Farewell Epsi, Astro Empires

Relentless
Galaxy: Epsilon

Farewell Epsi, Astro Empires

Postby Relentless » Sat 26 May, 2012 09:40

I've played Astro Empires and in particular Epsilon quite a lot. I've done mostly what anyone else would have or has already done. I've played Epsilon in the wee hours of the night; traded shifts with a co-worker to accommodate Astro Empires with all the glorified 1's and 0's as VilePillager of DMTNT once referred to this game as "1's and 0's". It truly inspired hope at a time when losing your fleet was common place amongst almost every guild in Epsilon at the time; though some more than others.

It was a few days ago I announced I would be leaving Epsilon on the FTW boards. I pondered whether or not I should post this but I really could care less how little or how much people care. There are people who leave a mark in history and there are people who are simply people who wish to make note of their existence. Of which I could neither claim to be; not because I would wish to posture humbleness but because after-all despite all the very real people in this game. It is 1's and 0's. Thus there are better things in life for some of us planned up ahead.

For me; Astro Empires was a game that was addictive not because of the game itself. It was because of the people; the reactions and even the Personal messages expressing agony in fantastically funny and bizarre ways. I pillaged, plundered, perm-occupied and did hit and runs. I was part of the «»Teabaggers group for most of my time as a player. I found different perspective and set new goals and to my very own surprise even met those as well as the ones I had met while flying the «» brand.

I'm leaving Astro Empires because I'm too attached to it, spent too much time on it. Ultimately it's that feeling you get that tells you "(yourname), you need to move on; it's time.". That time is mine. So while I have many to thank; I'd like to extend thanks to both my friends and my foes for keeping the game interesting. For the differences we had. Without it; I'm pretty sure Epsilon would be much duller than one might think it is.

It's odd that while I write this I still wonder what the future might hold for Epsilon. Will there be a massive shift? A drawn out hunting season? Will people not active be considered hunter's game? Will the old axises ever crumble and new ones form? Will these boards liven up and fill with meaning beyond Farewell posts... beyond news of blob wars past; Christmas future and new years wishes? Will smaller leaderships arise rejuvenated from their original demise? Lack of RL time or desire to lead inactive forces that drew most of Epsilon into two opposing sides with much fewer guilds (and obviously populace). ?

These questions would be with me whether or not I stayed or not. I think like others before me; I may check in once in a while. The simple fact is; this is my farewell to being a player of Astro Empires until a new chapter if ever. So although I've written this great wall; without further ado;

Farewell Epsilon/AE (as a player or regular participant in actual gaming 'festivities'). Thank you both friend and foe :)

-Relentless
Soundwave
Banned
Banned

Re: Farewell Epsi, Astro Empires

Postby Soundwave » Sat 26 May, 2012 14:52

:(

Quiting this *beep* game.

*beep* you all.
Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]

Postby Carnage 101 » Sat 26 May, 2012 19:34

:( sad to see you go buddy. Should have come over to red aka flood to say goodbye to us there as well. You have many friends there as well you know lol.

Take care and good luck with real life. If you ever feel free enough to start playing again well... Look us up lol.

Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
Neliel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Neliel » Sat 26 May, 2012 20:14

It was a pleasure and honor to fight by your side !

[DMTNT]
Relentless

Postby Relentless » Wed 06 Jun, 2012 16:31

I may very well end up having to continue playing. Guess I'll have to save this speech for later. Continuing to play has more to do with requests from various friends than it does due to "addiction" x.x.

-Relentless
Soundwave
Banned
Banned

Postby Soundwave » Wed 06 Jun, 2012 20:17

Quiting this *beep* game.

*beep* you all.

Return to “Epsilon”