Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

User avatar
wildcard
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri 02 Jan, 2009 02:44
Reputation: 7
Galaxy: Delta

Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby wildcard » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 14:32

So I was looking at the guild leaders.

Guild Ranks by fleet:

1. CFF
2. FLEET
3. NeM
4. GOMN

Each Guilds GM's rank in server XP:

[CFF] Ephesians Rank 11
[FLEET] Ruder Rank 1
[NeM] Bindel™ Rank 441
[GOMN] Spacegurl™ Rank 15
[FLEET] Wildcard Rank 18

I had to include both Ruder and Wildcard as we keep being accused we are both multi's

So looking at the above I noticed Bindel was a little bit out of place, thinking this was wrong (and maybe poke some fun) I thought I would have a chat with him about this maybe offer to help out with some training etc, but I find out I have been blocked by him and also a lot of the leadership in Nem (or at least the ones I checked).

So too save time rank 441 equates to around 8mill XP which is what I had in May 2010, in fact the server average is actually around 11mill. So I have to ask "Bindel whats the go mate?". In fact "Since Delta only has around 300 active people playing it I thought rank 441 was a bit low"

You would have to be at the top for the worst XP rank for top 10 GM's in AE history!

To be fair I did see you trying to look cool on our LZ and all when we came to D31 to stomp your minions but I then realized thats about all where I see you engaged in any action.

I heard you got your fleet in the 50's hiding underneath CFF's skirt.

on another note:

Apparantly we have transformed into Ayaya because we attacked Nem fleets. Apparently we back stabbed them because they didn't know the Nap was ending, Ruder/WC was too vague on our previous forum post about ending the alliance.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:24
Reputation: 12
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ruder » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 14:47

They all blocked me as well m8 :(

I think my plan of the extra long notice for withdrawing from the alliance worked. They seemed to have forgotten all about it. Really I think they are just mad because they wanted to keep 90% of all the fleets in Delta allied so that they could farm the other 10%. And like anyone they are extra mad because we launched to their homeland. Who wouldn't be...

But lets talk about your stats. You only scratched the surface m8...

Lets look at the Co-GM

[NeM] Aleksandros XP Rank 404

And the Squad Leaders

[NeM] PsychoPetrovich XP Rank 298
[NeM] Astro Peep XP Rank 304
[NeM] jack jack XP Rank 280
[NeM] BoNeSNaP (Way down there - I got board searching)
[NeM] Warrior234_NeM XP Rank 588
[NeM] Daystar XP Rank 387

If you look through the ranks I think the highest XP (non-SIM/AYAYA) NeM player is [NeM] Spankthefrog.

[NeM] Spankthefrog for NeM GM!

Paralda
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2008 18:44
Reputation: 3
Guild: Nem

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Paralda » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 18:27

Ruder you are flat out bending the truth. You have not tried to contact me which is kind of interesting in light of the fact that you specifically mention me as Co GM so could not have forgotten. Oops huh?

And its funny really because I am the one person who has never blocked anyone. or Is that irony, I can never really get that right?

As for my XP, yawn, I have never claimed to be the big fighter. frankly that part of the game does not interest me in the least, and anyone in Nem will tell you that. For me it has always been about strategy not the numbers game which I suck at with or without a battle calc lol!

People have invaded our "home" many times in the past and here we still are. That's the strategy I was talking about

Aleks

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:24
Reputation: 12
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ruder » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 18:44

I'm sorry m8. You are correct. You have not blocked me. I think I have only been Blocked by Bindel, Uber and Draco to be honest.

Please accept my apologies!

Rocko
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2008 22:04
Reputation: 1

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Rocko » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 01:56

I'll take the bait here and make my once every 2 year post.

Actually I'm the one who posted that Fleet has become the new Ayaya, how so?
I go by actions, not words, and the actions that Fleet has taken the last week has earned them, especially Ruder, that title.

First, what ever the ex Ayaya members may claim (we was bored) Fleet led and earned the crash victory, congrats. But, many helped them. I was part of the initial wave, lost fleet, and even left millions of derbs owed to me for the Fleet members who were zeroed out, and I know of other Nemesis members who did like wise. Keep that in mind, just a few months ago, our side was united in fighting the same tactics we now see in Fleet. As recently as 2 weeks ago, Fleet/Ruder/ζЂïεηΞςЂưηζ were all buddy buddy as they wanted to join Nemesis to use our JGs to make a hit.

