RIP Ruder acct.

Carbon
Guild: Delta-Fleet
Ixion-$$$

RIP Ruder acct.

Postby Carbon » Mon 01 Oct, 2012 15:05

Such a shame to see it go. Also such a shame that the Admins are so out of touch with the players. IMO this pretty much puts the nail in the Delta Coffin.. He was a Major player for 4 years on Delta, but Deleting acct seems to be the thing to do these days. Now with the GM of FLEET gone many players are going to quit or never upgrade again.. i will never spend another dime of my money on Delta sever again..

Action Jackson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: B: [BLG]
C: [13th]
D: [WMD]

Re: RIP Ruder acct.

Postby Action Jackson » Mon 01 Oct, 2012 16:58

lot of quitting going around, but not suprised really.
the admins killed this game along time ago & they really deserve nothing less.

so thats now 4 top 20 accounts that left within 2 weeks?

Fes
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Fes » Mon 01 Oct, 2012 17:36

Ah, the AE Admins strike again, killing off another server just like they did with the same policies in Ceti

FleetWarbringer

Postby FleetWarbringer » Mon 01 Oct, 2012 20:07

Carbon wrote:Such a shame to see it go. Also such a shame that the Admins are so out of touch with the players. IMO this pretty much puts the nail in the Delta Coffin.. He was a Major player for 4 years on Delta, but Deleting acct seems to be the thing to do these days. Now with the GM of FLEET gone many players are going to quit or never upgrade again.. i will never spend another dime of my money on Delta sever again..

Agree with that , i will quit 2 :D
Ruder was the best GM and one of the best friends for me
Take care & have fun all :D

FNAV
Guild: Delta - FLEET
Fenix - SL

Postby FNAV » Tue 02 Oct, 2012 10:57

After being deleted by our all mighty and all dumb administrators, more than half of the FLEET players offered him their accounts to allow him return game, I've never seen such demonstration of respect in this game and I must say it's well deserved.

The man that gave us hundreds of hours of dedication to provide us with targets, safe Jg's, managing our politics, keeping the guild tight and always pushing us further!

Ruder you deserve all the :clap: :clap: :clap:

You will be missed.

PS: No more upgrades from me! :bleh:

Simmers Are Debris
(those were the days...)
Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Createure » Tue 02 Oct, 2012 20:47

I battled as his foe and as a close ally, and I enjoyed both of these more than 90% of the rest of the pew pew I've experienced.

Sad times. Let's be honest though, we all gotta quit some day and this was probably the easiest way out for our Ruder... I am, in a way, envious. :wink:

Take care mate.

Cutlas [HeiHo]
Guild: Heiho, Delta-Fleet (Clotho)
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Cutlas [HeiHo] » Tue 02 Oct, 2012 21:34

Ruder better come back reincarnated.
He's still on top of his game even if AE isn't.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Postby Ruder » Wed 03 Oct, 2012 15:15

Hey thanks everyone. I had a blast in Delta!

For those of you wondering - I did take this as my opportunity to leave Delta. To everyone who has offered me an account to keep playing in Delta I do appreciate the offer. But in the end this is what I wanted.

I left Delta as a fairly balanced server. Hopefully you guys can keep it that way!!!

The_Desert_Fox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: 13th AA Heiho WMD CFF FTW RED

Postby The_Desert_Fox » Wed 03 Oct, 2012 23:07

Carbon wrote:... with many players are going to quit or never upgrade again.. i will never spend another dime of my money on Delta sever again..

@ Ruder : i too will miss you bro. a true spaceboat captain among the stars.

@ Carbon:

/agreed and support your upgrade boycott**

but this is what i want to say :

We all have a few key player(s) that for whatever reasons make or break the game for each of us personally. They may be the close friends you always fly ops with, they may be the all-knowing/powerful leaders you put your full faith/trust into, or they may be the funnyman on the boards/forums. No matter whoever they are -they are the key player(s) in your user experience, they make the game fun for you. And if ever, for some reason or other, if those players are forcefully deleted/banned from the game, we would materially lose interest in AE and eventually quite (either the entire game or server).

this is also true if a player decides to leave AE on good terms. In their sphere of influence, exiting players affect the "fun" and/or "commitment" levels of other players. We are disappointed when someone we know voluntaries leaves the game.

but we are outraged when key players get forcefully banned over something as trivial as proxy playing or multiaccts or "offending the game staff" (aka "you butthurt ma feelingz so gtfo my sandbox -acct deleted, but feel free to make a new acct and buy upgrades again pleez). The number 1 issue of contention between the Player Community vs the AE Team: players getting deleted over petty *beep*. (AE would be so lucky if everyone agreed to their ToS multiacct rules -which is "pay for 2 accts and get to play 2 accts"). (the 2nd point contention between the Player Community vs the AE Team is: not implementing features or scripts the majority agrees are useful/needed to take the boreing grind out of AE -even though the past 7 features added all came from scripts (move here, prod view, 5th board, credit summery, hide TRs, color bookmarks, blob fleet summery) -which really makes AE Team look like hypocritical jackasses. anyway, thats not my point, im glad those features are ingame now). my point is: these enmass forceful deletions of leave a negative wave of player sentiment towards the AE Team.

it is such that make me think:
that the AE Team does not understand (or show to the community that they do understand) the negative domino effect that these massive acct deletions have on their game -nor do they understand that their servers are heavily dependent on a few key influential players who are the core "market makers" that actually create the dynamics in the game's user experience. Ruder being one of them for the delta server.

