. But, the first large scale encounter was with SAD/MERC/TAG (comprised of PCP/Swarm)/WOLF vs AYAYA/WMD/FLEET/GRITS and we slaughtered them hard. And to tell you the truth, I do not remember what was the catalyst for SAD or for MERC being so inactive, anywho.

At that point you had cries of unfairness, and it was probably true as we did own a controlling share of the server and had we continued that alliance we could've probably have ended things there.

However, Habibi in a stroke of genius decided to drop the alliance with GRITS and keep it with WMD/FLEET. This was important down the road, as it created a lot of problems in the former power block which was his goal. At this point the next large server conflict was AYAYA vs. Devil/DDoW and later we had to invoke WMD to come in to help even things out. And this one was particularly brutal, and I do not believe Habibi meant to come back from this one; but we did. However, there was a lot of bad blood between members of Devil and AYAYA and we played dirty. Lots of name calling, underhandedness, etc.

We eventually tried to mend the relationship with those guilds, AYAYA in attempt to turn our eyes on something bigger (GRITS). It was also around this time Habibi got burnt out and that myself and Blondie took over for him.

We ended up convincing WMD/FLEET (Especially Beautiful) that GRITS was plotting to remove them from the game. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I took a few things out of context from what GRITS said, and most of the FLEET leadership at that point was pretty unstable which combined with WMDs inactive leadership (which you'll find in this game, happens when you become successful) wasn't a particularly hard task. So, surprisingly, I took control of WMD/FLEET players and led a campaign inside of D2x which using the WMD JGs that GRITS let them setup in D2x was great. Also, behind the scenes I had started working with Tag for the eventual overthrow of WMD/FLEET.

And this major encounter was great, for us at least, as we basically rolled GRITS pretty hard as they let us jump right into D29 and allowed us to corner them. They eventually broke under the pressure of the three guilds, and left to a D6x JG which we eventually found out about. It was at this point we got TAG to go up there and nail them, secretly as we had GRITS sympathizers in the guild. I honestly felt bad for masterteam, head of grits, at this point. I respected the guy, but man I worked every angle to screw GRITS over and it worked. This eventually took its toll on me, and I got pretty burned out at this point trying to keep 3 guilds together, finding active targets, etc etc. It was at this point where things started getting messy, as WMD was never on real good terms with Z and vice versa, so they took advantage of our JGs to hit them in the D1x's; Z really didn't like that.

The next large chapter is where things got hard. With the absence of a coherent leadership structure for WMD, and well, FLEET leadership was crazy (sorry Beautiful, if you still play, you were nuts, but I did end up really like Gambit and Ruder for what it's worth), it kind of fell upon AYAYA to do stuff. It was then at this point, Habs came back and we decided to push forward with our plan considering we trashed the GRITS/WMD relationship.

We did it by trying to play the good cop bad cop card, and it worked. We had Habs come back, 'from the dead,' and declare an end to the WMD relationship whereas I would play the betrayed friend. We ended up getting Tag on our side, and engineered the majority of the server against WMD and Fleet was soon to fall next to them. We chased them around the server a few times, they ended up making some pretty large tatical mistakes and we would catch their inactives at JGs or trap them. However, overall this was a tougher nut to crack and I started getting a little unnerved at this point, as some of you (dear reader) can probably remember as it took a lot of effort and activity to make everyone happy, and Habs/Blondie took back over but not until I saw WMD disband their guild tag and merge into GRITS/FLEET/NEM. This one took a bit longer than the previous encounters, and was really bad for the server but we had tunnel vision, and we pressed on. And we ended up rushing them down in D0x soon after the D40s thing, and they fled to D2x in attempt to mend their relationship with GRITS and their new leader Blueman; who was *beep* hilarious by the way. I would do random stuff to make him flip out, loved it- but I digress.

At this point Blondie kept things together, and I commend that for him. He did quite a job through the years keeping things together when me or Habs went mental.

We eventually mobilized enough mobile to take that blob on in, D25 and we launched. This was the last big encounter for a while, TAG/AYAYA/SWARM vs. FLEET/GRITS/GOMN. This caused the server to break down, literally overheat, and a blob crash that was supposed to happen at 12AM est, didn't happen until 4-5am when everyone went to sleep. To keep a long story a bit short, we got into the GRITS/FLEET war room and basically chilled there talking with Rudder and a few other guys (with fake accents) and it was actually them who warned us the server came up. But by then it was too late, our levi stacks, which really control a gate crash landed and FLEET sounded the unorganized retreat of their members. At the time I think I had 6-700 of those little monsters.

We won, and really broke the server at that point.

Post that happening is where things get fuzzy again, mainly because I wanted to disband things and let the game progress along it's natural course and I wanted to quit and focus on real life/job where as I believe Blondie wanted to keep things going a bit longer and did and was successful at it for a while. But he ended up getting a bit too stressed out, and quit too. My biggest regret was never posting a goodbye, as people like Dominion/Satan/Shovel/Rockyplayer/Rocky/etc. were all really good people that I liked playing with (AWOL too).

Regardless though I was pretty disgusted by the game, as it was shown that the game dynamics outpaced the hardware and the owners had no intention of wanting to fix it even though they raked in the cash.

Anyway, that's my stab at about 3 years of history on this server. I'm obviously leaving out a few of the smaller, but still important fights.

WOLF getting stomped and eventually disbanding. I'm not sure how it is now, but that made the D30s a wasteland.
PCP and the D40s guilds getting stomped by Devil and a few other guilds.
LSD turning into GOMN (I think?) and their involvement with AJAX and AJAX's involvement with AYAYA which was my own personal hell trying to keep that relationship together.
NEM, that laughable guild, which is now one of the top ones? That's nuts to me, grats.
It was at some point, Z nuked DDoW, which was really the last straw in my tunnel visioned viewpoint and we definitely back-stabbed them by stealing their pile before they got a chance to do the same which ended that guild. Things were taken personally, I regret it.

The guy who hated me up there was right, we burned a lot of bridges to bring down that monster alliance and successfully played multiple people against eachother for our own gain but he was wrong, we didn't quit because we were in a corner with our relationships, we could've always talked ourselves out of that like we usually did, it was just too much effort and the gains were greatly diminishing.

Anyway.
Last edited by Mr. W1z4rd on Sun 13 Jan, 2013 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

“They were fast-moving opportunists encased in cynicism and proud of it.”

Return to “Delta”