Now, Ruder decides to cancel the Nap for "the good of Delta", very sincere he sounded. In a way I agree with him.
He sends messages that make it sound like hits will be made, but that's ok, everyone will be adapting and this ain't a war thing.

Nap ends on Sept 1.
Within 3 days Fleet makes it's first strike on Nemesis in the lowers, a smaller joint op of Fleet members.
Then within 8 days of Sept.1 Fleet makes a full scale invasion of a Nemesis home area. In essence Fleet waited one week and declared war on the very folks who helped them to the top. An interesting thing about this is that Fleet has not attacked any other Guilds, just Nemesis.

Another funny fact is that as soon as Fleet lands they start stealing occupations, even drekon bases held by Nemesis.
Ruder sends out messages saying he's "shocked" that Fleet would do this, let him know who's doing it and by golly he'll put a stop to it. Mean while Fleet goes on just attacking Nemesis and stealing occupations. Members then start receiving messages from Fleet guys that Nemesis started it which is hard to believe after pages of attack reports of Fleet occupation stealing. But you have to lie to your own guys to cover your fibs to the other side I guess.

So, yeah, we made a mistake. We believed all the sincerity that Fleet was just canceling a nap for the "Good of Delta". We made a mistake when we thought that years of working together might mean something. Our bad.

Don't try and turn this into something that it isn't by making personal attacks on certain Nemesis members in an effort to hide away what Fleet and it's leaders have done in the past week. You've basically screwed over a guild that helped you get where you are, and individual members who personally sacrificed for you.
Enjoy your farming trip and the reputation that goes with it.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:24
Reputation: 12
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ruder » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:49

Rocko wrote:Nap ends on Sept 1.
Within 3 days Fleet makes it's first strike on Nemesis in the lowers, a smaller joint op of Fleet members.
Then within 8 days of Sept.1 Fleet makes a full scale invasion of a Nemesis home area. In essence Fleet waited one week and declared war on the very folks who helped them to the top. An interesting thing about this is that Fleet has not attacked any other Guilds, just Nemesis.


So what did you expect FLEET to do? Did you think that we wouldn't attack anyone? I don't understand how anyone would be surprised that we would actually try and make some debris.

And a point of clarification. Our entire guild jumped to the lowers. You guys just happened to send a squad to the lowers the day before our launch. FLEET's launch orders to the lowers were posted in our announcements for over 5 days. We did not launch just for those fleets. I did however intend to launch to D30. Our jump to D09 was just a pre-jump for the jump to D30.

Incidentally CFF actually pulled of the first invasion after the NAP ended in D58 and D57. They did well!

Rocko wrote:Another funny fact is that as soon as Fleet lands they start stealing occupations, even drekon bases held by Nemesis.
Ruder sends out messages saying he's "shocked" that Fleet would do this, let him know who's doing it and by golly he'll put a stop to it. Mean while Fleet goes on just attacking Nemesis and stealing occupations. Members then start receiving messages from Fleet guys that Nemesis started it which is hard to believe after pages of attack reports of Fleet occupation stealing. But you have to lie to your own guys to cover your fibs to the other side I guess.


Robotech attacked a NeM occupation fleet on a Drekon's base that already had over 1m of derbs on it. He did not re-occupy the Drekon's base. Also FLEET gave a NAP to DARK and SWARM. So when we landed in the 30's we did free the occupied bases of our friends. Something that all guilds do. Again - we did not steal any occupations. I tried to explain this to Bindel. And this was the one message he sent me before blocking me:

[NeM] Bindel™ Reply - Copy Savebox - Block Player - Report 9 Sep 2012, 21:24:54
That would be a little late after the fact kid. Doh!!

But then again one expects this kind of behavior from a former ally used to using others to climb to a perceived top.

Your offer is as empty as the wind coming out of yer arse.


B~


Honestly I don't see how its my fault Bindel is an idiot and how you guys cant differentiate Occupation Stealing and Revolting the bases of guild friends. Yes the Drekon's occupation is a fine line and perhaps even crossed the line. However I feel that any guild would have done the same given the situation with the large occupation force and over 1m of free derbs floating in space. I would not have been offended if it happened to us.

Rocko wrote:So, yeah, we made a mistake. We believed all the sincerity that Fleet was just canceling a nap for the "Good of Delta". We made a mistake when we thought that years of working together might mean something. Our bad.


Someone had to do it or nearly all of Delta would have continued to be NAP'ed and we would have just killed off every smaller guild and then had no targets. Again - I am sorry that I ruined NeM's easy farming of Delta. And again. What did you guys really think would happen? If we didn't plan on attacking NeM, CFF or GRITS why would we have canceled the NAP?