which leads me to think:
there has to be a better system in place instead of just flatly banning a player. the Penalties portion of the ToS was a step in the right direction, and i support the AE Team for added it. because before that there was only 2 options: get deleted, or beg and hope that the person on the other end of the email convo was a human with an understanding mind (which was no safe bet). BUT it is not complete. and if you have read this far, here is my point in this paragraph:1 or 2 days of x10k econ is nothing, but are fine for light offences. BUT surelly we can create a multi tier system that gets up to 1m to 50m credit fines for those "direct ban offenses" (except for RL threats -terrorism is srsbzn).

im sure there are a few players that would rather see a 10m (or more) credit/fleet penalty than have their accts fully deleted. so im going to say this directly to the AE Team: if you cant *beep* prove account shareing or multi accts, you might want to think about a penalty tier system.

i wish there was a nicer way of saying that last part, but the overall sentiment of the player community is not friendly towards you. and its your own fault. take the OP above -by deleting Ruder most of FLEET wouldnt save your *beep* if your bases were being farmed -or even if your RL base was getting molotov cocktailed. the sad part of all this is: if you were to create an acct, i doubt anyone in your own game would tag with you.

thats something to think about: winning back your customers, and creating a big boy penalty tier system for "serious" offenses you cant *beep* prove.

*** i support the boycott BUT on different terms, i choose to only reward AE once they start implementing game features that are worthy of paying for (eg DS with mobile scanners, fleet commanders that can autonomously attack, etc)
Last edited by The_Desert_Fox on Thu 04 Oct, 2012 07:10, edited 2 times in total.

Dominion wrote:And TDF made a lot of DS's that he sent on thousand hour trips while claiming to be jesus at AE.
Action Jackson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: B: [BLG]
C: [13th]
D: [WMD]

Postby Action Jackson » Thu 04 Oct, 2012 00:34

boycots have never changed anything on AE, still enough people buying.
Though I hope some servers are reaching the point of no longer being profitable.
The problem isnt the banning its the way they go about it.
If you multi or whatever sure you deserve a ban.
Though I kinda feel guilty now for reporting Ruder lolol

problem is that they cant detect it, same with the new generation of scripts.
the see certain signs that COULD indicate cheating or scriptuse but signs aren't proof.
Thats why they never share their proof because it doesn't exist.
yo just have to take their word for it & you get a nice FU mail saying Ban is final, feel free to play another game.

Theyve been banning players that upgraded so many accounts for so long for BS reasons without proof, they just cant help themselves or run a professional customer support department for that matter. If it weren't for the amount of time players invest in the game & their loyalty to that investment & the peeps they play with this game would have gone under along time ago.

Habibi the Infidel wrote:I'm vacationing in Egypt right now, they let you do all kinds of crazy things with the animals.

I luvs me a little internets paranoia.
Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Thu 04 Oct, 2012 14:59

Good luck Ruder.

Also pretty much in the same boat as Desert fox in that I refuse to upgrade till they decide to improve their game.

Createure
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Createure » Thu 04 Oct, 2012 19:32

Though I hope some servers are reaching the point of no longer being profitable.

That's a pretty stupid wish. If stuff ever becomes unprofitable they will simply pull the plug... trust me they are not running this game out of a desire to provide enjoyment and happiness to it's clients. /facepalm

Besides, there's effectively no limit to the extent to which they can stack old dusty 'game servers' on top of each other into a single 'real server'... so they will always be able to milk the last drop of upgraded blood out of the old games until there is literally nobody left. (Hence how we saw the DDoS attack on the Delta server a couple years ago also bringing down the Hellion server at the same time)

RoboTech

Postby RoboTech » Sun 07 Oct, 2012 14:21

That was not a DDoS attack. AE Admins insisted that it was a hardware failure that took more than one week to fix :P

They admit it later on after failure to get the server back up. And those same people that lied to us at first are the ones that judge potential no definite evidences about things that may violate the ToS.

Ruder was one of the few players in AE that freely offered upgrades to guildmates for being usefull or being in a tough spot. I know cause I was upgraded 3 times by him. According to Ruder their final statement was something like stop emailing us or we will block you. *beep* that. The lvl of proffesionalism in them is just non existent.

If there was an ae admin account ingame it would have a lot of suicides on him for getting mad an entire guild

Baya

Postby Baya » Fri 12 Oct, 2012 01:27

Sweet Jesus! TDF, you havent changed a bit! still the same walls of text :scared:

RIP to Ruder account, very sad stuff...

EDIT: removed some content, some stuff will just get me into trouble, and we've had enough of that recently

Winter Warrior
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: [WOLF]
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Winter Warrior » Sun 14 Oct, 2012 20:51

Carbon wrote:Such a shame to see it go. Also such a shame that the Admins are so out of touch with the players. IMO this pretty much puts the nail in the Delta Coffin.. He was a Major player for 4 years on Delta, but Deleting acct seems to be the thing to do these days. Now with the GM of FLEET gone many players are going to quit or never upgrade again.. i will never spend another dime of my money on Delta sever again..

Sad to see this happen Delta was one of the most amazing servers ever IMHO

Good luck to all the players left behind

Ruder all the best IRL

Reason wrote:If I wanted a lulzy, semi-crazy, devil may care, imaginary space boats are imaginary, loco yet still proficient experience, I'd choose DW.

Return to “Delta”