Want to know Delta History

X - Men

Re: Want to know Delta History

Postby X - Men » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:43

as a rule a lot of people who know me ingame know i comment very little on the forums and generally don't respond to ingame pm's as a rule but as i come to the end of my playing days i can put in some perspective as a soldier/SWARM representative in some of the major battles.

1) Mr. Wizard/aka Bill Nye i think.....although your guild influenced many of the wars/battles, a lot of us didn't trust or want to help your guild. These decisions were made by our guild leaders at the time and part of being a guild is to follow orders/decisions of our leaders when aligned with other guilds. It became painfully obvious to the non-leader soldiers that we were being used and it seemed that many times AYAYA/AJAX were getting the debris and many of us were the bait to lure out the enemy.

Anyways....what i would like to know if anyone could clear this up.....at the D58 battle at the wormhole anybody who was at the battle knows we had fighter stacks waiting to kill the first FLEET mobiles to land and 1 hour before Masterteam began kicking all our players and began to systematically destroy all our fighter stacks. In turn we kicked all his Underdark members and destroyed their fleets in case there was more treachery.

My question is did he do this on his own or did somebody in FLEET/CFF/GRITS/NeM have his account info. Just want to know out of curiousity because MT has always maintained his innocence.

Dro
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Dro » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 20:39

Mr. W1z4rd wrote:Hi. I'm bored, procrastinating on my thesis and someone brought this up on another forum I frequent and well, here we are.

I think I can attempt to give you about as non-biased a history lesson as I can, even though I'm sure the majority of the people left here that remember me wouldn't trust me and probably for good measure; we did make quite a mess of the place.

The roots of this server started in Ceti, where people figured out starting early and locking down a cluster or two was a great idea. When Delta started, the higher ups from a top ceti guild (HEIHO?) started doing that in the D0x's and created WMD. They ended up allying with another guild, GRITS who locked down the D20s and in the mean time the D1x's were left between DEVIL/DDoW probably a GOON guild (which might have been made up of Z and another guild) and that's all I can remember. The 3x was Wolf, 4x was PCP which degraded to TAG/SWARM. And to be honest the rest is kind of fuzzy to me, if you search back some I'm sure there was a thread on this.

Regardless, WMD/GRITS and later FLEET were allied pretty hard where as the D1x's were not. And because of that you saw an early gain by the aforementioned guilds, there was a lot of messiness in the teens early on with fighting, allying, and then trying to take on WMD but failing and quite frankly, I wasn't there for that having started the game a few months into the server, and don't feel qualified to comment. Regardless, WMD/GRITS/FLEET and I think even later MERC (a pre ayaya, if you will) owned the server going where they wanted, en masse, and had everyone in a choke hold but they played fair (well for the most part).

There were one or two major clashes down in the lower gal's that WMD, with help from their allies won quite decisively.

That sets the story up for the next chapter, the one which I feel more comfortable commenting on a server post AYAYA.

You had Habbibi The Infidel and a few others (The Cats PJs, Paha, and Blondie) who, after getting their butts kicked in the guilds by WMD decided to form their own guild with extremely loyal and active members named AYAYA. They invited probably 20-30 people, and were the envy of most of the server as they didn't make alliances outside of WMD/GRITS/FLEET and everyone had a very specialized mobile designed to work together instead of a crop dusting of fleets like most people had up until now. At this point, I'm not sure what the real goal of the guild was, to either have fun with the game again, or to put into motion long term plants to bring down that monster alliance. But, the first large scale encounter was with SAD/MERC/TAG (comprised of PCP/Swarm)/WOLF vs AYAYA/WMD/FLEET/GRITS and we slaughtered them hard. And to tell you the truth, I do not remember what was the catalyst for SAD or for MERC being so inactive, anywho.

At that point you had cries of unfairness, and it was probably true as we did own a controlling share of the server and had we continued that alliance we could've probably have ended things there.

However, Habibi in a stroke of genius decided to drop the alliance with GRITS and keep it with WMD/FLEET. This was important down the road, as it created a lot of problems in the former power block which was his goal. At this point the next large server conflict was AYAYA vs. Devil/DDoW and later we had to invoke WMD to come in to help even things out. And this one was particularly brutal, and I do not believe Habibi meant to come back from this one; but we did. However, there was a lot of bad blood between members of Devil and AYAYA and we played dirty. Lots of name calling, underhandedness, etc.