Rocko wrote:Don't try and turn this into something that it isn't by making personal attacks on certain Nemesis members in an effort to hide away what Fleet and it's leaders have done in the past week. You've basically screwed over a guild that helped you get where you are, and individual members who personally sacrificed for you.
Enjoy your farming trip and the reputation that goes with it.


I think NeM is actually turning this into something its not. I hear NeM throwing the word WAR around like something has actually been declared somewhere. I know for a fact NeM has tried to get CFF and GRITS to work with them to recall trap FLEET. Which is actually funny because that is something that I thought we all agreed not to do. I seem to remember talks of guilds not joining together for the sake of attacking another guild.

Lets face it. NeM's pride got hurt. Which is completely understandable. However, and I am sure some NeM members agree with me, the inexperience of NeM's leadership left them ill equipped to deal with the situation. And instead of dealing with the situation rationally the NeM leadership instead got all emotional and butthurt and took everything way too personally.

I have said it once and I will continue saying it. I play AE to have fun. Nothing more and nothing less. And while chatting on the boards is fun - so is blowing stuff up. As long as FLEET, GOMN, SEALs, CFF, NeM and GRITS stayed allied the only stuff we could have blown up was the smaller guilds like DARK, SWARM, CBMS, etc. And with pretty much all of Delta against them there wasn't much sport in that.

Rocko... I do appreciate all the help that NeM and its members gave in the fight against AYAYA. While you guys may not have played as big of a role as CFF did you did play a role and you did help. And that help will not be forgotten. But realistically we should have all just deleted our accounts after the victory if we intended to not continue to play the game.

In short. I'm sorry your mad and I'm sorry you and NeM cant see past your pride and see that this was not a personal attack on NeM. You guys were just a great opportunity. Our attacks had nothing to do with likes or dislikes.

That said. I would like to congratulate the members of FLEET openly. FLEET moved the entire guild twice in the span of 4 days and did not leave a single player behind. Given the fact that people have been simming since April 1st I would have bet against it. But you guys pulled it off!

------------------

edit

One last thing about these talks of war. FLEET does not consider itself at war with anyone in Delta. We are only farming and looking for targets of opportunity. That said. If NeM really wants to have a WAR with FLEET. I am open to it.

2 [FLEET] FLEET 6301684655 66 95480071
3 [NeM] Unforgiven Nemesis 5777693850 163 35445975

The fleet averages are a bit lopsided but the overall fleet counts are within 500m. If this is something that you really want then lets talk to CFF, GRITS, GOMN, SEALS, etc and get them to agree to stay out of it and we can have our fun.

User avatar
wildcard
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri 02 Jan, 2009 02:44
Reputation: 7
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby wildcard » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:41

Nap ends on Sept 1.
Within 3 days Fleet makes it's first strike on Nemesis in the lowers, a smaller joint op of Fleet members.
Then within 8 days of Sept.1 Fleet makes a full scale invasion of a Nemesis home area. In essence Fleet waited one week and declared war on the very folks who helped them to the top. An interesting thing about this is that Fleet has not attacked any other Guilds, just Nemesis.


I know Ruder dealt with this, but I feel a desperate need to address it also!

So after canceling the NAP and giving each guild tonnes of notice what did you expect Rocko. Our guys (inc me) were looking for some action. Were we suppose to wait another month after the Naps were cancelled before you would stop crying?

A cancelled Nap is a cancelled Nap mate, no point bawing about it cus we caught a couple of your guys with their pants down in D01 or then in D30's.

Out of curiosity what would you have done if you saw some Fleet fleets lying about and there was no nap?

ALSO;

When CFF came into the 50's and caught our SEALS off guards and some Fleet members also did we complain saying that CFF were the new Ayaya? Did we contact Nem and try to get you to join up and go after them? No! in fact we gave our members a "WTF is going on" lecture telling them why did they leave their fleet their when the Nap was over. They should have known better.

Maco144
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun 09 Mar, 2008 20:03
Reputation: 1

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Maco144 » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 19:45

NeM has never been a strong guild with good leaders and it never will be. It will never break into the upper echelon. NeM makes up for it in two ways: For it's players, it is a very fun guild to be a part of day-in-day-out and for its allies they are fiercely loyal.

