Delta P&W is officially dead :( Farewell Wildcard!

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET
Galaxy: Delta

Delta P&W is officially dead :( Farewell Wildcard!

Postby Ruder » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 16:10

I decided to make on last stop in Delta P&W to wish it, as well as my trolling buddy Wildcard, one last farewell.

Today Wildcard decided to stop playing AE. I'm sure he will be missed by many players inside the Deltaverse and equally missed here in Delta P&W.

Wildcard is the one responsible for dragging me into AE and the one responsible for keeping me playing AE as long as I did. We had a great run! But all great things must come to an end. ;)

Adios!

Lince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Delta P&W is officially dead :( Farewell Wildcard!

Postby Lince » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 16:21

no more calls in the middle of the night well Delta is dead no need for a new server just restart this one...

i bloody hate you ruder i diden't got to suicide your *beep* :bleh:

teh_entity wrote:<3 you massa,I hate lince :whisle:
I still voted for you :scared:
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ruder » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 16:22

Everyone else suicided on me :P You just missed you chance ;)

Lince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lince » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 16:28

i demand a new account from you just so i can derb you :whisle:

teh_entity wrote:<3 you massa,I hate lince :whisle:
I still voted for you :scared:
Baya

Postby Baya » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 18:49

Sad to see you guys go, and was a real shock to get the message about WC on my inbox today :(

I guess Delta, as AE in general, is getting to the later stage of its "life". Mostly upset that it went the way it did because of wrong choices from frivolous people.

Anyway, wish both of you guys the best in life, was nice knowing you.

Cheers,
Baya

KAMI
Guild: D:FLEET
F:NOT FATE/TE

Postby KAMI » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 18:57

This is not the way to make a better server

Wish you both the best

AoD

Carbon
Guild: Delta-Fleet
Ixion-$$$

Postby Carbon » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 21:44

It's funny how a single event can spiral into the mass quitting. i came back to delta cause this was the server i started on, but it seems to be dying so quickly thanks to the help of stupid admins going on a banning spree.. i cant see myself staying for much longer. :nonono

Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ephesians » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:26

Ruder was the only one who got banned. All the others (pom, wildcard, etc) quit voluntarily. As much as I hate to see them all go after playing with them for so long as both friends and foes, I find it ridiculous how everyone is blaming the admins for "ruining delta" because Ruder finally got caught after years and years of cheating. As if the admins are doing some terrible deed by enforcing their own game rules.

FNAV
Guild: Delta - FLEET
Fenix - SL

Postby FNAV » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 14:01

/facepalm
Another one bites the dust...

I blame this on Ruder! :grumpy:

Simmers Are Debris
(those were the days...)
Baya

Postby Baya » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 00:39

Ephesians wrote:Ruder was the only one who got banned. All the others (pom, wildcard, etc) quit voluntarily. As much as I hate to see them all go after playing with them for so long as both friends and foes, I find it ridiculous how everyone is blaming the admins for "ruining delta" because Ruder finally got caught after years and years of cheating. As if the admins are doing some terrible deed by enforcing their own game rules.
C'mon Ephesians, dont be that guy
If what Ruder did was cheating, not saying it wasnt, you KNOW there is a Ruder in pretty much every major guild in AE, and those are the guys who keep it interesting

Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ephesians » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 08:17

Baya wrote:
Ephesians wrote:Ruder was the only one who got banned. All the others (pom, wildcard, etc) quit voluntarily. As much as I hate to see them all go after playing with them for so long as both friends and foes, I find it ridiculous how everyone is blaming the admins for "ruining delta" because Ruder finally got caught after years and years of cheating. As if the admins are doing some terrible deed by enforcing their own game rules.
C'mon Ephesians, dont be that guy
If what Ruder did was cheating, not saying it wasnt, you KNOW there is a Ruder in pretty much every major guild in AE, and those are the guys who keep it interesting
Yes, It was blatanty cheating, there is no denying that. And yes, I know lots of other players who do the same thing in several guilds on several servers.

That still doesnt change anything. Cheating is still cheating even if everybody is doing it.

If you control multiple accounts, you risk getting banned for IP sharing.
If you credit transfer, you risk getting fined.
If you autoscout, you risk getting penalized for using illegal scripts
If you share login info, you risk getting your account hijacked and suicided into guildmates.

In any case, you gotta accept the consequences of your own choices/actions if you get caught.