We eventually tried to mend the relationship with those guilds, AYAYA in attempt to turn our eyes on something bigger (GRITS). It was also around this time Habibi got burnt out and that myself and Blondie took over for him.

We ended up convincing WMD/FLEET (Especially Beautiful) that GRITS was plotting to remove them from the game. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I took a few things out of context from what GRITS said, and most of the FLEET leadership at that point was pretty unstable which combined with WMDs inactive leadership (which you'll find in this game, happens when you become successful) wasn't a particularly hard task. So, surprisingly, I took control of WMD/FLEET players and led a campaign inside of D2x which using the WMD JGs that GRITS let them setup in D2x was great. Also, behind the scenes I had started working with Tag for the eventual overthrow of WMD/FLEET.

And this major encounter was great, for us at least, as we basically rolled GRITS pretty hard as they let us jump right into D29 and allowed us to corner them. They eventually broke under the pressure of the three guilds, and left to a D6x JG which we eventually found out about. It was at this point we got TAG to go up there and nail them, secretly as we had GRITS sympathizers in the guild. I honestly felt bad for masterteam, head of grits, at this point. I respected the guy, but man I worked every angle to screw GRITS over and it worked. This eventually took its toll on me, and I got pretty burned out at this point trying to keep 3 guilds together, finding active targets, etc etc. It was at this point where things started getting messy, as WMD was never on real good terms with Z and vice versa, so they took advantage of our JGs to hit them in the D1x's; Z really didn't like that.

The next large chapter is where things got hard. With the absence of a coherent leadership structure for WMD, and well, FLEET leadership was crazy (sorry Beautiful, if you still play, you were nuts, but I did end up really like Gambit and Ruder for what it's worth), it kind of fell upon AYAYA to do stuff. It was then at this point, Habs came back and we decided to push forward with our plan considering we trashed the GRITS/WMD relationship.

We did it by trying to play the good cop bad cop card, and it worked. We had Habs come back, 'from the dead,' and declare an end to the WMD relationship whereas I would play the betrayed friend. We ended up getting Tag on our side, and engineered the majority of the server against WMD and Fleet was soon to fall next to them. We chased them around the server a few times, they ended up making some pretty large tatical mistakes and we would catch their inactives at JGs or trap them. However, overall this was a tougher nut to crack and I started getting a little unnerved at this point, as some of you (dear reader) can probably remember as it took a lot of effort and activity to make everyone happy, and Habs/Blondie took back over but not until I saw WMD disband their guild tag and merge into GRITS/FLEET/NEM. This one took a bit longer than the previous encounters, and was really bad for the server but we had tunnel vision, and we pressed on. And we ended up rushing them down in D0x soon after the D40s thing, and they fled to D2x in attempt to mend their relationship with GRITS and their new leader Blueman; who was *beep* hilarious by the way. I would do random stuff to make him flip out, loved it- but I digress.

At this point Blondie kept things together, and I commend that for him. He did quite a job through the years keeping things together when me or Habs went mental.

We eventually mobilized enough mobile to take that blob on in, D25 and we launched. This was the last big encounter for a while, TAG/AYAYA/SWARM vs. FLEET/GRITS/GOMN. This caused the server to break down, literally overheat, and a blob crash that was supposed to happen at 12AM est, didn't happen until 4-5am when everyone went to sleep. To keep a long story a bit short, we got into the GRITS/FLEET war room and basically chilled there talking with Rudder and a few other guys (with fake accents) and it was actually them who warned us the server came up. But by then it was too late, our levi stacks, which really control a gate crash landed and FLEET sounded the unorganized retreat of their members. At the time I think I had 6-700 of those little monsters.

We won, and really broke the server at that point.

Post that happening is where things get fuzzy again, mainly because I wanted to disband things and let the game progress along it's natural course and I wanted to quit and focus on real life/job where as I believe Blondie wanted to keep things going a bit longer and did and was successful at it for a while. But he ended up getting a bit too stressed out, and quit too. My biggest regret was never posting a goodbye, as people like Dominion/Satan/Shovel/Rockyplayer/Rocky/etc. were all really good people that I liked playing with (AWOL too).

Regardless though I was pretty disgusted by the game, as it was shown that the game dynamics outpaced the hardware and the owners had no intention of wanting to fix it even though they raked in the cash.

Anyway, that's my stab at about 3 years of history on this server. I'm obviously leaving out a few of the smaller, but still important fights.

WOLF getting stomped and eventually disbanding. I'm not sure how it is now, but that made the D30s a wasteland.
PCP and the D40s guilds getting stomped by Devil and a few other guilds.
LSD turning into GOMN (I think?) and their involvement with AJAX and AJAX's involvement with AYAYA which was my own personal hell trying to keep that relationship together.
NEM, that laughable guild, which is now one of the top ones? That's nuts to me, grats.
It was at some point, Z nuked DDoW, which was really the last straw in my tunnel visioned viewpoint and we definitely back-stabbed them by stealing their pile before they got a chance to do the same which ended that guild. Things were taken personally, I regret it.

The guy who hated me up there was right, we burned a lot of bridges to bring down that monster alliance and successfully played multiple people against eachother for our own gain but he was wrong, we didn't quit because we were in a corner with our relationships, we could've always talked ourselves out of that like we usually did, it was just too much effort and the gains were greatly diminishing.

Anyway.

well put, but LSD merged with CFF thats all

Tasman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tasman » Mon 14 Jan, 2013 23:33

Did you really have to quote that entire history to comment on 1 line?

Also wizard, that was some piece of writing.

And I Haven't got the faintest idea about what I'm talking about.
Dro
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Dro » Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:56

Tasman wrote:Did you really have to quote that entire history to comment on 1 line?

Also wizard, that was some piece of writing.

sure y u got lazy fingers?

Lokos
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: GOMN -Delta

Postby Lokos » Thu 17 Jan, 2013 21:41

Well Bill, it's nice to know I was on the money about the general nature of your actions. ;) The real pity from my perspective there was the affair with Z. I think the server could have moved on if AYAYA had declared a sort of 'moral' victory and ended up fragmenting into other guilds. I viewed just about everything that happened after with a sense of terrible inevitability, and it in turned burned me out really fast.

That being said, the lead up to that, the formation of the Z/GOMN alliance, the immense amount of personal politicking that Ace(my Habbibi) were up to....these things still stand out to me as probably the best PVP experience I've ever had. I just wish it hadn't ended in a DDOS, instead of an actual blaze of glory.

Also, LSD did not turn into GOMN. GOMN was an admixture of players from the first the 60's and later 70's, and eventually anywhere we could find good players. It started with STD I wanna say the guild was, and Ace Rimmer with six crazy guys. I'm glad to have helped make your relationship with us hell...at the time, you deserved it. :D

You give us too little credit Billy boy, your schemes would have gone off a lot better without GOMN there. They still worked as often as not, but only when people believed what you said instead of what you did. That's just part of the game though. But without us there as an extremely mobile core of ridiculously active players, many of the later struggles would have been...um...more one sided.

In summary, GOMN is the best guild ever. :D No, it never dominated the server. But try talking to someone in that guild about how much fun they had, and the actives of others about how much impact we had. We dominated from the sidelines. Our players tagged up in otherr guilds and showed that critical bit of fleet where it mattered. More importantly, we did it without devolving to a network of treachery and shadow plays. I feel like the people who played with us got to have more fun. That's winning the game that never ends.

Mr. W1z4rd
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: My first server

Postby Mr. W1z4rd » Thu 24 Jan, 2013 02:49

I suppose? The best guild is made up by the relationships in it, and with that being said I would wager that everyone has a personal stake in that. I made some solid relationships out of AYAYA, and even in Beta when I did a short stent there that I have no regrets making but do have some in not saying bye. But you're right I missed a large amount of guild development, which I admitted to so if you wanted to fill in whatever blanks you feel needed filling in, I certainly wont be offended.

As for our schemes- they worked just fine, it was the follow through leading up to that last big crash that had me left wanting as the game promises large scale encounters but didn't (and judging by a quick scan of the front page, years later) still doesn't follow through. Well that, and you know real life which I just <3 <3 <3. I wasn't trying to give a biased opinion, just wanted to inform individuals of past events as the OP wanted.

Although I still take some enjoyment in being apart of so many other people people, in one spot, clicking a little window that we caused a hardware failure, I'm not sure if that's a tribute to ego or a testament for how poor the hardware was at the time (maybe a little bit of both).

“They were fast-moving opportunists encased in cynicism and proud of it.”
Kaneda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: B: [ÆVØ]
D: [GOMN]

Postby Kaneda » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 13:27

X - Men wrote:My question is did he do this on his own or did somebody in FLEET/CFF/GRITS/NeM have his account info. Just want to know out of curiousity because MT has always maintained his innocence.

In all the genuine suicides I've seen, the suicider is usually unapologetic and proud of what they've done, they don't try and make out that it wasn't them.

I have no idea what really happened, but from what I know of MT on here and other servers he's a man of his word, very reliable and a bit of a simmer. Not really the type of guy that's going to suicide his allies, collect no derbs then lie about it afterwards. I'm certain that he wasn't at the helm when his account was used to kill those fleets.

At that stage AYAYA/SWARM had been completely infiltrated by the FLEET. I assume that some of your guys were sharing login info and that's how it came to be that Masterteam's account was used to attack his allies.

A few hours after that Cats dropped guild and Levy'd my fleet along with a load of others. I guess he had been an AYAYA spy/multy all along, although if I'm wrong on that then someone please correct me.

On a different note I loved Delta, there were plenty of dark days whilst I was in WMD/GRITS but once I joined GOMN that all changed. Ace and SG were a great combination and good leaders (as I'm sure Lokos was too but he left about a month after I arrived), the fast moving style of play suited me much better than being tethered to a blob of inactives for months on end, and the GOMN banter was hilarious. I really wish I'd joined sooner. The comeback our alliance made following that crushing defeat in B2x was awesome and it was great to be a part of it.

Edit: Funny to see how many Delta has-beens still read this forum :)

Gam.
Guild: Fleet
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Gam. » Tue 29 Jan, 2013 03:48

Mr. W1z4rd wrote:but I did end up really like Gambit and Ruder for what it's worth.

they were some fun times

Mr. W1z4rd
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Mr. W1z4rd » Thu 07 Feb, 2013 04:22

It really was, even Rudinski was better adversary (after he was a friend) than TDF.

:biglaugh:

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Ruder » Fri 08 Feb, 2013 22:04

Mr. W1z4rd wrote:It really was, even Rudinski was better adversary (after he was a friend) than TDF.

:biglaugh:

It was never the same after you left! No other AYAYA leader could take a crap on a keyboard and make people believe it was a priceless statue like you. (Before I get flamed for insulting Mr. W1z4rd you should read up this page and understand that this is actually a nice compliment). he was one of the, if not the best, spin-doctors in the history of Delta.

X-Men wrote:Anyways....what i would like to know if anyone could clear this up.....at the D58 battle at the wormhole anybody who was at the battle knows we had fighter stacks waiting to kill the first FLEET mobiles to land and 1 hour before Masterteam began kicking all our players and began to systematically destroy all our fighter stacks. In turn we kicked all his Underdark members and destroyed their fleets in case there was more treachery.

I can tell you 2 things with 100% certainty about this. 1) It was not Masterteam. 2) It was not controlled by anyone in FLEET. Wildcard and I (As well as others in FLEET) did have spais everywhere. However we never used them to suicide. They were too valuable and we knew there would always be another opponent and other guilds for the spais to join.

-------------------------------------------------------

I enjoyed my time with all the opposing leaders in Delta. The Spin-Doctor Bill Nye, The explosive Blondie, The wannabe Spin-Doctor and the second best for laughs Bronson, The never forgiving and ever loyal Masterteam and the indescribable and ever laughable Bindel.

Honestly if it wasn't for these guys (and my friends in FLEET) I would have stopped playing AE well before I was banned. These people and the interactions with them were way more entertaining than the game itself.