The decision to break NAP by fleet was evident as soon as AYAYA was vanquished. Their NAP canceling put them in the most advantageous position to climb on the backs of their former allies. "For the good of delta" is a timeless, sham excuse - a classic example of politicing. If you believe for one second that in Fleets leadership discussions their logic was "for the good of delta" instead of "who will be easiest to derb in terms of members and alliances" you're a fool. It's understandable - it was a smart, natural decision for Fleet. NeM being butthurt over it is hilarious, Fleet pretending they are anything other than advantageous is laughable.

It's a game and for NeM friendships mean more than the game.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:24
Reputation: 12
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ruder » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 20:26

Maco144 wrote: it was a smart, natural decision for Fleet. NeM being butthurt over it is hilarious, Fleet pretending they are anything other than advantageous is laughable.


I don't ever recalling saying that it was going to be dis-advantageous for FLEET. As I said earlier. We were out of targets. If I were really all that you say I am. Doing anything I could just to give an advantage to FLEET. I probably would have kept the alliance with CFF and GRITS and only dropped NeM. That would have been GREAT for FLEET. But surely no one would drop that low in Delta right...

...Actually... ...now that I think about it NeM would. Because that's exactly what they did when they dropped the NAP with SEALs. FLEET gives NeM, GRITS and CFF nearly 3 months notice of withdrawing from the alliance and then NeM turns around and gives SEALs 7 days notice and crashed them in 58 that same week. NeM used FLEET's 3 month notice of cancellation to have unadulterated access to hunting SEALs. And you call us low down. :biglaugh:

And everyone keeps bringing up the "Good of Delta" statement I made. What would have been better for Delta? FLEET, GOMN, SEALs, CFF, NeM and GRITS remaining Allied or FLEET withdrawing from the alliance? I certainly didn't see any of the other guild leaders doing anything to change the way it was.

iNTER
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue 09 Jun, 2009 18:52
Reputation: 6
Guild: KAOS
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby iNTER » Thu 13 Sep, 2012 21:19

Good to see Delta forums undergoing a revival. I'm going to get my popcorn!

...and a giant coke!

*slurp*

If a guild drops a pact, personally I would expect to be attacked by that guild and make preparations for it. They clearly have made preparations to hit you if they're prepared to drop it.

So far, you've exhibited the strategic and tactical instincts of a pacifist lemming.
Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 19:27
Reputation: 12

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ephesians » Fri 14 Sep, 2012 01:51

Delta is a much better place now than it was when AYAYA was at their peak with TAG as their meat shield.

iNTER
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue 09 Jun, 2009 18:52
Reputation: 6
Guild: KAOS
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby iNTER » Fri 14 Sep, 2012 06:34

Ah, you see for me, those were the good days. My queues were never empty and hits were two a penny. I went from a small account to a moderately large account (at the time) in about six months. When TAG was still in existence Delta was a very fun place to be.

I will totally admit that when the idea of SIM came about things went downhill, our entire side got mostly stagnant and the whole thing got boring (which was why I eventually deleted that account and buggered off for a while). That point, I imagine, was when Delta got better for FLEET/CFF/NeM... ect. It was great, then it sucked. Or it sucked and then got great. It depends entirely on your perspective.

So far, you've exhibited the strategic and tactical instincts of a pacifist lemming.
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:24
Reputation: 12
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ruder » Fri 14 Sep, 2012 13:33

I like where Delta is right now. AE is much better when you actually have to wonder if someone is plotting against you :D

Honestly I have always enjoyed Delta and have never really had a problem finding targets. Even when AYAYA/SIM was at their peak we still managed to find the stray fleets.

We even have reasons to troll the forums now which is another bonus!

Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 19:27
Reputation: 12

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby Ephesians » Fri 14 Sep, 2012 13:55

I never said that Delta was boring back in then. Like Ruder, I've always had fun in Delta and all of my queues have been running non-stop for years. Even when SIM and AYAYA had their entire blob in my home galaxy, D29 and they had almost every CFF JG base in the galaxy occupied, I still managed to scoop myself about 10m derbs from D28/29 by revolting bases and picking off stray fleets.

User avatar
ovsky
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat 21 Nov, 2009 14:56
Reputation: 0
Guild: CFF
Galaxy: Delta
Location: Portugal

Re: Leadership by example in Nem........NOT!

Postby ovsky » Wed 19 Sep, 2012 02:15

*off topic*
if you pick, for instance, Delta's top player in fleet and google translate what his profile says you will get this

Proverb
Collapse and disappear
Dead horse a living horse medicine
Three boys no boy
Three decades east west three years
Bear blind Abstract popcorn, pick a losing one


reading this is much better than 5 base atacks

-------------------------
Mariovsky

Return to “Delta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests