A thought

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun 02 Sep, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 1
Galaxy: Helion
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: A thought

Postby Ericho » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 21:53

Well with not much time to rebuttal I'll just respond to the based on activity BS and say one name, SOSO? I can name 5-10 players that are probably just being refreshed and reduced to multi's...

You want a challenge? Have FTW become what it was pre mergers. See how dominant they would be then with all of their great leadership.

A wise man learns from others mistakes, while a fool only learns from his own.
Elvis7
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue 13 Feb, 2007 19:18
Reputation: 0
Guild: Epsilon - FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Elvis7 » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 22:05

Ericho wrote:I just recently rediscovered the forums, and this thread. Otherwise I might not have put my 2 cents in.

What exactly do you want evidence about? I'm sure if you ask they will tell you. I can dig up conversations if I need to.

Salsa is a legend? He's barely top 20 xp, and a lot of that is probably from killing inactives.

I love how you talk crap when you have every advantage. Stick to making charts DB..

DPR


You hurt my feelings.. :D serious man i expected a harder diss.. If you try to diss me then atleast take more afford and bring a fking diss.
Afterall i'm more popular than you will ever be on Epsilon.. sorry but i dont even have to bring the DB chart in this talk (i dont see that as important as you.. you seem pretty upset about it for no reason :S).. ME > YOU..

Keep crying and we will keep winning.. You talk a LOT.. but it's all fine.. the thing is.. YOU talk a lot of BS and you try to be "holy" in your comments while you at the same time try to put blame and talk bad about other players.. Please dont tell me you are clean? Serious bro, try to talk less and make a plan how your new guild can survive for atleast like 1 more year or more.. make long term plans and short term plans.. :)

Just to let you know i aint aiming at you personal but the thing is.. You cant blame the whole FTW leadership and FTW players for ruining a server.. We aint the admins and cant change a whole server. What we have tried and still are trying is to help as much as possible as we can as players to improve the server as the admins have given up on all "old" server.

What FTW is doing is.. WE PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.. we had the chance to end this game but we didnt wanted.. consider this like an extra chance/life for this server ;)

Mafiozos BiB
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:55
Reputation: 0
Guild: FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 22:23

@Elvis.. may i point something that in my opinion you are wrong..

you speak for FTW like it was what it is right now..

those members in FTW may say they are top in server? and i cant? i was in FTW..and many others..

i was in all crashes.and all OPs.

Y are you talking like we are nothing...and FTW is now the best it can be? is it?

are we(those who are not invited in FTW) the enemies now? and when/if we lose,we will suck?and we will be noobs/farms?

are those ex-BLUE/CAT,currently in FTW top players?

(i do see the point Ephesiens wrote about,and even if i dont agree,i respect it)

but i dont want to see after few months FTW saying that they beat up everything,,and everyone not in FTW are noobs.

koz i helped FTW be where it is today. me and many others.

Elvis7
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue 13 Feb, 2007 19:18
Reputation: 0
Guild: Epsilon - FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Elvis7 » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 23:02

Well, i aint trying to disrespect the old FtW players and ofc you and ex-FtW did ur part but u was also invited to stay/join FtW but refused i Think?

u have some gd points there but times move All the time on AE.. Tomorrow enemy Can Be your Friend this is how it goes. Remember those early days of Epsilon?

Mafiozos BiB
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:55
Reputation: 0
Guild: FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 23:20

Correct..i know these things happen often..and i'm not mad or sad or anything.i've played years b4 epsilon.

many ppl got invitation in FTW...while we all knew it was a limited number...

friends are more importand than ranks for some ppl..:P

and i know that you would do the same..

i had more friends outside of FTW and i had to stay out,and play AE with friends.

but i just yet dont feel okey to hit FTW..while others seems to be ready long time ago,,that seems strange to me.


anyways,,forums aint my thing,,you can see that at me post count..LOL.

Cya in game.. pms are always welcome.. say Hey to HardRock from me.. tell him his Frigs are fat and slow!!! :P

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun 02 Sep, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 1
Galaxy: Helion
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: A thought

Postby Ericho » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 00:30

Elvis7 wrote:
Ericho wrote:I just recently rediscovered the forums, and this thread. Otherwise I might not have put my 2 cents in.

What exactly do you want evidence about? I'm sure if you ask they will tell you. I can dig up conversations if I need to.