Don't whine about it, its your own fault, nobody to blame but yourself.

Cannon_Fodder
Guild: Delta: [FLEET]
Fenix: [NøiSe]

Postby Cannon_Fodder » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 13:04

I remember when both Ruder and Wildcard started their accounts a year later than the rest of us in D58 and i had to vouch for them to join [Wolf]. I could tell way back when they both first started that those boys along with Sard, Pommie and Spalvo were lions just waiting for the right time to burst onto the stage, tear up Delta and make their mark on the game .... and they did.

Good Luck to Wild, Ruder, Pommie and Spalvo on whatever's next.

Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ruder » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 16:46

@ Cannon Fodder - Thanks man it was tons of fun!

@ Ephesians...

What you have said is harsh but true. But I don't think the feelings that people are expressing are contrary to what you are saying. I believe the feelings have more to do with the ways that fines and punishments are applied.

And for the record I am not Whining about anything ;)

Since talking about a specific ban is against the ToS I am going to generalize.

So lets say a GM got deleted for moving some guild mates fleets and the guild mates that got moved got warned. So yes according to the rules that act is cheating and your right a person would have got what they deserved according to the rules. But would the GM's deletion really help the game? Did the GM get caught doing anything that every GM in every server, or someone in that guild, is involved in? Probably not. Did the GM deserve to get punished, absolutely.

As far as the other things you brought up. Spais, Scouting Scripts, Credit Transfers, etc. Are some worse than others, absolutely. Are there different forms of "Multi'ing" yes.

I think people might question the admins decision based on what it was for. A GM moving the fleets of a few guild mates is fairly common and probably deserves a fine. If the GM was doing, or got busted for, credit transfers, suiciding into people, using multiple accounts to attack someone, building JG networks or spai'ing on other guilds it would be different and should have a different level of punishment. Some form's of using multiple accounts actually hurt other players in this game. Some forms of using Multiple accounts a probably a bit more benign.

Personally I think the admins of this game need to use their heads when they determine fines and punishment and understand that their game isn't as black and white as their penalty policy.

For me I have no regrets not playing AE anymore. I was looking for a reason to leave AE and the game made that decision for me.

Osiris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: SHLD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Osiris » Tue 30 Oct, 2012 07:02

It sucks to see Ruder and the gang go.

Oddly enough it was Pommie who got me into FLEET in the first place. Needless to say, my time spent there was great, and Delta will not be the same without you guys.

I wish you the best of luck in real life, and all that sappy going stuff that should go here.

War were declared.
Baya

Postby Baya » Wed 31 Oct, 2012 01:44

Ruder wrote:@ Cannon Fodder - Thanks man it was tons of fun!

Personally I think the admins of this game need to use their heads when they determine fines and punishment and understand that their game isn't as black and white as their penalty policy.
I was about to reply to Ephesians, whom I have in good regards, but instead I noticed Ruders reply, and it's pretty well stated there - You've got to know how to weight pros and cons of such actions. that's why I said what I said on my 1st post in this thread, the one about "frivolous people"

Delta aint a new server. right by the contrary, its getting quite old.
It's not like we're getting a constant stream of new players here who could, in good truth, be penalized by the "bad habits" that the already installed player base has been accustomed to.
If you care to see it, it's my belief that the vast majority of the "upgraded accounts" on Delta strongly benefits from some breaches in the policy of AE.

Not trying to deceive anyone, and the admins are more than welcome to monitor me, but I dont "break the law". I did it once, thinking I was doing a good deed to someone (logging an account that wasnt mine on E) and I paid dearly for that. But I do see the benefits of turning a blind eye on some violations of the ToS, or w/e they call it here, on servers such as Delta. It benefits everyone, at least the ones who care to put money on the table - both the Admins as the players. It makes both parts happy.
What I cant understand is how the Admins bang their hammer blindly, decreasing their income on a server that has no prospect of ever becoming as fertile as any new server, with new players not yet "contaminated", while clearly disturbing the set "order" that we live with.
Its not the time, and its not the place - not here, not now. It's an error provoked by their ever so willingly need to show who's en charge - my opinion, dont burn me for that. And this reflects, the way I see it, a very immature way of dealing with setbacks or mere obstacles, and tbh this is what confuses and upsets me the most.

Anyway, got too much blood in my beer, only hope to have at least made a bit of sense on whatever I wrote.

Cheers,
Baya

Return to “Delta”