Bill brought up regrets and honestly I only have one. X-Men. Probably one of the most loyal and dedicated AE players during my time in AE. He had such strong feelings against me (and Wildcard) that I think it nearly ruined the game for him. I really wanted to clear the waters with him after the big D58 crash but could never get him to talk.

Nice post and nice to see you well Bill...

Mr. W1z4rd
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Mr. W1z4rd » Sun 10 Feb, 2013 19:09

Habs, Blondie, Cats, Contra and Paha were the best- I was just the student, and someone with a lot of time on his hands.

Tehedra
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Delta Zephyr
Lyra LARS
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Tehedra » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 20:56

The history of Delta, always depends on those who write it but is remembered differently based on the guild you were in. Great input Mr. Wizard was very honest; I know I too have some regrets including quiting AE back when I did.

Delta was definitely my favourite server out of every server I had ever played on.

Uncle Remus

Postby Uncle Remus » Tue 28 May, 2013 02:29

I've got to say Mr.Wizard has a pretty good recollection of how the server went. Being there from the start as a Penguin, then later on founding STD I can vouch for pretty much everything he said. Although few minor things were left out like ORKZ and IX. They were big parts in the 00's in the early running.

Later on, when Grits ran to the 60's it was STD who found them and tipped off AYAYA. I remember using my Death Stars to take out a big chunk of fleet in the 60's but I can't remember who it was that I caught. (I was already simming to quit the server, hence the DS)

Also, for that GOMN recap. Ace and MrLD had a little falling out which lead to the split, though the guilds remained friendly.

At the end of the day the STD wouldn't have been possible without my friends in AYAYA(Habbibi, Cats, Contra & Blondie) GOMN also owes them as I worked to keep them safe from the STD side. Chilly Willy also deserves credit here. He did quite a bit.

Having played C/D/E/F/G/H/I & J I have to say D was the most fun I had and AYAYA is to thank for that.

Glaurung
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: The Art Of War
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Glaurung » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 18:08

TrueJustice wrote:
Read this

It was a very interesting text to read. Liked the mention of HeiHo and Ceti in the presentation of WMD.

Best regards to all of you who played in Helion's IV guild.Fun times. :)

The majority of the human population is getting less and less intelligent with each generation. We hit our peak as a species right before the internet was born. Now all the idiots of the world have the power to spread their ignorance.
RAMMATHORN
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Delta [Tag]
H. [WOLF]
Ixion [WL]

Postby RAMMATHORN » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 06:30

Delta was my favorite server. Honestly though my favorite time with when I was in wolf under that crazy Death Walker lol. I was located in the 70's along with a number of other wolf players. I had made a lil wolf pack called the Night Stalkers and we were pretty successful until an AYAYA player with a huge levi stack caught us using Habibbis gate in D72. I wish that battle report site hadn't gone down as I had all of my reports from the beginning of the server on there and I could have gone into detail about more from our WOLF days. Being that it was a few years ago the details are a little foggy though.

I enjoyed my time in TAG right after wolf although many friends ended up being in Fleet. I am unsure who is one my account now in delta but I see that it is still in the top 20 for exp (I didn't have great prod compared to some but still was over 12.5k with commanders) I just was never able to build up a huge fleet before using it again. being a fighter/hv bomber spec meant I could hit pretty much any target so I usually always had full ques. Unlike some people I was only suicided a few times where the more important players seemed to be magnets for it. My worst was when I had 5M fighters in que and I had to cancel many of them as I had 12.5k fleet carriers suicided by a team member, then I had another 5k or so killed a little while later.

All in all Delta was a great server to be on for most of it we had to do the small missions and catch fleet and run before we could be caught but then for a while we were on top and that is when we became to inactive and the amazing activity of Fleet and co caught up to us in ships and with AJAX being recall trapped caused us to be overtaken in fleet. Wizard explains it in much more detail but it was always more fun before so many people quit that I knew. I will have to make a list one day of all the characters lol but for now I don't want to as I know I would leave so many good guys out.

Luftwaffe wrote:I think id rather T-bag a bear trap then have to read another one of these stupid WL threads.

Pasternack wrote:Too much flame and uselessness in this topic.

[/b][/color]Locked[/b][/color]

I see ur BB-code fail :scared:

Return to “Delta”