Salsa is a legend? He's barely top 20 xp, and a lot of that is probably from killing inactives.

I love how you talk crap when you have every advantage. Stick to making charts DB..

DPR


You hurt my feelings.. :D serious man i expected a harder diss.. If you try to diss me then atleast take more afford and bring a fking diss.
Afterall i'm more popular than you will ever be on Epsilon.. sorry but i dont even have to bring the DB chart in this talk (i dont see that as important as you.. you seem pretty upset about it for no reason :S).. ME > YOU..

Keep crying and we will keep winning.. You talk a LOT.. but it's all fine.. the thing is.. YOU talk a lot of BS and you try to be "holy" in your comments while you at the same time try to put blame and talk bad about other players.. Please dont tell me you are clean? Serious bro, try to talk less and make a plan how your new guild can survive for atleast like 1 more year or more.. make long term plans and short term plans.. :)

Just to let you know i aint aiming at you personal but the thing is.. You cant blame the whole FTW leadership and FTW players for ruining a server.. We aint the admins and cant change a whole server. What we have tried and still are trying is to help as much as possible as we can as players to improve the server as the admins have given up on all "old" server.

What FTW is doing is.. WE PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.. we had the chance to end this game but we didnt wanted.. consider this like an extra chance/life for this server ;)


First off maybe you didn't realize the d in DB stands for douche. Do I have to tell you the second word? Second off the only thing you've ever done is make a google chart for capacities. You are more popular? What are you 12 years old? Yes and please stop talking like the only people who are responsible for FTW being where it is are there. I'm still at less than half fleet I was when we hit Swag, and you already know it's not because my prod cap is low. So now I have to worry about getting hit by the same jagoffs who I sacrificed my fleet for.

AS for Carnage, I was a GM before, and I decided the best thing for the guild was merging into FTW. I'm also not the GM now... I don't want to be GM, and my complaint wasn't that I wasn't a GM, just that I was not in the circle of decisions most of the time. I was definitely against turning on Swag, and would've been against this split as well. That's the only reason I can think of not being invited, but even if I was I would not have taken part like you mindless sheep. Enjoy the gangbanging of the server.

A wise man learns from others mistakes, while a fool only learns from his own.
User avatar
RoboTech
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri 21 Mar, 2008 20:52
Reputation: 2

Re: A thought

Postby RoboTech » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 01:45

DPR and the rest of the leadership of the newly formed guilds are entrusted with the difficult task of creating battle ready group of players to counter the new FTW. FTW has more than enough fleet to challenge all the rest of the top10 guilds combined and has already handpicked all it's members. For FTW nothing changed as far as organization goes and by handpicking their members they could have gotten rid of multis/spies and useless meatshield present in the old guild.

If there is something I didn't like, it was the part that 2 new temp guilds were created (ARK/FLOOD) but only FTW got to pick their members while the rest waited in agony and eventually forced to join a certain side. I don't like the attitude of some members of the newly formed FTW guild claiming only THEM are the best. I was FTW and I did my part for the guild a number of times. Many more chose to join another guild and not FTW because of online friends and buddies. We have skills and we must have more guts to try to turn the situation around in such difficult odds so at least respect that. Of course some may never had a choice to join FTW to begin with, but that is another story.

I am almost certain that at least Ephesians was considering a second split in FTW to spice things up. Apparently it ain't happening. Many FTW players may not be comfortable with the idea of giving up their advantages when going to combat. Some of the FTW players are trigger happy and are waiting the green light to hit their old "brothers". Rest assured that it will happen soon. However rush it and you endanger those newly formed guilds aren't battle ready yet and their leadership collapses under the heavy burdon of managing the situation. The newly formed guilds will need some time to glue together, to form a reliable leadership and also tweak their members by rejecting multis/spies and random inactive strangers and getting reliabe and experienced members involved in leadership and guild stuff.

FTW claims that the combined production capacity of the rest of the server should be enough to outproduce them and eventually win them. Let's hope they are right cause we lost plenty of players who quit ae or deleted accounts during the split feeling betrayed. I expect that several may quit the game if they lose their fleet in a blob crash or a war especially if the server looks one sided like it does now. But some will definetely stay and fight no matter what and will give FTW what it wanted in the first place ... opposition and excitement. Although those players in time won't be enough to challenge FTW.

