How much seasoning does your delta need?

ζЂïεηΞςЂưηζ
Guild: D: FLEET
D: SIM
D: AYAYA
Galaxy: Delta

Re: How much seasoning does your delta need?

Postby ζЂïεηΞςЂưηζ » Tue 30 Apr, 2013 06:41

Raze9 wrote:Chen just had a snack of 73 Levis

228 :P

Nice read Raze9 :) I'll be looking forward to EW's post as well.

I'm not fully convinced that every Guild would fully go through with the changes nor do I believe Alpha's politics is the Main reason for its vitality. But I am willing to listen to the comprehensive knowledge that you guys can provide and show myself and others who share my skepticism a "better" way to do Business here in Delta.

It is good to see people wanting to make something better out of a server I always seem to gravitate back too. Looking forward to reading more in-depth idea's such as Raze9 so we may start hashing out the details for the Server.

Whats the worst that can happen? A few more Deltians pass on :(

X - Men

Postby X - Men » Tue 30 Apr, 2013 15:21

wow....raze you must have a lot of free time ..... :D

SWARM unfortunately dropped out of the power 5 after the AYAYA/SIM war ---- many of our members got zero fleeted during that conflict. We can speak as one of the hunted guilds as every one of the top 5 guilds came after our fleets where quite a few of our members quit and we were close to losing most of our most active players as it was not fun anymore being constantly on the run while trying to rebuild.

As a guild we were forced to move most of our active members to DARK just so we could expand our jg network to give us more options/destinations and currently many of our members are in different guilds based on their addresses in the delta verse to allow ease of travel.

The changes will always have to come from the guilds in power and their players who have the big fleets. It can't come from the smaller guilds or their players with the 10 million mobiles unless there is some fundamental change in the game that would help/benefit the smaller guilds.

We will be discussing this issue amongst our current active members but i believe that we will be onboard with any changes as long as all guilds are onboard with the changes.

Raze9

Postby Raze9 » Wed 01 May, 2013 02:41

Thanks for the replies back Chen and X-Men. Sorry Chen for the miscount on your snack. BTW did you get any heartburn?

I know the ideas are not perfect, but it is a starting point. The more people whom read and post more solutions we can all find a way to work together and create a better server. Sent many msg out today to old friends and people I never chatted with before. It's my hope that many more will toss around more ideas and start things rolling.

It might be a rolling pebble now, but could soon be a rock that becomes a boulder.

People just need to have the courage to make the changes needed to make this fun again.

Don't just read this roll your eyes and say it'll never work. It will never work if you do nothing. But it could work if you choose to make the effort to make a CHANGE!

xanth
Guild: DDoW

Postby xanth » Wed 01 May, 2013 03:06

I've read everything posted to date in this thread and am creating my own post (in addition to this one) to address some potential trouble spots in the suggestions that have already been made. To be posted soon I hope.

Lord Aries
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Look me up

Postby Lord Aries » Wed 01 May, 2013 04:51

well its bin awhile since i seen these boards lol, how are you all doing lol.

I was asked to help voice an opinion on this issue, don't mind the spelling i know i'm bad at it, english was not my favorite subject in school :P.

anyways, Raze9 has a good base line for implicating changes on the server, I do agree with a better set up since these blob safe zones are killing the server slowly and we lose good players to inactivity.

the main point i agree with is the max fleet part. lowering the max fleet amount to 2 bil will spread the server out quite nicely, smaller guilds will have that chance to grow and be able to challenge the top guilds if they need to.

but then again stated from Ephesians, there needs to be players willing to lead the charge. right now its just easier to sit around and do nothing and be safe in the Blobs.

but for anything to start moving forward everyone needs to be on board. its not going to work if one side dose not play along.

Raze9's base line there is a good platform we can all work from to make the changes needed, to once again have fun on this server. rather then waiting around to see witch blob can grow some nuts and charge at the other.

I'm all for it, to make things fun again. just need more players to fallow suite.

AMBASSADOR_KOSH

Postby AMBASSADOR_KOSH » Wed 01 May, 2013 11:50

Raze's plan may not be the finished article, but at least it is a start. With more input, we can change the Deltaverse for the better.

ovsky
Guild: CFF

Postby ovsky » Wed 01 May, 2013 12:19

we should stick on a plan which is practical. Some of the Raze ideas are nice but they are impossible to implement or to assure.
For instance, there's no way we can forbid guilds from growing behond 55 members.. who is going to stop them from doing it?

saying that there are 2 ideas crossing my mind
1 Invite/merge every small guilds into the top 6. So everybody in delta becomes protected.
2 break alliances for 6 months period, after guild numbers are even (we could do that)
3 Guilds should open the doors to newbies (and spies, lol).

-------------------------
Mariovsky
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FLEET

Postby Ruder » Wed 01 May, 2013 15:31

I think there are some things that you need to consider as your trying to come up with a solution...

AE Game mechanics do not allow for active players and inactive players coexisting on the same server without blobbing. So consider this.

If you look at the top 5 guilds and what I would perceive their activity to be:

CFF = 80% Inactive
NeM = 90% Inactive
GRITS = 90% Inactive
GOMN = <5% Inactive
FLEET = <5% Inactive

This is based solely on guild movements that I have been aware of in the last 6-12 months.

So by asking CFF, NeM and GRITS to split into guilds of 2M max fleet, or a certain number of members you are asking them to basically sacrifice 80-90% of their members as farms. This is because activity in AE=WIN and inactivity outside of a massive blob=DERBS.

IMO the only way to truly fix Delta in the manner you guys want is to get AE to change the game mechanics. Reward activity by increasing the derbs created during attacks or allow production bonuses for active players. Perhaps even let them capture enemy ships rather than derbing them. Keep active players on an even playing field while allowing them to quickly outgrow inactive/simming players. Also institute much greater level protection so that players don't benefit nearly as much, if at all, from attacking smaller accounts. This allows newly created active accounts, or recently derbed accounts to grow up quickly and play with the big boys. It would also encourage people to start accounts on older, established, servers.

ovsky

Postby ovsky » Wed 01 May, 2013 15:39

CFF = 80% Inactive
NeM = 90% Inactive
GRITS = 90% Inactive
GOMN = <5% Inactive
FLEET = <5% Inactive

lol

really?
http://delta.astroempires.com/guild_gra ... scale=days

Mariovsky
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ruder » Wed 01 May, 2013 15:44

I gave GOMN the credit based on Ace's comments in the first post. Aside from that your post really proves me right. Tell me, when was the last time CFF moved?

ovsky

Postby ovsky » Wed 01 May, 2013 17:21

I believe 10%-30% activity on every guild, including FLEET. However those 10% from FLEET make a lot of noise on the ticker :) - Clotho and webuser for instance.
your are damn right about this
AE Game mechanics do not allow for active players and inactive players coexisting on the same server without blobbing

thats why I think its much easier and pratical to ask other guilds to join top guilds than the opposite. Something like that has happened in the past, when ayaya after being defeated merged with FLEET, GOMN, NEM and CFF.

Mariovsky
Ruder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ruder » Wed 01 May, 2013 17:58

There is a difference between making noise on the ticker and being active enough to move when your GM tells you to move. FLEET moves the entire guild a couple times a month.

Really I didn't intend to make this post about FLEET though. Just more generically "Why blobbing happens" and what you are really asking guilds containing members with low activity to do.

Face Rimmer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DELTA-[GOMN]

Postby Face Rimmer » Wed 01 May, 2013 18:02

ovsky wrote:I believe 10%-30% activity on every guild

Not on my watch!
We have 35 guild members, 25 of which as of now are less than 3 hours active. I wont accept anything but high activity when I am running the show in GOMN. People who have known me for some time will confirm this for you.

Hi Ruder! 8-)

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast
AMBASSADOR_KOSH

Postby AMBASSADOR_KOSH » Wed 01 May, 2013 19:55

We all know the game mechanics have failed to keep up as time has elapsed through the Deltaverse, and I can guarantee the developers aren't going to make any radical changes soon to change the slow decline.

This is about working within the constraints of the current game, and attempting to reinvigorate the server by defining a new ethos for the game.

It's easy to pick fault with Raze's suggestions, but offering solutions or alternatives would be more beneficial for us all, and I believe that was the original intention of this topic.

This isn't about one guild or reinventing the past, it's about moving forward and how to make the game appealing again.

All the guilds will need to work together to make any sort of change happen.

The question is, are you all willing to try?

Raze9

Postby Raze9 » Wed 01 May, 2013 21:25

Good to see more people are joining the conversation. Hello Ruder good to see your still lurking around. Just a questions do you mean that Clotho was 90% of the activity for FLEET? Btw nice to see the ticker changing when Clotho is online. :biglaugh:

Back on topic, yes the idea or starting point I laid out is just that. A starting point not the only thing we can do. We need a base line to start with. As it was mentioned in a earlier post making limits on membership per guild might not work which is fine. Part of my thought in making a limit on members was to make it where you had to be more active. Now we know that is not always the case, but it was part of the starting point.

As for the leadership question that keeps coming up with no one making a suggestion. So here is mine "Ask your members whom might want to run a guild", or we already have some guilds that might like an influx of talented players.

A few of the names that could be possible, or could create a totally new guild.
-=Z=-
SWARM
TAG
WOLF
AYAYA
AJAX
_U_
DARK
GN
DEA
Merc
CBMS
~~

To all the ones that read my first post/wall of text. Thank you again for the read and replies. Btw did you know that they let you have 60k characters per post? Reminds me of the old days when Tehedra posted many novels. :biglaugh: Hello Sir hope all is well with you.

Return to “Delta”