A thought

WallE

Re: A thought

Postby WallE » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 20:12

Ericho wrote:Well with not much time to rebuttal I'll just respond to the based on activity BS and say one name, SOSO? I can name 5-10 players that are probably just being refreshed and reduced to multi's...

You want a challenge? Have FTW become what it was pre mergers. See how dominant they would be then with all of their great leadership.
I think you fail to remember what FTW was before RED separated. Or for that matter, what the percentage of top 100 players was RED and FTW after they split, there are a few new faces, but if you think about it, the guild basically went back to what it was before RED and FTW split, just skinnier.

RoboTech

Postby RoboTech » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 20:29

Shark wrote:The ideal circumstances for any guild is to be powerful enough to defend itself from threats, but to still have enough enemies to keep things interesting until they're defeated.

Things aren't perfectly balanced because they were never intended to be. You can complain and whine about it all you like. Playing fairly and playing to win are almost never the same. I play to win.
Agreed

FTW is powerful enough not just to defend itself against threats but against the combined forces of the entire server. We can assume most of the FTW's old enemies won't be interested in joining a new fight but from a fleet perspective it wouldn't make much of a difference even if they did. Assuming the new guilds that emerged after the split are defeated at some point under the pressure of fighting a force 2x or 3x their size, FTW will be only left with the option of splitting again into smaller guilds to fight it out till the end.

I am fine with that as long as it doesn't take the ENTIRE server to fight just one guild. If you have 10 teams that consist of 21 soldiers it is stupid to have one team with 9 soldiers and expect the rest 9 of the teams independently or not to step up and fight each other or against the first team. This is what the battle will look like in terms of fleet sizes more or less by a glance at fleet rankings.

Maybe we are whining as you say. Maybe FTW is afraid and tossed out a few players to actually have something to fight again but doing so in a way that their dominance is not by any chance threatened. If FTW is so good as it claims in terms of players and activity what is it afraid of so much?

b-west

Postby b-west » Wed 11 Jul, 2012 15:59

wow, just checking this thread for this first since I assumed it was done with, lots...of...action

just so everyone is aware, the intent of my original post had nothing to do with balancing the server and everything to do with me having stuff to blow up, as we truly did not have a lot of targets worth chasing after. So server, please get your ish together, I'm bored and I have lots of time on my hands right now and I really want to something to shoot at.

Return to “Epsilon”