So this is what I believe of the future. A great conflict is coming in which FTW is likely to win again and a second FTW split may happen then to encourage further play in this server. I hope I get to see some of the morons that now claim they are FTW and they are the best and the rest of their ex-"brothers" are just farms, to get kicked from FTW and join the other side to forcefully fight against FTW, balance the server, provide sport for FTW or any other random reason. It would be even more ironic if we get to see older posts of those morons in this forum with hate posts against the players or against the newly formed guilds to eat some of their words. Cause if we fail to put up a very good fight then a portion of the FTW will be the next enemy of FTW.

Image
Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 19:27
Reputation: 12

Re: A thought

Postby Ephesians » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 06:56

RoboTech wrote:Only FTW got to pick their members...

Not entirely true given that (as discussed previously in this thread) there were several people who were originally invited to be a part of the new FTW who instead chose to go to a different guild. Nobody in FTW is being forced to stay here by any means, everybody can go wherever they choose.

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun 02 Sep, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 1
Galaxy: Helion
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: A thought

Postby Ericho » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 08:50

Ephesians wrote:
RoboTech wrote:Only FTW got to pick their members...

Not entirely true given that (as discussed previously in this thread) there were several people who were originally invited to be a part of the new FTW who instead chose to go to a different guild. Nobody in FTW is being forced to stay here by any means, everybody can go wherever they choose.


He's probably talking about the fact FTW sent secret invites to people while everyone else had no idea what was coming. There was no mutual recruitment..

A wise man learns from others mistakes, while a fool only learns from his own.
Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 19:27
Reputation: 12

Re: A thought

Postby Ephesians » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 09:09

There has been over a month of down time for people to swap around and decide where they want to go, establish new leadership teams, reorganize their guilds, etc.

User avatar
RoboTech
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri 21 Mar, 2008 20:52
Reputation: 2

Re: A thought

Postby RoboTech » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 09:29

Ephesians wrote:There has been over a month of down time for people to swap around and decide where they want to go, establish new leadership teams, reorganize their guilds, etc.


For the most part I agree.
From your point of view it was certainly more than a month, especially for players that got out of ARK/FLOOD and accepted straight away into FTW. For the rest it was less but in all cases plenty of time to think and pick a guild. I don't count idle time within ARK/FLOOD trying to figure what the heck is happening as time towards reorganizing anything.

I do debate though that the new leadership is established and the new guilds organized.

Image
Elvis7
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue 13 Feb, 2007 19:18
Reputation: 0
Guild: Epsilon - FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Elvis7 » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 11:00

Ericho wrote:
Elvis7 wrote:
Ericho wrote:I just recently rediscovered the forums, and this thread. Otherwise I might not have put my 2 cents in.

What exactly do you want evidence about? I'm sure if you ask they will tell you. I can dig up conversations if I need to.

Salsa is a legend? He's barely top 20 xp, and a lot of that is probably from killing inactives.

I love how you talk crap when you have every advantage. Stick to making charts DB..

DPR


You hurt my feelings.. :D serious man i expected a harder diss.. If you try to diss me then atleast take more afford and bring a fking diss.
Afterall i'm more popular than you will ever be on Epsilon.. sorry but i dont even have to bring the DB chart in this talk (i dont see that as important as you.. you seem pretty upset about it for no reason :S).. ME > YOU..

Keep crying and we will keep winning.. You talk a LOT.. but it's all fine.. the thing is.. YOU talk a lot of BS and you try to be "holy" in your comments while you at the same time try to put blame and talk bad about other players.. Please dont tell me you are clean? Serious bro, try to talk less and make a plan how your new guild can survive for atleast like 1 more year or more.. make long term plans and short term plans.. :)

Just to let you know i aint aiming at you personal but the thing is.. You cant blame the whole FTW leadership and FTW players for ruining a server.. We aint the admins and cant change a whole server. What we have tried and still are trying is to help as much as possible as we can as players to improve the server as the admins have given up on all "old" server.

What FTW is doing is.. WE PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED.. we had the chance to end this game but we didnt wanted.. consider this like an extra chance/life for this server ;)


First off maybe you didn't realize the d in DB stands for douche. Do I have to tell you the second word? Second off the only thing you've ever done is make a google chart for capacities. You are more popular? What are you 12 years old? Yes and please stop talking like the only people who are responsible for FTW being where it is are there. I'm still at less than half fleet I was when we hit Swag, and you already know it's not because my prod cap is low. So now I have to worry about getting hit by the same jagoffs who I sacrificed my fleet for.

AS for Carnage, I was a GM before, and I decided the best thing for the guild was merging into FTW. I'm also not the GM now... I don't want to be GM, and my complaint wasn't that I wasn't a GM, just that I was not in the circle of decisions most of the time. I was definitely against turning on Swag, and would've been against this split as well. That's the only reason I can think of not being invited, but even if I was I would not have taken part like you mindless sheep. Enjoy the gangbanging of the server.


DPR> I am 12 years old.. Do you have a problem with that? and i'm still more popular than you.. :D I aint saying that you aint right what you were saying early. Indeed you might be right in some of you examples but the thing is.. you cant judge people on some small facts when you dont know the whole story. And sometimes you gotta give props to some players. Because Epsilon wouldnt be what it is today with all these fking great players! :)

Well the main thing is.. we can sit here and talk for a week or more about this thread but we will still end up to the same conclusion. But the thing is; FTW is guild runned by normal players and we are not the admins to balance the game. And IF we decide to balance the game then keep in mind we are doing our best but you cant balance a game 100%. Remember that old FTW had like 250-300players.. Ever thought of who we were going to kill? We were siiting for like month or more inside E19 and doing nothing.. So at some point we had to split up. And a lot of SIN players feel pissed off and a lot of "old" FTW players do too.. I can only understand the old FTW players but you have to keep in mind that the old FTW was big fat guild with too many players from all across the server.. and lately everybody who didnt wanted to be killed came to FTW.. That's not acceptable. Some FTW that didnt got an invitation into the new FTW should probably ask themselves some questions.

Mafiozos BiB
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:55
Reputation: 0
Guild: FTW

Re: A thought

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 13:00

Elvis,,its okey that ppl still talk in here. we just talk...!!:P

one thing.. there are no awsome players in AE..neither legends. it cant be done..

in AE we have good teams/Guilds and Bad ones.

a player cant be top if his team sucks!! does FTW have great Leadership? yes. will they have done what they did with an inactive or simming guild? NO. would the guild be where it is with active players and noob GMs? no.

its a teamplaying Game.. 1 player cant win...

the only thing i can agree is that some GMs have good plans..and they are really good at making ppl follow their plans.

FTW /RED would not have won so many wars if you and me hadnt used all our mobiles..or stayed up all night to fight.

Shark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:05
Reputation: 13
Guild: FTW
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: A thought

Postby Shark » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 16:36

This whole thread has devolved into a whining session about FTW leaving people behind and things not being fair. When the decision was made to break up FTW, we all knew that there were going to be a lot of unhappy campers. We also knew that we would break down the teams to give ourselves a big advantage. The ideal circumstances for any guild is to be powerful enough to defend itself from threats, but to still have enough enemies to keep things interesting until they're defeated.

Things aren't perfectly balanced because they were never intended to be. You can complain and whine about it all you like. Playing fairly and playing to win are almost never the same. I play to win.

Ericho wrote:During the 17 blob war, Salsashark wanted to abandon the blob and leave every man for themselves. We were outnumbered in many ways, but we had the defensive and activity advantage. I talked Salsa into staying it out, and although he did, you should all know his fleet is his number one priority, and all of you are just a tool for his advancement.

With the merger of DMTNT into FTW, Jezbuck agreed that Joss and I would become GM's of FTW. That never happened, very rarely were we consulted on issues and basically were just regarded as vgm's.

DPR


I feel like I have to address this because it is untrue. While I did strongly recommend that we retreat from E17, I never intended for it to be every man for himself. I was never convinced to support staying, especially by DPR, and was instead simply outvoted. But once TITAN was close enough to pin us down, I did everything in my power to ensure we won, and can say wih absolute certainty that we would not have otherwise.

User avatar
Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed 16 Jul, 2008 22:18
Reputation: 6
Galaxy: Epsilon
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Re: A thought

Postby Poseidon67 » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 19:27


- Poseidon67 - Epsilon [DMTNT] -Out of retirement
- Sajuuk's Wrath - Andromeda [SMURF] - Retired - Centauri - [FAT] - Retired - Quantum {^S^} / [BACON] - Sigma [Ash]

Return to “Epsilon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests